[Story] [Characters] [Your Character] [Weapons] [Gadgets]
[Patch Info] [System Requirements] [Reviews] [FAQ] [Features]
[European Patch v1.1] [European Patch v1.2] [European Patch v1.2b]
[US Patch v1.1] [US Patch v1.2] [US Patch v1.2b]
This patch does not require any other patches to be installed and it contains all of the updates from previous patches.
- This patch corrects a small problem with the benchmarking tool in Version 1.2.
- The 3D Sound button in the Sound config area is now properly
activating/deactivating 3d hardware sound acceleration/positioning.
- In Shadow Projector mode, the shadow filter design was changed to
LOW/MEDIUM = 2x2, HIGH = 3x2, VERY HIGH = 3x3 depending on the value
of Effects Quality in the video settings menu.
- Holding or Pushing CTRL while going back to the main menu no longer
bring you back to a cube map with a default texture.
- Laser micro success/failure computation fix.
- Benchmark mode (see instructions in readme file).
- No more guard/unguard, check/uncheck to speed up performance.
- No more Shadow Details in Shadow Buffer mode (that setting was useless
on GF3/GF4Ti/FX cards).
- No more bugs submitted to EPIC.
- 800x600 is now supported by 32 MB video cards.
- GeForce 256, Radeon 7500 cards and Xabre 200/400/600 cards (with 3.11
drivers) are now officially supported.
- Night vision fix for several graphic cards.
- Video memory optimization.
Minor AI-Related Fixes
- Fixed the "Hide the Body" challenge failing when the player
closed the light in the security agent’s room.
- Fixed the laser microphone session with Grinko and Masse.
- Fixed the CIA employee getting stuck trying to reopen a light
- Fixed the "Yen! We lost control of a document fire! It's already
past the..." intercepted communication being played more than once.
Minor Graphic-Related Fixes
- RenderingModeNormal.cpp: Fix Radeon 9700 rendering issue with
double sided reflective transparent surfaces.
- ETexSFX.utx: Fix “static wall/floor fire” texture issue + water
- UnShadowProjector.cpp: Fix visibility issue with dynamic actor
being clipped by the visibility engine and still being rendered because
of the static shadow texture cache.
- Massive performance improvement on shadow filtering by removing
5 passes from the filtering algorithm.
- ETexEGO.utx: Fix reflection issue on moving vehicles in Chinese
2 (Feirong limo and Unimog truck).
- 0_0_2_Training.scl: Fix projector not associated to light
gameplay object and causing detection (lightmeter) in the first gun trial.
- EButterfly.uc: Butterfly is now a soft body actor to disable the
static shadow texture cache when a butterfly is in a projector range.
- EFish.uc: Fish is now a soft body actor to disable the static
shadow texture cache when a fish is in a projector range.
- EPCSoundConfigArea.uc: Fix a bug with the real time sound slider
when one of the slider was set to 0 then playing until a map transition happened, then all sounds sliders were reset to zero.
- UnRenderVisibility.cpp: Software light beam rendering is now
used by any card unable to render the shadow buffer algorithm to allow for the GF2MaxDistance parameter to take effect.
- Most maps: General design quality improvement with shadows.
- Kalinatek: Improved stability with low-end configurations.