BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My first bridge made by scratch.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Bridge Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Adonis

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 11-05-2004 01:40 AM Post subject:

tooie32 wrote:
Ok back on topic.

Adonis should have an update soon then later on I will got to the fun part texturing it.

But don't expect it to be right tomorrow...this model still is a lot of work to do... Rolling Eyes

Rusty0918

Captain
Captain

Zodiac: Virgo

Post Posted: 11-05-2004 05:16 AM Post subject:

Of course! You usually don't get things right in one shot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

tooie32

Commodore
Commodore

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 11-05-2004 04:41 PM Post subject:

ya I reallt don't except for an update tomarrow so I mean't soon so it's not like tomarrow its soon.

Rusty0918

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 11-05-2004 08:42 PM Post subject:

There is one bridge I've been waiting for, though I'll just have to wait longer. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

bren

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 11-08-2004 07:14 PM Post subject:

one thing about the chairs - I don't know what Ritual were smoking, but their chairs don't look anything like the chairs in the films, take a look at the DVDs for reference. And I mean, come on, a game developement team must be smoking something to get an obscure detail like that wrong. potheads.

Homer Simpson: what, babylon 5, eh? hmmm, Minibari, mmmmmmmm minibar, beeeeeeeeeeeer! p.s. thx 2 JBurrows for hosting the image for me, boomspeed wasnt workin for me Smile
www.caulfields.net/brendan

Rusty0918

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 11-09-2004 02:16 AM Post subject:

Could be a different Sovy-class, with different furniture! Mr. Green

Rat Boy

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 11-09-2004 03:09 AM Post subject:

bren wrote:
one thing about the chairs - I don't know what Ritual were smoking, but their chairs don't look anything like the chairs in the films, take a look at the DVDs for reference. And I mean, come on, a game developement team must be smoking something to get an obscure detail like that wrong. potheads.

I think you can blame the immortal Levelord for that one, since he designed the MP level that the bridge set was based off of. I agree, not only were the chairs horrendous, but they were also inaccurate. Better put that one on the list of improvements for this one. And if it can be done in less pollies, so much more the better. Mr. Green

Download the first three stories here
"Eye for Eye" now showing

tooie32

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 11-09-2004 06:36 AM Post subject:

Well the three chairs were from the ritual EF2 the rest were my work although the rest of the chairs look boxy but I had to keep the poly count low.

I am not sure if Adonis will edit those but I bet he will add those to the list there is still alot to fix on the bridge I made that got the poly count high.

So I am not an expert at making lowpoly bridges although there are still some tools that I don't know yet that helps keep the count low.

Lets see what Andois have to say once he replies.

edit:

Oh if it is not to much trouble is you guys can help me to find some phtos of the MSD for the Sovereign Bridge?

Rat Boy

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 11-09-2004 04:34 PM Post subject:

This one is directly from the movie. As is this and this. This is the schematic up close, although the color-scheme is the purplish-tint it was in the other movies, not Nemesis.

Rusty0918

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 11-10-2004 12:22 AM Post subject:

Not everything in the initial game is totally accurate. We've learned this many times. Usually, commercial companies can't be hellbent on every single precise detail piece like us obsessive people do.

Adonis

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Posted: 11-10-2004 01:51 PM Post subject:

tooie32 wrote:
Well the three chairs were from the ritual EF2 the rest were my work although the rest of the chairs look boxy but I had to keep the poly count low.

I am not sure if Adonis will edit those but I bet he will add those to the list there is still alot to fix on the bridge I made that got the poly count high.

So I am not an expert at making lowpoly bridges although there are still some tools that I don't know yet that helps keep the count low.

Lets see what Andois have to say once he replies.

edit:

Oh if it is not to much trouble is you guys can help me to find some phtos of the MSD for the Sovereign Bridge?

Well, the thing is Tooie, that I don't have a clew how you made this bridge, but ya would have a nice headache texturing it, that's for sure.
I am finding multiple vertices on a single spot (usually 2 to 9), deleted polies that cannot be seen, boolianed some of the objects (you just put several objects into a single one, it raises the polycount too), detaching polies bearing texturing in mind, I still haven't added the stuff ya said over msn tho...

I'll change the seats once I get to checking them out don't worry.

I just want to make sure that there won't be some extra trouble with the mesh once you continue your work on it....

>>Murphy

Thanks to MLeo.

tooie32

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 11-10-2004 11:36 PM Post subject:

Well I mostly used the spline to and used the shape merge to merge the spline shape to the mesh. I also used Exclude to make the walls. For the rest of the stuff I just make a new mesh make it to the right shape and add it to the bridge.

The ones I used the shape merge was the floor and the view screen. The furniture like the Chairs and the rest of the consoles were from EF2 with some changes that I had to make also the other chairs than the three chairs in the middle of the bridge which I did type before I had to make. The other chair wasn't accuate to the one in nemesis.

bren

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 11-12-2004 10:54 AM Post subject:

I can get you a schematic of every console on the bridge as of First Contact, but they were changed drastically for nem.

Homer Simpson: what, babylon 5, eh? hmmm, Minibari, mmmmmmmm minibar, beeeeeeeeeeeer! p.s. thx 2 JBurrows for hosting the image for me, boomspeed wasnt workin for me Smile
www.caulfields.net/brendan

Rusty0918

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 11-12-2004 07:57 PM Post subject:

You have "Captain's Chair" bren?

Yeah, the okudagrams did change somewhat, the monitors had the same basic stuff, but looked a bit different and more of a blue-ish tone to them.

1701-E

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 11-12-2004 09:04 PM Post subject:

Rusty0918 wrote:
You have "Captain's Chair" bren?

Yeah, the okudagrams did change somewhat, the monitors had the same basic stuff, but looked a bit different and more of a blue-ish tone to them.

The actual LCARS at the MSD, Sci I and I and Eng I and II the actual LCARS displayed were actually drastically changed to what they were displaying. As well as the Nemesis blue LCARS style.

Rusty0918

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 11-12-2004 09:27 PM Post subject:

Um, I happen to know that already.

Rat Boy

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 11-12-2004 10:08 PM Post subject:

1701-E wrote:
The actual LCARS at the MSD, Sci I and I and Eng I and II the actual LCARS displayed were actually drastically changed to what they were displaying.

Primarily because they switched from CRT monitors to flat-panel displays for Nemesis, giving them a lot more active and switchable displays.

1701-E

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 11-12-2004 10:16 PM Post subject:

Rat Boy wrote:
1701-E wrote:
The actual LCARS at the MSD, Sci I and I and Eng I and II the actual LCARS displayed were actually drastically changed to what they were displaying.

Primarily because they switched from CRT monitors to flat-panel displays for Nemesis, giving them a lot more active and switchable displays.

Yeah they went all out on the Sov bridge in Nemesis it looked more real instead of a few buttons blinking on and off and short repeated animations too.

@ Rusty: The basic stuff was re-arranged as well IIRC as if you compare the basic layout of FC and Insurrection compared to Nemesis you will see the difference.

tooie32

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 05:56 AM Post subject:

That won't be needed Bren I have the movie Nemesis so I have the info I needed and so as Adonis.

Ya nice the flat panel monitors are around the Consoles looks much better make the Trek computers look realistic.

Viper

Darth Viperus
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 07:07 AM Post subject:

I see a lot of words, but NO UPDATES! GIVE THE BRIDGE GOD UPDATES! I COMMAND YOU!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Adonis

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 12:56 PM Post subject:

Viper Leader wrote:
I see a lot of words, but NO UPDATES! GIVE THE BRIDGE GOD UPDATES! I COMMAND YOU!

Viper, I'll give an update when I'll start makeing the ceiling, there's nothing to post about right now, because in the other's views it'll be the same...I'm just welding a sh*tload of verts and deleting faces that can't be seen from inside the bridge...

>>Murphy

Thanks to MLeo.

Rusty0918

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 08:33 PM Post subject:

The guy might be pretty busy.

I didn't see much change with the basic layout from FC-Insurrection-Nemesis. You're right about the flat screen panels though, and I do agree that would make things more "authentic" on the bridge.

Though I do seem to remember someone saying that the Ent-E bridge in Insurrection lacking the consoles for the XO and counselor. I should rewatch my DVD of that to make sure.

Cube

Astrophysics "FTW"
General
General

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 08:51 PM Post subject:

I could easily get screencaps from First Contact and Namesis if you want them.

http://djcube.deviantart.com/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

1701-E

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 08:58 PM Post subject:

Insurection did have the XO and Councellor consoles they were just a little more together to the chairs I think in that movie. Probobly gonna have to watch the DVD again to be sure.

Rusty0918

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 09:05 PM Post subject:

Well, each incarnation of the bridge had its differences from the previous one. There could be additional ones.

Also the Conn/Ops controls in Nemesis were different, they had that big flat screen in the middile, which I'm not sure made much sense.

Rat Boy

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 09:47 PM Post subject:

They added flat screens to Conn and Ops to be used in certain shots, like when Data reported the shields weakening or when Troi was text-messaged helm orders from Picard.

1701-E

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 10:12 PM Post subject:

Rusty0918 wrote:
Well, each incarnation of the bridge had its differences from the previous one. There could be additional ones.

Also the Conn/Ops controls in Nemesis were different, they had that big flat screen in the middile, which I'm not sure made much sense.

That is true but the FC and Nemesis bridges are the more similar than FC to Insurrection or Insurrection to Nemesis.

And don't forget the 2nd Cpt's chair in the deleted Nemesis scene.

Darran

Formally Gracer, Bridge Design Artist
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 10:19 PM Post subject:

ah yes, BUT it was deleted, therefore non canon, there fore never existed (i kno the whole thing doesnt exist) that chair is now part of Enterprise

Rusty0918

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 11-13-2004 10:22 PM Post subject:

You know, I wonder if perhaps we should stop arguing about this and wait for the next update.

1701-E

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 11-14-2004 02:25 AM Post subject:

Gracer wrote:
ah yes, BUT it was deleted, therefore non canon, there fore never existed (i kno the whole thing doesnt exist) that chair is now part of Enterprise

I had respect for you untill you said it was part of Enterprise....

That scene is an Extended ending which the editing process did not allow time to show in the normal movie schedule. But I won't argue on that so let's get back on track shall we.