BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The official BC2 ship ideas thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC2 Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 12-26-2003 08:58 PM Post subject:

Just really think how many starships you would have to send to count up for this one big ship... lots!

Sure, you can send 5 Galaxy classes (which is about the same capacity as this ship altogether). but they will be more useful either exploring unknown space, or being used in battle.

This ship is DEVOTED to rescuing!! All the rest are multi-purpose starships - this one isn't!

oh, and believe me, it can go pretty fast with no trouble at all!

BookBomB

BC2 Spam God
General
General

Post Posted: 12-26-2003 10:18 PM Post subject:

I like the design and it looks good, but I have to agree with Seifer, too expensive, too risky.

Seifer, what is your opinion on the shields displayed in Voy that leak weapon damage when at full? I am starting to think I am the only one that has a problem with that.

Seifer

BCU Mod Team
BCU Mod Team

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 12-27-2003 10:17 AM Post subject:

With that, I always thought it depended on the strength of the weapon.

Like, the shields will absorb X amount of damage per second, but you fire a pulse that does X+5 damage. 5 damage will hit the systems under the shielding, while the X will be absorbed, and decrease the overall power of the shielding system (by whatever percentage feels necessary to the writers Wink ). I never really had a problem with it, so long as the weapons were really powerful.... but which episode(s) are you referring to?

I just thought it made Trek more interesting that way, but it does completely fly in the face of TNG. Also, I was never sure if shields got less able to protect the ship as their percentage went down (as seen on many episodes of Star Trek, a ship at 20% shielding rocks more than one at 100%, though I could be wrong).

[SFC]Worf

Ensign
Ensign

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 12-27-2003 03:31 PM Post subject: insight

heres the BC1.1 addon this could give you some isnight on what sort of ships people use etc http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=21906

jwattsjr

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 12-27-2003 03:48 PM Post subject: Re: insight

[IKAF]SGen_Worf[HC] wrote:
heres the BC1.1 addon this could give you some isnight on what sort of ships people use etc http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=21906

Most of those ships are canon desgins, and BC2 can't include canon ships. Also, since this is about ship ideas, I've merged it with the ideas thread.

BookBomB

BC2 Spam God
General
General

Post Posted: 01-02-2004 06:39 PM Post subject:

Seifer, what you said makes sense, but for instance in Workforce (I think thats the title) 1 and 2 when Voyager is under attack, their shields don't do much except become visible when fired through.

And in End Game ! and 2 when Admiral Janeways shuttle is under attack, the Klings fire straight through her shields.

Seifer

BCU Mod Team
BCU Mod Team

Post Posted: 01-02-2004 10:14 PM Post subject:

Well, to be honest, I never saw "Workforce." Pretty much the only episode I bothered to catch of 7th season was the last one. Which sucked every bit as much as I thought it would.

But who knows, maybe the ships in "Workforce" were uber-powerful, so the shields absorbed a majority of the impact before overloading and allowing the rest of the damage to bleed through to the subsystems it protects.

I mean, it's pretty plausible in the case of the Klingons - it was a Federation shuttlecraft being fired on by a Klingon WARSHIP - I'm surprised, in all honesty, the disruptors didn't destroy the shuttle outright. Though I suppose it could've had very advanced shields so as to stave off those kinds of impacts. I'm not sure how the armor generator works, though. I mean, in "Endgame" Voyager doesn't shake at all when fired on by those Borg cubes, even though the armor is losing large chunks of percentage. It must either be a very different defense than the shielding, or the writers didn't give a crap. I mean, when the Defiant's installed ablative armor was being destroyed, the crew on the bridge was being tossed around like ragdolls, but the ship's systems were still mostly intact. Voyager's armor, when hit, didn't even transfer any impact over to the inertial dampeners.

BookBomB

BC2 Spam God
General
General

Post Posted: 01-04-2004 02:30 AM Post subject:

Heh, go figure, ah yes, the disadvantage of not being able to ask a person who invented it.

I do like that the ships in BC shake, except when you activate "God-mode".

Warfleak
Warnings : 1

Centurion
Centurion

Post Posted: 01-04-2004 04:42 AM Post subject: Carrier in Design. WIP

Theres no Pic, Yet. I'm not your typical photoshop guy, so I will draw it down, and scan it up. I need to install my scanner and the software. Cross your finger that I won't screw up the installation. Ok, moving on.

Ok First off all I was wondering, since you people have done an great job with the launching shuttles. What do you think about an fighter carrier? Just the idea, how large should it be? 400 Meters long, 100 meters wide, 70 meters long?

How armed should it be? I think its should be lightly armed, just a few phasers and medium sheilding. Oh yes, how much fighters should it carry?

Ok, talk about it if you want. I'm gonna install the scanner.

_edit_

Done, here it is. It's bigger then 800x800 so I'm gonna zip it up. Plz note the art work sucks so just get the point. I'm not the best artist here, so don't complain. What do you guys think? feel free to edit the pic to what ever you think is better. Also if anyone want to make a 3D model of it, go ahead. Or a Photoshop one, also go ahead. Well thats it, keep your opinions coming.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Glempius

Trust me. I'm a homocidal maniac
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 01-05-2004 01:41 PM Post subject:

BookBomb wrote:
Glemp, "bookie"??????!?! Yeah, we always knew the Ferengi were odd with their nicknames but this . . . :-)

Just look it's just quicker to type.

Seifer

BCU Mod Team
BCU Mod Team

Post Posted: 01-06-2004 08:45 AM Post subject:

Warfleak, that's definately an unorthodox ship design. The nacelle is one large chunk in the back? Also, the overall shape doesn't seem very Federation, due mostly to its layering and tiering structure. Kinda reminds me of Colony Wars, actually... the League's frigates. Heh.

Glempius

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 01-06-2004 11:44 AM Post subject:

Why is it that I never get any feed back on my stuff it's annoying me.

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 01-06-2004 08:58 PM Post subject:

I'll give you this its something you find in Home world not bad tho.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Warfleak

Centurion
Centurion

Post Posted: 01-06-2004 11:40 PM Post subject:

Yes, I made it that way, I wantted it that way. If not, Federation basic design can be boring as hell. Its a carrier. It's large Fighter bay is in the bottom.

As for the nacelle, I think you got it wrong. It's like a ring around the hull. *Cough* Repeat it's a Ring around the hall.

As I said, it would look much better modeled, mostly because my artwork sucks ****. Any more comments?

Seifer: No swearing, demmit!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Seifer

BCU Mod Team
BCU Mod Team

Post Posted: 01-07-2004 01:21 AM Post subject:

Glempius: I just went back to read the last page: I actually like the Ragnarok from what I saw, but... no top shot? I didn't care much for the third thing, I think it was the shape of the saucer... but the second ship was cool, it's just the neck was too thin. Looked like it could snap in half. If the neck was shorter and stockier, it would have a much more solid appearance. And you got some feedback before, too. Grin

Warfleak: It would probably look more Fed-like if it was rounded. There aren't very many square Federation vessels. And even less wih round warp rings. Which then becomes their design contention - which makes people look at the Freedom, the Cheyenne, or the Galaxy and say it's a Federation vessel. Just passin' on my opinion - take it or leave it. Smile

Warfleak

Centurion
Centurion

Post Posted: 01-07-2004 02:54 AM Post subject:

Sure. why can't it be a romulan ship? Razz

Glempius

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 01-07-2004 11:24 AM Post subject:

Thank you for the feed back.

Annoyingly I deleted the top view of the Ragnarok which I'd done it paint.

I'll try and do something about the neck, but personally I preffer the Highlander to the Steele.

BookBomB

BC2 Spam God
General
General

Post Posted: 01-08-2004 02:40 AM Post subject:

No offense intended, but I don't really like the warp nacelle of the ship that Warleak posted. It looks a little bit too much like the Hiigaran Carrier in HWII. Not a good thing in Trek.

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 01-10-2004 12:53 AM Post subject:

Gareth wrote:
Prepare to meet...

The USS SALVATOR!

I like it Gareth. I might try to whip up a concept for it.

EDIT: noticed it is already modeled. Nice.

Ok, I am looking for refit ideas on the Akira, Saber, Prom, Norway and Steamrunner.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Bridge Commander Universe
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

BookBomB

BC2 Spam God
General
General

Post Posted: 01-10-2004 02:37 AM Post subject:

Wasn't there a prom refit already in the works?

Admiral Fareway

Post Posted: 01-10-2004 02:39 AM Post subject:

no only the galaxy and maybe the sovereign (not sure about sov)

BookBomB

BC2 Spam God
General
General

Post Posted: 01-10-2004 02:44 AM Post subject:

Ah, I thought I saw some thing somewhere, maybe not.

The rest are new ships? Cool.

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 01-10-2004 02:45 PM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:
Gareth wrote:
Prepare to meet...

The USS SALVATOR!

I like it Gareth. I might try to whip up a concept for it.

EDIT: noticed it is already modeled. Nice.

Ok, I am looking for refit ideas on the Akira, Saber, Prom, Norway and Steamrunner.

yes, I know it's already modelled, but I'm not sure what the process is for it to be converted to a Bridge Commander model.

I first need to get the model file of it, and give it to a 'converter'/modeller/scripter/??? - whoever does these things.

Draven Aladar

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 01-10-2004 08:01 PM Post subject: re:re:re:re....

If your looking for a fighter carrier, u already have one. The Akira class starship is designed as a shuttle carrier, and the weapons pod on the bar in the back of the ship probably doubles as a control tower. Also, i suggest that we allow people to choose the names of the ships in multiplayer mode. it wouldnt be that hard to do, since it already submits the name of the player, adding another line of text or something shouldnt be that hard to add.

Anyway, as for ship ideas, i have an idea for a new shuttle/fighter. ill scan it and print it up later, but its not colored right now, though. right now i have top and front views, though the front view isnt to scale.

for more ideas, we can put in ablative armor generators and transphasic torpedos on some ships. if its post nemesis stuff, then the ablative armor stuff is almost definite, starfleet probably wouldnt have as much of a problem with useing future tech defensive systems on their ships to protect them.

owner of the private shiuttle:
USS Draconic
SRN-82031

Admiral Fareway

Post Posted: 01-10-2004 09:31 PM Post subject:

They arent specificly looking for a fighter carrier they are looking for good ships

and i think starfleet would have a problem with future defence systems, thats why they have the temporal prime directive

Draven Aladar

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 01-11-2004 07:42 AM Post subject:

one, i said as much of a problem.

"Ok First off all I was wondering, since you people have done an great job with the launching shuttles. What do you think about an fighter carrier? Just the idea, how large should it be? 400 Meters long, 100 meters wide, 70 meters long?

How armed should it be? I think its should be lightly armed, just a few phasers and medium sheilding. Oh yes, how much fighters should it carry? "

-posted by warfleak.

thats about the fighter carrier thing. anyway, i said as much of a problem because thats a matter of keeping ships alive. weapons and ship construction stuff, yes, thats less likely. but the federation always wants to keep their people alive and well. thats why their useing ablative armor generators is more likely than useing the transphasic torpedos or anything of the sort. of course, to be fair, ud have to add drawbacks to the armor, of course. and u cant make it indestructible...

owner of the private shiuttle:
USS Draconic
SRN-82031

Warfleak

Centurion
Centurion

Post Posted: 01-11-2004 04:59 PM Post subject:

Ok screw my idea with the carrier. Ok?

I say a missile frigate!!! A idea that came up along with my seeker missile project. It would be so cool to have a ship fitted with missile platforms, just missile, no phasers or anything. So what do you think?

Just a long range strike frigate armed with missile and spit. Razz

BookBomB

BC2 Spam God
General
General

Post Posted: 01-11-2004 11:11 PM Post subject:

Hmmm, you might run into problems considering that is a theme in HW2, but what do I know?

Warfleak

Centurion
Centurion

Post Posted: 01-11-2004 11:32 PM Post subject:

"rolls eye" I hate you all! Razz

BookBomB

BC2 Spam God
General
General

Post Posted: 01-11-2004 11:33 PM Post subject:

Hey! I'm not saying it's a bad ships, it just might not work so well in Trek. Don't stop making it because of that!