BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wing Commander Mod update.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

bes12000

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 01-30-2007 06:13 AM Post subject: Wing Commander Mod update.

I just finnally extracted all 26 Wing Commander 1 ships.

Obviously they need alot of work..but I have an Idea that will work, they will look awsome when im done.
I will be doing each series,WC1 with spec ops 1and2,WC2 with Spec ops 1and2,WC3,WC4,Prophecy with Spec ops, all ships planets,and movies ETC.

And hopefully I can figure out how to do them in a campaign

This one is a Venture Corvette,I found 40pics of it in the game with 2 wireframe meshes, top view only, to go by so im going to make meshes with Illustrator using the other pics and then plug them into MAX8, the rest should be easy, unile texture time..since its like less than 256 colors..lol, ill have to use some from prophecy..

Libussa

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 01-30-2007 03:45 PM Post subject:

I anxiously await more news, as I love Wing Commander and am extremely happy someone is going all out to get the Wing Commander universe in BC Grin

bes12000

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 01-30-2007 04:44 PM Post subject:

Awsome well..im sorry its going to take a while, thats ALOT of ships..they have NO glows, so I have to model them all myself with glows etc.

I was going to release a BETA2 but after plugging the ones ive done into a seprate computer with a fresh BC install and testing them they didnt turn out right or look right or even fire right, those were the stock models.

I had the damages wrong also..the ONLY fighters that should be able to kill the capships is the ones that are bombers or multi-roll ones and thats it..the rest should only have weapons able to kill other fighters.

As ive said many times im trying to make it cannon, but I WAS trying to make it cannon and still be able to fight BC ships...thats not going to work so im just going to have them totally cannon.

Here are some shots of the very basic wireframes im going to go by to get a basic model of the Venture obviously im going to adjust things by eye, since these look bad,I should be able to get the basic height and length etc by makeing a 3d box in max8 using just these,as bad as they are..:

bes12000

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 01-31-2007 03:17 AM Post subject:

I ran into a little glitch with that Venture, some of the pics were too big for my box..

taking a break for abit on it to try another ship that has all its parts..

Untile I improve my method abit on the Venture anyway..

Sandtrooper

totlh
totlh

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 01-31-2007 06:14 AM Post subject:

Talk about hard modeling! At least WC ships are semi-easy with the mass of pics. One devilish project would be building the Stellar Frontier vessels (one 3d shot and a wireframe only, plus the only view of the ship, a dorsal 360 bmp, and that's yer only resources)

bes12000

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 02-01-2007 02:30 AM Post subject:

Yeah my 3D modeling class showed me the box method..it works good, but it takes like 10+ min to set up correctly.
And you need all the pictures: side,front,back,top,bottom and they must line up correctly..then after that its quite simple..

But I could possibly be able to do it without all the other parts..by changing the top and bottom to flat view and then making a guess on thickness of the hull, the width and length would be fine just with the 2 pics, just im not in the mood for that atm..so decided to go with something easier :

A Nephilim Manta Heavy fighter(Wing Commander Prophecy), example pic, I have the original mesh to go by:

bes12000

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 02-03-2007 02:11 AM Post subject:

Progress on the Manta:

bes12000

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 02-03-2007 11:31 AM Post subject:

More on the manta..a few more parts left!

bes12000

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 02-04-2007 02:47 AM Post subject:

I wont post anymore Manta pics after this one untile im just about to start texturing etc..it needs some tweaking in some spots ill do that later..

bes12000

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 03-13-2007 02:36 AM Post subject:

Updated manta pics..its almost done, going to be texturing it soon..im an idiot and forgot how to weld all the parts together so will need to go back over my modeling courses to get that sorted out..this render was done by selecting all the parts and hitting render.