NEWS
   Current / Submit
   Archive

   HELP
   Walkthrough
   Cheats
   Editing

   COMMUNITY
   Forums
   Fan Fiction
   Fan Art
   Links

   FILES
   Game Demo
   Patch
   Editing Tools
   Community maps
   Movies
   Music
   Submit

   UNDYING
   Game Info
   Features
   Requirements
   Screenshots
   Characters
   Enemies
   NPCs
   Weapons
   Spells
   Inventory
   Macintosh
   Playstation2
   FAQ

   JERICHO
   Game Info


   SITE
   Site Info
   Contact Email




Journal Entry of Malachai Covenant

Original fan fiction by A. R. Morgan. Author's Note: "Here's a little something that plays off the idea of the other Covenant ancestors & how the curse or their curiosity might have affected them."

The following is based on the game Clive Barker's Undying, ©. 2001 Electronic Arts Inc.


[O] Journal Entry of Malachai Covenant found near the Old Tower before it was sealed off.


You get to miss it – sensation. Any sensation.
     Yes, there’s that initial panic that sets in when they cut off your head and place it on a koornagc nest, and yes, naturally the first thing you’d want to do is swat them away and get as far gone as possible, but what can you do?
     Perhaps their eating is a bit painful when they start, a dull itching that flames in spurts as they piece off your flesh, but you don’t have to watch any more once they take your eyes out. You may even get fond of it, tracking their progress as they work their way over your face from one side to the other like a loving plague. Feeling them travel one way then the other as they peel off layer after layer of skin and muscle, revealing secret parts of your anatomy you never knew you had, breeds a sort of intimacy between you and them.
     It’s perhaps the most panicked moment when they start to go inside once they get to the barrier of your skull, when they first have to pass in through what remnants of gristle and hair they may have passed in their zeal to know all of you.
     But then they’re inside, tramping their little lines through your most secret places, turning over hollows along the veins of tunnels that bear you little by little away as they take what they can carry back with them to the nest. It gets to become an almost erotic dance, intoxicating as they buzz their quiet drone into your bone so that it’s not you that’s being invaded by them but you who’s absorbing their bodies, lulling them into a trance as you take their song and resonate it into an encaptured world that becomes stronger as you become hollow. As they eat you away.
     No, it’s not the sensation you get to miss like I first said, it’s them. Their bodies, their flesh mingling with yours, becoming one and eating. It’s not as much fun when you’re just a skull. Then you become just another rock near their path.