BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Intrepid rebuild concept wip......
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC2 Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 06:26 AM Post subject: Super Intrepid rebuild concept wip......

Ok, I have knocked out a few drawings on what I thought a rebuild Intrepid would look like. The Intrepid, in my interpretation, is already a warship, so it just needed some beefing up for SFMC use.

I tried to go for a look inbetween the Prom and the Intrepid, a progression so to speak. The nacelles and the saucer are similar in shape to the Prom (after all, the Prom is obviously based on the Intrepid anyway), and the hull spine has been beefed up with additional armor. The engineering section has been slimmed down because the saucer allowed for space redistribution, and the struts were stretched out a bit.

This ship would be the Constitution class of the modern age, basically the workhorse of the fleet. They are relatively inexpensive to build, tough, sturdy and flexible. Range and total weapon storage is limited, as well as troop capabilities, but overall this is a good multirole craft.

At any rate, here are the pics.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Bridge Commander Universe
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 06:33 AM Post subject:

WHOA Love the way it looks front on

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Micheal_Yar

Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 06:35 AM Post subject:

Whoa hate the way it looks front on especially the sensor it just doesn't say intrepid

You have a dreamy mind, full of fancy and fantasy.
You have the ability to stay forever entertained with your thoughts.
People may say you're hard to read, but that's because you're so internally focused.
But when you do share what you're thinking, people are impressed with your imagination.

Nebula

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 06:37 AM Post subject:

I like it well guess its cause I never really liked the intrepid in the first place and to me it looks more agressive heh

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Micheal_Yar

Commander
Commander

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 06:42 AM Post subject:

wait a sec.
your basing the saucer on a ship that is based on the saucer that you are trying to rebuild
am i making any sense

People may say you're hard to read, but that's because you're so internally focused.
But when you do share what you're thinking, people are impressed with your imagination.

Nebula

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 06:45 AM Post subject:

yes he is Mr. Green

Micheal_Yar

Commander
Commander

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 06:49 AM Post subject:

ah Alright just want to make sure Razz.

well now for the tips. about the impulse engines if i were you i would keep them on the same place as on the original Intrepid because that was one of the things that was so special about them.

or i am making a fool of myself and those red things are the torp launchers Razz

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 09:00 AM Post subject:

Well, they are in the same place actually, they are just a little larger than on the Intrepid........

Note in the pic below. You can see how some cues survive into the super intrepid. Note the two box like items on the spine....the impulse drive.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Meteorafallen

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 09:55 AM Post subject:

Maybe if there was some wy also to incorporate the MVAM on he Nacelles, but in two places maybe where the strut meets he engerring hull and where the nacelles meet the strut to make them level with the sacuer.....just a good idea that popped in my head

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

RCgothic

Assistant Site and Operations Director
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 10:06 AM Post subject:

I'd always though that that was where the torp launcers were on the intrepid. I'm pretty sure I've seen them firing torps, with the impulse engines being the boxes on the nacelle struts.

look Here

It has pics up close of the studio model showing the relevant details. Those boxes are just too small to be impulse engines, wheras the ones on the nacelle struts actually have a red glow during the show.

I'm almost 92%certain.

[edit] Actually, I can go better than that. Here

Even better pic, though not official, clearly labelling them as torpedo launchers. I'm still certain I've seen them firing torpedoes too.[/edit]

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 10:15 AM Post subject:

Ok, you got me there, Ill make the correction...lets say they are photon launchers and the ones in the tail are quantum launchers. That means I need to increase the launcher up front as well....not a problem actually considering the mission spread.

Ok, the corrections have been made and posted. I moved the impulse to the obvious impulse pods on the wings, and lowered the size of the torpedo ports. I added two photon launchers in the lateral nose and reduced the rear quantum launchers into a simple single launcher.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Creative Inc

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 11:01 AM Post subject:

Well, As much as I do like the design, I think that the narrowness of the engineering hull at the deflector is way to thin. Perhaps you could make just the deflector housing wider so the deflector could be just a tad bit larger? Other than that, I love it. Great job, Raven.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 11:50 AM Post subject:

deflector needs work, it sucks. Looks sorta like something that ought to be biting my fish hook... Nacelles are good though. Are you planning on adding some of the oddball weapons from the Super intrepid that was featured int "warship voyager" episode? this don't look likes it's got much more armament than a reg intrepid. Couple cannons under the saucer maybe..extra torp tubes around the saucer (maybe some that fire sideways)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Armondikov

Tan tan ta ra, tzing boom!

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 02:53 PM Post subject:

Looks good. A much meaner version of the Intrepid, like it should have been. But I do agree with Starforce on the deflector.

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 05:47 PM Post subject:

Ok, give me some suggestions on the deflector. I went with a reshaped original, but I am flexible of course.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Micheal_Yar

Commander
Commander

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 08:20 PM Post subject:

i don't know maybe try a smaller version of the old one

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 09:46 PM Post subject:

Ok, I did a small rebuild of the deflector, increased the height and width of the engineering hull slightly, added 4 photon launchers in a nose cavity, two forward disruptor batteries, one rear battery, and armor plates.

I would like opinions on the plates...I am thinking of adding them to the saucer body as well. Also, if anyone has suggestions for the deflector, feel free...but I will not change it back to the intrepid deflector. Trying to avoid the whole pregnant guppy look here.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Nebula

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 10:03 PM Post subject:

I like the way its turning out, the armor looks good and the added weapons are nice, but now the deflector just looks silly to me... Sad

Imperial_Destroyer

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 10:38 PM Post subject:

it looks like a D, make it a circle, or something

CaptainWolff

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zodiac: Virgo

Post Posted: 06-23-2005 11:22 PM Post subject:

I like the idea about ading armor on the sauser. put some on the underside too, it don have much detaile there atm. The ship looks really good as it is (and so does the deflector). I do think the impulsengines are a bit too small tho.

Sean

Bridge Modder
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: 06-24-2005 12:05 AM Post subject:

well i like it but the engineering hull looks a little....off to me. maybe try widening it but decreasing the hieght? just a thought...other than that excellent work

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Adm_Ross

Ensign
Ensign

Zodiac: Sagittarius
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom, Earth, Sol System Sector 001

Post Posted: 06-24-2005 01:19 AM Post subject:

Why not give it Sov (goldish white) style deflector (That one kinda looked more military to me and would suit the shape of the engineering hull bow.

Also, I think it should be recessed a bit into the hull to give it a bit more protection (A la Excelsior)

Just an idea Idea

We Survive! Long Live the Terran Empire

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Creative Inc

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 06-24-2005 01:27 AM Post subject:

Hmmm. Excellent idea adding the weapns and armor to the hull. I still believe the deflector housing is to narrow. I'm not saying you have to make the deflector any bigger, but perhaps just make what it's sitting on wider.

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 06-24-2005 02:18 AM Post subject:

Sweet design of the Intrepid. I'd agree on the following assessment:

- Add more protection to the deflector, by putting it inside the hull similar to the Excelsior

- Add more armor to the underside of the saucer, and possibly "stardrive"

- Widen the stardrive so that the deflector isnt as narrow. Increasing the height made it look worse to be honest.

I'm assuming you still have to add the default Intrepid's phasers on the ventral and belly sections?

Phaser

Star Trek Canon Authority
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 06-24-2005 04:34 AM Post subject:

This is a very good design! However, I agree with the general consensus about the secondary hull. Its side view looks great, so don't change that! However, you need to make the secondary hull wider. A lot wider.

You're afraid of that "pregnant guppy" look, right? That's easy to avoid: The Intrepid's secondary hull arched back into the saucer where they met. That's why it looked like a pregnant guppy to you. To avoid that, simply make the secondary hull flush with the saucer. Try making the secondary hull blend into the saucer if you think that a 90 degree intersection would look a little off (I think it might).

Also, ease up a bit on the ablative armor on the ventral side of the secondary hull, and make the armor on the dorsal side protrude a little less. It looks a little too bulky right now.

Finally, start over with the ventral saucer. Right now it looks like a squeezed version of the Intrepid's ventral saucer. That looks not only wrong, but pretty cheap. You could use the Intrepid's basic design, but make alterations so it's unique to this ship.

That's it! Other than the things mentioned above, this ship looks great.

Trim

Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 06-24-2005 08:01 AM Post subject:

Hmmm, this is a nice looking design. Not sure about the deflector though, it looks a bit stretched but it will probably look better once its textured.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!!!"

Armondikov

Tan tan ta ra, tzing boom!

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 06-24-2005 10:29 AM Post subject:

Deflector wise, definitely make it more round, I don't like the thin look.

Micheal_Yar

Commander
Commander

Post Posted: 06-24-2005 12:08 PM Post subject:

seanabooth wrote:
well i like it but the engineering hull looks a little....off to me. maybe try widening it but decreasing the hieght? just a thought...other than that excellent work

agree

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Post Posted: 06-24-2005 01:37 PM Post subject:

I think you should d the same with the deflector, go wider rather than high. The side view does look nice an solid, warship like.

David999

Graphic Artist
BCU Mod Team
BCU Mod Team

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 06-24-2005 01:51 PM Post subject:

hmmm, im not a fan, it looks a little long to me..