BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finishing up the CG Sovereign 2.0 :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ACE_HIGH

Ensign
Ensign

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 05-09-2006 05:46 AM Post subject:

same here, I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for the 2.0

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Viper

Darth Viperus
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 05-10-2006 08:37 PM Post subject:

Since this is locked, but not archived, I want to toss in my two cents, which in reality, is worth more than two cents. i've been here longer than, well, the majority. I've seen the good, and i've seen the bad. Hell, I've participated in the bad. towards the end of BCN, I was right there with the rest of the staff enciting mob mentality and flame wars elft and right. We knew BCn was on a downward sprial. And one of the main reasons for that was that the moderators and staff were too lax in enforcing the rules. Its because we wouldnt jump on 4-5 off topic posts, we would let it escalate to a full on flame war, then come in and just delete and ban everyone. We jump in threads early to avoid that. We have seen what happens. And it aint gonna happen again. staff are staff for a reason. they have been picked by myself and the other admins for a reason. as jimmy said, we lock the threads. Voting is not an option. raven has said this to the staff many times, and it needs to be said in public now... BCU is NOT a democracy. Period. If you dont like the way its run, if you dont like staff stepping in and throwing water on the log before the match is even lit....then leave. This community was here before you, it will be here after you. I know. I've been here with nano and RC and others from the very beginning.

Now, that being said, mods...clean up time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Chronocidal_Guy

Commodore
Commodore

Zodiac: Virgo

Post Posted: 06-01-2006 10:20 AM Post subject:

Oy... I did it again. Said I would release stuff, then dropped off the face of the earth.

Sorry everyone, college and my flight sim work have taken over the majority of my time. Shortly after my last post, my classes kicked into overtime, and I seemed to be spending every waking moment on homework. Note to modders: don't mod during college, especially if you're an engineering major, and expect to ever get anything completed. At least not to the level of detail I tend to use. Razz

I'm not happy that I haven't finished everything yet, but I'm more frustrated that I can't pick one subject to stick to.

I think at this point I'm just going to stick everything in one big zip file, and distribute it.. or maybe multiple files. I've gotten so wrapped up in my F-14 project that all my other projects are pretty much on long term hold. My college funds are slowly but steadily decreasing, and as much as I'd like to sit around making ST ships, that won't pay my rent. In a way, it's really too bad I can't charge for the CG Sov though... Detailed flight simulator add-ons can sell for anywhere from $10-$30. Even if the Sov were only $5, assuming everyone who's downloaded it would buy it, that'd be about $75,000 in the bank. But then, I wouldn't want the financial responsibility for all the vid cards this thing fried in its early days, either. Grin

Anyway, classes are ending in a couple of weeks finally, and the F-14 should be finished relatively soon after that. I've got other projects waiting to be finished, but I think it's time for me to clean out all the old junk.

Again, sorry I keep losing track of things here. I've got memberships in so many web communities I can't keep them all straight. Oh for the days of high school when modding one game was enough for me, and professors didn't own my soul. Razz

I'll be trying to come around here more often, but I can't guarantee how often. Sad

Ever feel like you're diagonally parked in a parallel universe?

Meteorafallen

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 06-01-2006 05:17 PM Post subject:

Hey its cool with me, i can wait i dont kno about anyone else but take your time man were with you it just makes te anticipation even more exciting. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

cpt.Eagleeye

Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 06-01-2006 06:37 PM Post subject:

I agree with Meteorafallen
Masterpiece takes time Smile

''No matter where you go here you are''

Captain Elgy

Lord Glendarin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 06-01-2006 08:48 PM Post subject:

Good 2 hear from you CG, take your time m8, Quality not Quantity that what I always say!? Smile

'Zeal Does Not Rest'

Imperial_Destroyer

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 06-01-2006 11:04 PM Post subject:

though every once in a while pop in and say WHY you have to set them aside? since you posted nothing some thought the worst

moed

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 06-02-2006 12:51 AM Post subject:

I think that the CG Sov 1.0 is already pretty much perfect. It would be nice if when CG has the time, he could model a new ship. Maybe a unique one...

ChiefBrex

Commodore
Commodore

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 06-02-2006 01:52 AM Post subject:

CG - take your time. For the last year, I've been learning how to mod ships, and well... I can see why it takes a lot of time.

I'll wait however long to download this baby!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Treleth

"so double the killer delete select all."
General
General

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 06-02-2006 01:56 AM Post subject:

we've waited this long, another 5 years won't matter Razz

Chronocidal_Guy

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 06-02-2006 05:11 AM Post subject:

lol.. Well, really, it's my own fault. It's not that the model takes this long to make, it's that I have so many things dividing my attention. Give me a solid week of nothing else to do, and I could probably finish it. And yes, I really don't check in often enough. It's just that every time I do, I feel a renewed urge to drop everything else and just do this mod.. but I can't afford to do that at the moment.

Heck, it's been so long I feel like I should do more to it to make it worth the wait. Razz

Maybe after this F-14 gets out, I'll just skip to the 3.0, detail up the mesh some more (I've become addicted to polygons.. my F-14 mesh has somewhere around 70,000 Razz) and add in a full fledged yacht. Maybe. I feel it's the least I should do for making everyone wait this long when it's been nearly done for about 2 years now.

I can't guarantee the above will happen... but I'd like to do all that once I get some money flowing to cover my expenses.

Meteorafallen

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 06-02-2006 06:15 PM Post subject:

"a full fledged yacht" Wow ! now that would be somthing worth seing, you know you're not the only one who gets that urge LOL ive been having it for about a week now ever since the summer started where i live but ive been drawing up blanks, guess i just have to get those creative juices flowing again XD

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Captain Elgy

Lord Glendarin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 06-02-2006 06:27 PM Post subject:

Chronocidal_Guy wrote:
lol.. Well, really, it's my own fault. It's not that the model takes this long to make, it's that I have so many things dividing my attention. Give me a solid week of nothing else to do, and I could probably finish it. And yes, I really don't check in often enough. It's just that every time I do, I feel a renewed urge to drop everything else and just do this mod.. but I can't afford to do that at the moment.

Heck, it's been so long I feel like I should do more to it to make it worth the wait. Razz

Maybe after this F-14 gets out, I'll just skip to the 3.0, detail up the mesh some more (I've become addicted to polygons.. my F-14 mesh has somewhere around 70,000 Razz) and add in a full fledged yacht. Maybe. I feel it's the least I should do for making everyone wait this long when it's been nearly done for about 2 years now.

I can't guarantee the above will happen... but I'd like to do all that once I get some money flowing to cover my expenses.

Intriguing!!, A "fully fledged yacht", sounds like fun!! Smile

'Zeal Does Not Rest'

danielallen14

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 06-06-2006 04:00 AM Post subject: A yacht is good, but what I would like to see is...

A yacht (at least one by such a skilled individual as CG) would be an excellent addition to the Sovereign, but something I would love to see is a second version of the CG Sovereign, one from First Contact (without the aft phasers, nothing fancy like the neck being remodeled or anything, just the phasers). And, from what I understand, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to do. Just a request, nothing that not having would make the mod anything less (if I really wanted to I could at least change the texture so the phaser arrays were grey rather then black, and less noticeable, but if I didn't have to it'd be all the better : )). Again, the phasers are just a nitpick of mine and could, to some degree, be fixed by myself. The CG Sovereign 2.0 still looks absolutely astonishing even without additional features. But, like everyone else has said, don't rush it out if you think you'll have time to work on it in the future. We'll get by with the version 1 for a while longer yet ; ). Hope your F-14 project goes well, as well as the last of your classes for the year.

tillias

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 06-13-2006 04:35 AM Post subject:

Chronocidal_Guy wrote:

Hey CG, really awesome model!
Can I use it in my OpenSource project?:

http://bridgecommander.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22980

PM'd you...

Shadowknight1

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Posted: 06-13-2006 04:42 AM Post subject:

Take your time CG, masterpieces take time!

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Post Posted: 06-13-2006 09:28 PM Post subject:

tillias wrote:
Chronocidal_Guy wrote:

Hey CG, really awesome model!
Can I use it in my OpenSource project?:

http://bridgecommander.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22980

PM'd you...

His model is up for grabs, just have to credit him.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Lorik

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 06-14-2006 08:17 AM Post subject:

i really hope that you find the time to finish this one up. it's by far the best sovereign model out there, and it's the only one true to the changes that were made to the sovereign design in Nemesis.
i also hope, that this fall, when star trek legacy is out (and moddable) you'll port this ship for that game too.

Junior Member FGX - Future Gaming Xperience

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~fgx/

Live long and prosper

Defiant

Free "as in Free Speech" Engineer
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 09-17-2006 08:09 AM Post subject:

Any chance, the Yacht will be available as 3-part-version, as in "complete Model with nacelles down", "complete Model with nacelles up", "body without naccelles and naccelles as separate models"?

--
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-- Mark Twain

Chronocidal_Guy

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 02-20-2007 01:51 AM Post subject:

Well, yep, happened again. Long story short though, it involved a massive 300 gb external backup, two reformats, and several solid weeks of homework. Not a good combination.

I'm checking over the files I have to make sure I've got everything, and doing some final checks on the models, then I'll just upload everything I think. Things are just too crazy with classes. Getting near the end of my fourth year here (oy) and it's time for this thing to be done. Just have to get everything collected off my backups, then I'll be compiling one massive zip file.

JimmyB76

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 02-20-2007 03:38 AM Post subject:

holy shizznit CG!!! glad to see ya back! Smile

you should go thru the BCC forums, while youre at it lol Smile