BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Trek re-imagination ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you support a Star Trek re-imagination the way it was done with Battlestar Galactica?
NO WAY
57%
 57%  [ 16 ]
Perhaps if it was done correctly
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
Fantastic idea let's throw out continuity
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

Imperial_Destroyer

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 01-17-2006 08:00 PM Post subject:

really? how did they dismiss them? did they ever give dates for the rommie wars? i think they would have happend after that episode, i think the rommie war was closer to TOS than many ppl realize, TOS:BoT had one crew member whose father or grand father was in the rommie war so that would be about 60-80 years prior to the episode

though i could be wrong, i never could translate stardates, especially TOS stardates

Pegasus

Resident Irishman
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 01-17-2006 11:19 PM Post subject:

Phaser wrote:
omething writters and producers completely forgot when they made *shudders* Nemesis

You.... out... now. Nemesis wasn't a reckless abandonment of political and peaceful measures, it's about surviving at all costs. Both sides in the film displayed that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Cmdr. Zarnywoop

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 01-18-2006 12:15 AM Post subject:

nevermind

"It's the weird color-scheme that freaks me. Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls, which are labeled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up in black to let you know you've done it!"
-Zaphod Beeblebrox on the Haggunenon Black Battlecruiser.

These quotes were brought to you courtesy of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's 'Quote-a-matic'.

Share and Enjoy!

Phaser

Star Trek Canon Authority
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 01-18-2006 03:12 AM Post subject:

Pegasus wrote:
Nemesis wasn't a reckless abandonment of political and peaceful measures, it's about surviving at all costs. Both sides in the film displayed that.
I agree.

Nemesis was a terrible movie but for different reasons. I don't feel like getting into them at the moment, though (It's off-topic, anyway).

Cube

Astrophysics "FTW"
General
General

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 01-18-2006 10:22 AM Post subject:

Imperial_Destroyer wrote:
really? how did they dismiss them? did they ever give dates for the rommie wars? i think they would have happend after that episode, i think the rommie war was closer to TOS than many ppl realize, TOS:BoT had one crew member whose father or grand father was in the rommie war so that would be about 60-80 years prior to the episode

though i could be wrong, i never could translate stardates, especially TOS stardates

Romulan Wars - Late 2150s, before that episode and the formation of the Federation.

http://djcube.deviantart.com/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Pegasus

Resident Irishman
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 01-18-2006 03:12 PM Post subject:

Phaser wrote:
Pegasus wrote:
Nemesis wasn't a reckless abandonment of political and peaceful measures, it's about surviving at all costs. Both sides in the film displayed that.
I agree.

Nemesis was a terrible movie but for different reasons. I don't feel like getting into them at the moment, though (It's off-topic, anyway).

No no... you don' get to brush such a statement off.

You know where the "New Topic" button is and you know where the Rants and Raves forum is if you really want to vent about it, but I want to hear you out. Then take you apart Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

CaptAidy1701

Commodore
Commodore

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 01-18-2006 03:36 PM Post subject:

LOL this should be interesting

Phaser

Star Trek Canon Authority
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 01-18-2006 11:31 PM Post subject:

Pegasus wrote:
Phaser wrote:
Pegasus wrote:
I agree.

No no... you don' get to brush such a statement off.

You know where the "New Topic" button is and you know where the Rants and Raves forum is if you really want to vent about it, but I want to hear you out. Then take you apart Wink
...Okay.

But let me make one thing clear: I'm going to do this to explain why I feel that that movie was terrible, not to get in a pissing contest with anyone. Wink

Pegasus

Resident Irishman
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 01-18-2006 11:41 PM Post subject:

do what you like, you know how it's going to go anyway Wink Funny

Cmdr. Zarnywoop

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 01-19-2006 10:54 AM Post subject:

I dont want to start a new topic but Patrick Stewart has just been in an interview on UK breakfast tv, where he said that, (im paraphrasing a little) "there is talk of the next startrek movie in Los Angeles at the moment, he cant say much more, but they are looking to get the TNG crew back together, and maybe even include cast from the other shows too"
His emphasis was that these are very early talks.

Tho not related directly, this is the small article to his interview on the programme's website, which is about the his new 4-part drama series.
website page

"It's the weird color-scheme that freaks me. Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls, which are labeled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up in black to let you know you've done it!"
-Zaphod Beeblebrox on the Haggunenon Black Battlecruiser.

These quotes were brought to you courtesy of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's 'Quote-a-matic'.

Share and Enjoy!

Micheal_Yar

Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 01-19-2006 12:46 PM Post subject:

Cmdr. Zarnywoop wrote:
I dont want to start a new topic but Patrick Stewart has just been in an interview on UK breakfast tv, where he said that, (im paraphrasing a little) "there is talk of the next startrek movie in Los Angeles at the moment, he cant say much more, but they are looking to get the TNG crew back together, and maybe even include cast from the other shows too"
His emphasis was that these are very early talks.

Tho not related directly, this is the small article to his interview on the programme's website, which is about the his new 4-part drama series.
website page
WOEF WOEF ...... sorry guys i begon to drool when i read that . don't mind me at the moment.

You have a dreamy mind, full of fancy and fantasy.
You have the ability to stay forever entertained with your thoughts.
People may say you're hard to read, but that's because you're so internally focused.
But when you do share what you're thinking, people are impressed with your imagination.