BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reguarding 3RD ERA

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sean

Bridge Modder
Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 08-24-2006 07:17 PM Post subject: Reguarding 3RD ERA

Due to events that have taken place this week on this board, 3RD ERA will no longer be posting our updates, WIPs or answering any questions in relation to Bridge Commander: Bridge Modding on Bridge Commander Universe. We will continue to post on Bridge Commander Central, run by us and of course continue to show our progress and release our files on BCFiles.com.

Please do not ask us to reconsider this as the answer will be a straight up no. We will continue to work on bridges for the game we all know and love, however we will complete these bridges in our own image.

A Wise Man wrote:
we don't make it because the community wants it, we make it because we want to make that specific thing

This is how we have always worked to bring you the quality mods we have done in recent months.

Again all 3RD ERA members would like to apologise to the majority of the community, and express that it has been the actions of the minority that has pushed us all towards this decision. They have kindly requested that all topics pertaining to their WIPs be removed from the board.

We hope you understand

On behalf of 3RD ERA
Sean

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Sim Rex

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 08-26-2006 08:42 AM Post subject: Re: Reguarding 3RD ERA

Sean wrote:
Due to events that have taken place this week on this board, 3RD ERA will no longer be posting our updates, WIPs or answering any questions in relation to Bridge Commander: Bridge Modding on Bridge Commander Universe. We will continue to post on Bridge Commander Central, run by us and of course continue to show our progress and release our files on BCFiles.com.

Please do not ask us to reconsider this as the answer will be a straight up no. We will continue to work on bridges for the game we all know and love, however we will complete these bridges in our own image.

A Wise Man wrote:
we don't make it because the community wants it, we make it because we want to make that specific thing

This is how we have always worked to bring you the quality mods we have done in recent months.

Again all 3RD ERA members would like to apologise to the majority of the community, and express that it has been the actions of the minority that has pushed us all towards this decision. They have kindly requested that all topics pertaining to their WIPs be removed from the board.

We hope you understand

On behalf of 3RD ERA
Sean

I put it to you that the 3rd Era bridge team need to grow a set, and learn to dismiss the comments of the ignorant. If you know that what you're making is good, and that it's what you want to make, why are you letting a minority of morons drive you away? Just ignore them!

-- The Fallen Angel - Iron Maiden(Smith/Harris)

For beginner scripters - The BCU Mission Scripting Lessons

bren

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 08-28-2006 01:18 AM Post subject:

Not to sound selfish (merely shocked), but I do not understand.

At the very least, would someone explain exactly what lead to this? I've been away (from these boards) for a few days, and I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering what's happened.

No need to name names, but just clue us ignorant, humble, faithful masses into the thinking behind this decision please?

Homer Simpson: what, babylon 5, eh? hmmm, Minibari, mmmmmmmm minibar, beeeeeeeeeeeer! p.s. thx 2 JBurrows for hosting the image for me, boomspeed wasnt workin for me Smile
www.caulfields.net/brendan

Sean

Bridge Modder
Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 08-28-2006 02:37 AM Post subject:

basically it was a combination of reasons.

1st being technical problems with the forum.

2nd, The very negative criticism reguarding a feature that was removed by the developers in the 1.1 patch.

3rdly that our works are incomplete and unenjoyable... and since we run our own forum, we decided to make all our future posts there. and removed our previous posts from BCU as we wont be posting WIPs here and it would seem unfair to keep all of our production lists and such without providing updates

You can still see our WIPs and get uptodate information at BCC and the finished mods will still be avaliable.

hope that cleared it up a little

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

bren

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 08-28-2006 01:37 PM Post subject:

Thanks for the disambiguation. Sad to see you guys leave the longtime home of BC, but I've been sensing a phase-shift towards BCC since it was set up. The technical problems here are not helping.

Homer Simpson: what, babylon 5, eh? hmmm, Minibari, mmmmmmmm minibar, beeeeeeeeeeeer! p.s. thx 2 JBurrows for hosting the image for me, boomspeed wasnt workin for me Smile
www.caulfields.net/brendan