BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all BC2 modders!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC2 Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 01:11 AM Post subject: Calling all BC2 modders!

We are getting ready to issue the invoices for work rendered sofar, and it was mentioned that we currently have a fluctuating staff with respect to the project. I decided to give you all an opportunity to speak up on your behalf, as far as what you are generally working on (models, textures, etc) and what you intend to work on, and how long you will be able to work on the project. A lack of response from a member will indicated a lack of desire to continue on the project.

This will assist me in knowing who's work needs another project member.

I am also taking suggestions on who should write the missions. We have a good set of modelers, a person to do systems, , ship conversions, effects, bridges, characters, multiplayer, equipment modding, but what we need are missions, QB mechanic, an advisor for the project with respect to Trek canon, a solid beta tester and a solid scripter.

Remember, your dedication not only means compensation........it means your name in lights. I give you my personal promise that we will squeeze every last drop of wow power from this engine.

Well, post away......

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Bridge Commander Universe
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Viper

Darth Viperus
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 02:08 AM Post subject:

Well, LC and I are finishing up the Scorpion Game model, and aside from the LCARS, the CGI model is complete.

As far as more bridges are concerned, I might be willing to do another one, but I cant give any guarantees as to when it could be completed. CGI bridges are much easier to complete, but I know BC2 doesnt need 15 CGI bridges. But if you have good solid plans for the other bridges, I'll take a look.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 02:15 AM Post subject:

Well, my list is quite of big lately.

Regarding the fact that i seen to be the only one "painting" the stuff in the mod so far, I'm working at my sweet romulan/reman fleet.

Like Viper well said, we're finally finishing the Scorpion game bridge.

Also i have been willing to do some CGI ships, and maybe test a crew for the scorpion.

I'm also good working with scripters about missions and such (mission plots, bridge needed animations, basic scripting), but that depends on who is writing then... as some scripters may like to work alone better.

Ah.. I can make ingame systems also.. hehe

LC

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 02:31 AM Post subject:

Great. The mission writer has to be an honest person as well. For obvious reasons.....the NDA is solid, and we are dead serious when we say that a lawsuit for leaks is a guarantee.

Most of the bridges needed can be bashes of current bridges to make it easier. The trick is that I would need someone to import a BC bridge for me and export it to Max 5. I could then play with it and make it a template. That should speed the process.

The Scorpion and Infinity bridges, as well as the Conqueror bridge are the only CGI's needed, other than a possible shuttle........and we are not sure of that one yet. Now, I will need 4 CGI's for the Scorpion if we remain true to the script.....bridge, readyroom (and a bash of it for sickbay), engineering and the hangerdeck. For the Infinity, the bridge and engineering is definitely needed, with the hangar deck a possibility. All that is needed for the Conqueror is the bridge.

All other bridges can be mods of existing designs. The main thing is the removal of most chairs on the big ships.......standing stations is the norm. We will need game bridges for all three ships mentioned so they are playable.

Here are some other changes.

2 bridges for the Cardies, Dominion and the Breen.....one small, one large.

1 bridge for the Ferengi, Bajoran, Tholians, Gorn, Remans, Borg and the Orions.

3 bridges for the Romulans and the Klingons.

5 bridges for the Feds, including the Infinity and the Scorpion.

The Seth and the Andorians are unplayable races.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 02:38 AM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:
Great. The mission writer has to be an honest person as well. For obvious reasons.....the NDA is solid, and we are dead serious when we say that a lawsuit for leaks is a guarantee.

I guess at this point we won't have this kind of troubles. Wink

Quote:
Most of the bridges needed can be bashes of current bridges to make it easier. The trick is that I would need someone to import a BC bridge for me and export it to Max 5. I could then play with it and make it a template. That should speed the process.

That model is already uploaded at the server waiting for you.

Quote:
The Scorpion and Infinity bridges, as well as the Conqueror bridge are the only CGI's needed, other than a possible shuttle........and we are not sure of that one yet. Now, I will need 4 CGI's for the Scorpion if we remain true to the script.....bridge, readyroom (and a bash of it for sickbay), engineering and the hangerdeck. For the Infinity, the bridge and engineering is definitely needed, with the hangar deck a possibility. All that is needed for the Conqueror is the bridge.

I guess Viper is more indicated to this CG work as he has more experience (apart that i work with CG landscape and interiors everyday in my job.. hehehe), i would just like if he can left one so i can play.

Quote:
All other bridges can be mods of existing designs. The main thing is the removal of most chairs on the big ships.......standing stations is the norm. We will need game bridges for all three ships mentioned so they are playable.

Ok, if you want, make a bash at the mesh you have for the scorpion.. then i'll see what i can do to use some stuff from the original one and save time.

Quote:
Here are some other changes.

2 bridges for the Cardies, Dominion and the Breen.....one small, one large.

1 bridge for the Ferengi, Bajoran, Tholians, Gorn, Remans, Borg and the Orions.

3 bridges for the Romulans and the Klingons.

5 bridges for the Feds, including the Infinity and the Scorpion.

The Seth and the Andorians are unplayable races.

Remans and romulans? This is what i like to read. Smile
As for the borg i have some ideas i still need to test at Will T Riker's borg queen's lair.

LC

Viper

Darth Viperus
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 02:52 AM Post subject:

I love doing CGI interiors. So that is right up my alley. In fact, I think I could bash up my Defiant Hangar deck into something really cool for the Scorpion. As far as the oterh scorpion rooms, I can use the bridge as a template for the design. Not a problem there. The problem is the whole Max 5 thing. I use 6 for all my CG work now. BUT, I can send you the file in max 3, which you can open in 5.

LC, if you want, since I remember you were going to do the Infinity Bridge, you are more than welcome to CG that one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 07:18 AM Post subject:

Works for me........what happened to EXE?

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 11:18 AM Post subject:

Good question. I hasn't seem him in weeks

LC

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 07:20 PM Post subject:

And Chris? Nano? Come on guys, you need to post in here. We have more than two people working on this mod.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Gtea

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 07:31 PM Post subject:

Do you want a CGI ship done, I would be willing.

----------------------------------------------
Email: Which ever B**ch used my address, I will find you.

David999

Graphic Artist
BCU Mod Team
BCU Mod Team

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 08-16-2004 09:44 PM Post subject:

Im posting atleast im hitting the submit button. anyway im doing:

Done: Matador Mesh (ask if u want me to do textures, i am willing)

Doing: Firedrake and infinity Ingame (just need the mesh in 3ds format from armond and im set)

Executioner_de

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: 09-05-2004 01:02 PM Post subject:

well my stuff is all on hold, until my already moddled ships getting a texture Neutral

EXE

Before modelling, learn.

"the optimal mesh is one that describes whatever you want using as few polygons as possible."

You want to be a part of the active comunity and want to make youre own moddels? Then you should start making tutorials!

"Help a Newbie, Criticism for modellers movement"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Armondikov

Tan tan ta ra, tzing boom!

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 09-05-2004 01:23 PM Post subject:

Sorry, missed this thread first time round. I'm slowly making my way through all the models I have. I don't want to take on more modelling projects just yet since my access to Lightwave will be very limited for the next few years.

I'm happy to impliment any changes to the Infinity Raven suggests, as frustrating as it is, it is what needs to be done.

I have a few CG meshes and their in-game meshes of varying quality. The Klingon Hoy'soj, teh Matador, the Infinity (WIP). I can knock out the smaller set pieces easy enough. I was thinking of starting work on cannon and non cannon starbases and drydocks for use in the background.

The E-frame, the arms are iffy but the rest of the mesh is as good as I can get it. I've also written the tutorial for how to animate it. I'll post a cut down version of the model and the tutorial pieces here if anyone is interested.

UPD Equinox

TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8
TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 06-06-2005 04:28 AM Post subject:

What is involved in 'making' the missions? Is it designing and writing the missions in more detail, or is it actually programming and scripting the missions like using code or whatever? Because if its just writing I rekon im a pretty good writer.

[EDIT]Whoops! didnt see the month or year.hehe i only looked at the day...silly me

ripplingsnake

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 06-09-2005 10:33 PM Post subject:

hi i would be more than happy to beta test any part of the game ?