Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2009, 01:33:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
BioShock Video Dev Diary #2: This second video in the Dev Diary series dtakes a look at the plasmids that can be found in BioShock. 
307 Posts in 61 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: szilliboba
* Home Help Search Login Register
+ 
|-+  Bioshock General Discussion
| |-+  General Bioshock Discussion (Moderators: Quebus, Pain)
| | |-+  Special events: What would you like to see happen?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Special events: What would you like to see happen?  (Read 2684 times)
Sir Psycho Zeo

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2007, 02:25:32 PM »

Given the great unique settings of this game, what special events would you like to see occur at some point within the game?

For me, it would probably be water-related with a section of a building flooding and forcing the player to get to safety or just stay ahead of the water. I imagine it as something similar to the movie Poseidon.
Quebus
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 06:56:26 PM »

That would be cool provided Shelley Winters is not involved...

I aim for above average half-assery...
Blaker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 11:35:45 PM »

I want to see a car of the time period on display on a little automatic turn-table thing. It will be lootable, and inside there will be med hypos, an audio log, 400 nanites and an emp rifle that you can't use until you are skill level 6 in energy weapons. (Easter egg of course.)

I also want a scary theatre to go into. SS2 did this in the Mall level, but really didn't use it to its full potential. perhaps there could be former actors still trying to act out a play in their madness, or harmless yet creepy props lying everywhere; playful yet sinister reminders of the doomed society. If bioshock is anything like the system shock series, there will be plenty of those.

I also want bellhops. I don't know why, but the concept of running away from a bellhop with terrible supernatural powers seems appealing to me.  Maybe it's just the content of the time period itself that appeals to my fear-senses.
Sir Psycho Zeo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:23:22 PM »

That theater idea is actually damn good. Damn good... Very Happy
Quebus
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 07:27:58 PM »

I would like a few doses of whatever Blaker is on to be delivered to my house in a nondescript brown box with no return address...

Blaker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 08:50:07 PM »

Just another idea, it would be neat if there was some kind of button or code you had to enter every few hours or something *terrible* will be unleashed... Something akin to LOST, which I was obviously stealing it from.Razz

I liked the way TLoZ:Majora's Mask did it; play the song every three days or the moon crashes into the earth...
Quebus
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 06:33:22 AM »

If the enemies in the game are mutants, it makes sense that, as you spend time in that environment, you start to mutate as well. In some instances the mutation would be "good" (a super power for instance) and in some cases, bad (something that impedes your abilities)...

Blaker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 09:33:54 AM »

Quote from: "Quebus"
If the enemies in the game are mutants, it makes sense that, as you spend time in that environment, you start to mutate as well. In some instances the mutation would be "good" (a super power for instance) and in some cases, bad (something that impedes your abilities)...

I think that's what is being hinted at by the developers. In many of the screens, you can see that the players skin has become quite gruesome. The developers have also said that the you rely on the implants, the more monsterous you appear.
Quebus
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 12:15:25 PM »

Once again my genius goes unappreciated...

Blaker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 01:34:51 PM »

Quote from: "Quebus"

No, simply shared by the makers of this game.

Good job!
little daddy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 06:30:17 AM »

Quote from: Quebus

No, simply shared by the makers of this game.

Good job!

don't be  Sad .

irene
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: