BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suural class battleship concept mesh rework.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC2 Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 05-29-2005 01:30 PM Post subject: Suural class battleship concept mesh rework.....

Ok, a major rework for the Vulcan battleship. I decided it looked TOO much like the Scimitar, so I needed to modify it more. I looked at some of the Enterprise Vulcan ships and a few fan made designs and came up with a configuration that I think works better....it still has a distant resemblance to the Scimitar without it being to obvious. I think this works better......opinions welcome.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Bridge Commander Universe
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Post Posted: 05-29-2005 01:48 PM Post subject:

Raven: Basically the Vulcan ships don't have the ring since enterprise. The only vulcan design in the TNG is the T'pau.. you should take a look at it.

LC

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 05-29-2005 02:44 PM Post subject:

ummm.... now it looks like a small fighter....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Armondikov

Tan tan ta ra, tzing boom!

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 05-29-2005 02:48 PM Post subject:

It does look like a very small fighter.

USS Houstoun-A

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 05-29-2005 05:58 PM Post subject:

Vulcan ships... I havnt seen too many...

Phaser

Star Trek Canon Authority
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 05-29-2005 09:12 PM Post subject:

That looks nice! But now that I think about it, I guess it does look a bit like a fighter. Once you add windows, however, I think that feeling will go away. Windows help give a sense of scale.

Nebula wrote:
Raven: Basically the Vulcan ships don't have the ring since enterprise. The only vulcan design in the TNG is the T'pau.. you should take a look at it.

LC

I had no idea. I do recall briefly seeing three Vulcan ships on the viewscreen in an episode of TNG...just before they blew up! However, I don't remember any details besides the fact that they didn't have rings.

However, I think the ring-style warp engines are great! They let Vulcan ships stand out. I think you should stick with the ring, Raven Night.

Oh, and Nebula, "the TNG" is redundant. The 'T' in 'TNG' stands for "The," so you really just said "the The Next Generation!" Wink
(This rule also applies to TOS. People often forget that!) Nothing personal; I'm just a stickler for proper grammar! Rolling Eyes

Post Posted: 05-29-2005 10:06 PM Post subject:

Phaser wrote:
That looks nice! But now that I think about it, I guess it does look a bit like a fighter. Once you add windows, however, I think that feeling will go away. Windows help give a sense of scale.

Nebula wrote:

LC

I had no idea. I do recall briefly seeing three Vulcan ships on the viewscreen in an episode of TNG...just before they blew up! However, I don't remember any details besides the fact that they didn't have rings.

However, I think the ring-style warp engines are great! They let Vulcan ships stand out. I think you should stick with the ring, Raven Night.

Oh, and Nebula, "the TNG" is redundant. The 'T' in 'TNG' stands for "The," so you really just said "the The Next Generation!" Wink
(This rule also applies to TOS. People often forget that!) Nothing personal; I'm just a stickler for proper grammar! Rolling Eyes

Now that's wierd you got a Nebula quote because i did posted that.
Also, yes, it's seems your personally picker for a lot of things.
Also, the fact is refered to it as "the tng" means "the Series" not to the generation itself, so, the statement about "TNG" is not that simple.

LC

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-30-2005 06:49 PM Post subject:

I have seen the ship you mentioned, but it is only one ship, the only one we have seen. Though we do not recognize Enterprise, the Vulcan designs in that show were compelling.

Almost all of the designs in Enterprise belong in this period of time, or at least post-TOS, pre-TNG. So, therefore, the Vulcan designs you see are more likely to be modern designs. They DO NOT look like they belong in Enterprise timeline, but then 90 percent of the ships dont belong.

Here is a pic that shows the Scimitar portion of the ship. Of course, the Scimitar is actually a modification of this ship, but that is another story....

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 05-30-2005 08:32 PM Post subject:

I think it should have more of a nose. And as far as ring driven ships, the tpau did indeed have a ring nacelle it just was not a true ring. It was rather squashed, but I must say that is a form of ring nacelle:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/tpau.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 05-30-2005 09:12 PM Post subject:

LC Amaral wrote:
Now that's wierd you got a Nebula quote because i did posted that.
Also, yes, it's seems your personally picker for a lot of things.

Huh. Yea, that's strange. I must have manually inserted that quote, but messed up when typing the name of the poster. Sorry, Nebula!

Yes, I am quite anal retentive with a few things. I strive for proper grammar because if one types poorly, the value of what they have to say is generally degraded. Again, I mean no disrespect.

LC Amaral wrote:
Also, the fact is refered to it as "the tng" means "the Series" not to the generation itself, so, the statement about "TNG" is not that simple.

LC

Hm. I never thought of it that way. Good point!

Sorry that I went off-topic.

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-31-2005 02:08 PM Post subject:

Yes, here is the Tpau. You can clearly see the squashed ring, which is said to contain the warp engines. Although I did not design this ship with the Tpau in mind, they obviously have simularities...I may make a mid ship to show this. If you take away the wings on the ship I made and integrate the ring a bit more it would look alot like the Tpau.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

CaptainWolff

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zodiac: Virgo

Post Posted: 05-31-2005 06:53 PM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:
If you take away the wings on the ship I made and integrate the ring a bit more it would look alot like the Tpau.

I think that would look better then how its now.

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 06-01-2005 12:37 AM Post subject:

Cool! I guess I was wrong: There is a ring around that TNG Vulcan ship (the T'Pau). Sorry about that.

I'm glad I was wrong because, as I said before, I think the ring is a cool design!