[Walkthroughs] [Cheats] [Tips & Tricks]
Note control functions noted below are for PS2, I'm sure you can find the relevant button on your console or PC.|
- You can change your SC-20K rate of fire by pressing the L3 button.
- When in sniper mode, use your L1 button to hold your breath for a more accurate shot.
- Head shots are a instant kill.
- Cameras detect you more quickly the faster you are moving.
- A rolling maneuver allows Sam to pass through flames without recieving damage.
- Shooting around corners with your back to the wall makes you a harder target.
- Drop attacks are effective and silent.
- Frequently Check your different vision modes; you might see something you couldn't see before.
- Barrels containing explosive or flammable liquids can be very useful...(boomsha)
- Think twice. Act once. Even a lone guard can be a serious threat once alerted to your presence.
- Rolling is effective way to reduce your profile when moving from cover to cover.
- Saving equipment is pointless as you are reequiped between missions. Use what you have.
- Engaging multiple enemies is extremely dangerous. Tilt the odds in your favour with traps, explosives, and other gadgets.
- Enemies can notice lights or cameras that have been broken and can see objects thrown though the air.
- Dogs can smell you (
take a bath, you smelly...). Shadows won't help you against them. Use obstacles or water to delay or lose them.
- Thermal vision can allow you to see through some thin or lightweight materials.
- Knocking out an enemy is always quiter than killing him...and nearby enemies will hear the dying gasps of comrades.
- If an enemy finds an unconscious comrade, he will revive him. So hide those bodies!
- Enemies might hesitate if you are holding one of their friends as a human shield and are not pointing your weapon at them.
- Not all NPCs can be forced to cooperate. Only colonels can open retinal scanners and Technicians can operate computers.
- You can break lights to create your own shadow paths to hide and move in.
- Frequently check updates to Goals, Notes, and Data by pressing the Start Button on your OPSAT. Read those Data Sticks for clues and other useful info.