BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Script for ablative field mesh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

aodonnel

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 09-23-2006 03:04 PM Post subject: Script for ablative field mesh

I have an idea for my WIP mod the Patriot. See the BC modding forum for details. Anyway the ship is supposed to have ablative field mesh running across its hull. Basically its a system which generates a tiny subspace field across the surface of the hull which when standard shields are draind so that the weapons fire hits the hull a percentage of the energy is converted via induction into an electro plasma back load which is channelled into the sheid generators recharging the shields more rapidly. This would give the ship a little more toughness as once the shields are down the weapons fire helps boost the shields to give some defence. Of course the weapon would do a smaller amount of damage to the hull too.

My script needs to basically take the hull damage and take say 30% of it and use that value to add to the shield value. No idea how to do this so some help would be much apprieciated!!