BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Readme First-Download forum guidelines and important info

View previous topic :: View next topic  

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 03-27-2005 02:19 PM Post subject: Readme First-Download forum guidelines and important info

Rules:

1) This forum is used for downloading and dicussion of released mods only, not to discuss developing mods or mod ideas.

2) If you find work that has been stolen, improperly credited, or released without permission in any way, or you suspect something like this has occoured, privately contact a staff member, the author you believe it to belong to, or try nicely contacting the member who released it as he made have made a simple mistake or got ahold of something with credits that were wrong or nonexsistant to begin with. Note that Raven's forum rules prohibit accusations on the public forum, so please don't go around asking people if they had permission to release something, especialy if the work isn't yours to enforce permission on in the first place.

3) You must be a registered member and logged in to download files from the mod downloads forum.

==========================================

Mod installers:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/BCMI_final;10490
This file installs, creates, and opens BCMOD packaged files. More information on the required windows update to run the program and it's features, as well as mirror download can be found here:
http://www.federationshipyards.com/BC-Mod/BCMI_index.htm -or in Nanobytes sig.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/BCMP_full_version;4171
This program assists in adding ships to your quickbattle menu's, new weapon sounds, bridges, and much more.

===========================================

Files too large? You can PM me to request an FTP login to upload your file to the BCfiles server for posting on BCfiles.com. This FTP is not our main FTP, and while it poses no real security risk, it may not be posted publicy. Once you recive the login, upload your file (must be in a rar or zip or similar archive) and PM again when it is finished (if it is extremely large). Do not create new folders, and do not delete anything, unless it is something YOU put there. (this is why it is not to be made public, someone could delete something for fun)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 09-17-2005 06:40 AM Post subject: A new way to send mods to BCfiles

www.yousendit.com

Using this, you can send large files which I can do a server transfer directly from the hosted url to the filesnetwork ftp, skipping the need for me to download then upload. Also, it doesn't lag my outlook express for an age trying to download or extract from the downloaded email to the desktop.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger