BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MPMP, back in developement (and in dire need of aid)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Multiplayer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 07-24-2004 02:32 AM Post subject: MPMP, back in developement (and in dire need of aid)

It's been decided and darkshimmer has given the go ahead for continued work on the MPMP. The latest beta version was version 2.1.0.8, which will make the first test betaversion the 2.1.0.9.

At current we have 2 experienced hardpointers (myself and darkshimmer), and 2 not so experienced hardpointers Grin which will be taught in how to use the MPE (Model Property Editor) and darkshimmers SBI (Ship Balancing Interface).

It will be required that users willing to assist in MPMP developement has access to Microsoft Excel, or compatible software able to read .xls files. With the current amount of hardpointers, we will be able to finish the MPMP, but we would grealy appreciate more people willing to assist in adjusting, adding/deleting hardpoints. Scripts and such will be our concern, while people assisting need only focus on hardpointing (which basically will be editing current hardpoints according to SBI values).

If your willing to assist in the mod developement, head on over to www.digital-underground.us and sign-up. There will be a thread in the public MPMP forum, wherein people can "speak up" of there interest in assisting. If you are accepted into helping out on the mod, you will be given access to a private MPMP forum focused only on the Mod developement. If you have experience from MPE and Excel (or equivalents in other operatingsystems) it's preferrable but even people not so familiar can help out.

Please help us make MPMP great again. A lot of work has already been done to this mod, and it would be a great shame if it would be laid to rest without being released.

darkshimmer is and always has been the project leader of the MPMP, but due to real life issues, I have been instructed to take care of the "day to day" work on MPMP, during his abscence. He will be available for the most part, but if and when he is not available, i'm in charge of developement.

After this long winded post from me, I reiterate the link to the site:
www.digital-underground.us

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Thrai

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 07-24-2004 05:55 AM Post subject:

Great news!

Although I have no experience in modding/editing I would love to help in every way I can. Hopefully some people with knowledge in this field will do the same.

S'Tev Merek aka Thrai
GA Clan