BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enterprise season finale
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of the end of Enterprise?
It was great!
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
It was good.
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Um... It was okay.
24%
 24%  [ 9 ]
It sucked!!
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Meh, the Galaxy class looked nice.
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
WTF is Enterprise?
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 37

Orion 5

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 02:13 AM Post subject: Enterprise season finale

So what did you think of it?

I thought it was ok, not great, but not bad. Smile

and it was nice seeing the galaxy again, all shiny n' stuff Grin

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 02:18 AM Post subject:

lol I didn't see much I am at a lan party but from what I saw it wasn't bad.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Psycho_Nemesis

Resident Psycho...Didnt You Read The Name ?
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 02:25 AM Post subject:

Meh I thought to be honestly poorly done.

I dont see how this program would help overcome Riker's problem about Preston.

As well ya know I understand the idea behind the episode but I just think that it was poorly done, like sorry 6 years and nobody except T'pol and Hoshi looked different, as well come on nobody had been premoted.

I just think the entire episode could have easily been better, I felt as though they were trying to shove down our throats that "enterprise is canon because we now have TNG respecting its history" or crap like that. I mean honestly the events of the episode have nothing in anyway to do with Riker's problem.

Also Riker came to terms with the Admrial Preston issue because of what Picard had said to him, as well as the fact that he had become more "seasoned" from when he was an Ensin fresh outa the academy.

Also Trip's death was pretty bad, I mean seemed kinda forced didnt it, like why the hell would he have blown himself up like that, they could have at least given him an honourable death such as that of Data or Spock, in which he saves the ship and crew and such.

Omniscaper

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 02:33 AM Post subject:

Ugh.... I can see why Jolene Blallock objected to it. Riker and Troi and the TNG connection to the series is COMPLETELY uncalled for. Enterprise fans care more (if at all) about the crew of Enterprise, not Riker's mid-life crisis. I guess the B & B genious felt that Enterprise needed to be shoved down the throat of Trek lore by having TNG cast members prepping them up during their own demise. The only redeeming factor to the last episode is a 30 second montage of all 3 Enterprises with Intro monologue we are all familiar with spoken by all captains of Enterprise. (CG TOS and TNG Enterprises never looked better)

Every Trek series produced a finale fit to its series. It fit their scenario and it stood by themselves independently. I guess, in a sense, that this ending perhaps fit the series considering 3 seasons of rather WEAK Trek. The 4rth season of Enterprise showed quite an improvement and the show may have redeemed itself entirely thanks to a shift in creative talent. But alas, since previous seasons sucked, Braga and Berman felt they needed to remind people why it sucked.

All in all.... The series Enterprise is one big nasty cake. Three seasons make up the moldy cake. The fourth composed the DELICIOUS icing. Topped with a steaming turd ball for a finale cherry.

Interesting statement made by Scott Bakula (Captain Cheese Beagle) "Enterprise Finale Validates Show's Part of Star Trek Legend"

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1845

I always thought the general CONTENT of a series validates its place in the Trek pantheon. Not its finale!!!! Oh well.... its over. Now its time for the long silence till the next Trek TV carnation.

Braga and Berman.... F*** YOU very much.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 02:40 AM Post subject:

All this was was a attempt to add validity to a disgrace in the Star Trek franchise. Unfortunately they suceeded, but lucky for me I can pretend it never happened.

What I mourn for is all of the writers....ALL of them that now have to accept this monstrousity as canon and rewrite what they have written. I will not be one of them.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Bridge Commander Universe
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Nexxus21

Ensign
Ensign

Location: Planet:Earth Vectors: 29-20-22.0000N / 098-28-27.000W

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 03:09 AM Post subject:

The episode could have stood on it's own without the Riker/Troy tie in. The Pegasus was one of my favorite episodes from TNG, but I still haven't figured out why go back to the enterprise NX-01. I think it was a shot at tying in the series. I enjoyed the closing though someone should make a film of that for BC with the enterprises. It be a graat opener for BC

To Boldly Go!

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 03:17 AM Post subject:

that last episode was crap. it was great to see riker and troi again, and yes the enterprise looked great, but my god, what a crappy episode, I'd say the worst of the fourth season. anybody else notice that everyone, riker, archer, tpol, trip were all completely wussified? I mean, trip was practically crying when he and archer were cornered. And riker wasn't much better, sobbing to counsellor troi like a first year cadet. man, this episode was a complete disgrace to star trek.

shame on b&b.

Bigkap

Big Kap
Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Scorpio

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 04:03 AM Post subject:

It was ok. I thought the very end was good(gave me shivers lol). I didn't like how they cut out the actual ceremony at the end though, for that I gave it an ok. And yes it was good to see the Enterprise D again.

Rat Boy

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 05:12 AM Post subject:

It must take great effort to offend fans of two different Trek series: first TNG fans for the utter character assassination unleashed on Commander Riker, and ENT fans for just about destroying all the character development over the past four years by forcing them to watch what ammounted to a dream sequence. I hope whatever severance pay B&B get from Paramount is worth burning the ship to ashes.

Download the first three stories here
"Eye for Eye" now showing

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 05:53 AM Post subject:

wow such harsh critics...

I just watch the shows for the pure enjoyment of em not to critique every detail... AND I do see how this could tie into the pegasus ep, you do realize a great amount of time is not shown, so in theory this could have happened and gave Riker a bit more of a boost to tell Picard, other than what we have seen.

all in all I give this ep a 7/10

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jeffrey Walker

Captain
Captain

Location: Homosassa, Florida, United States of America, Earth, Sol System, Sector 001

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 05:56 AM Post subject:

Excellent Finale Excellent Show all 4 Seasons. I loved it just as much as the other 4. Im gonna mourn the loss of the Adventures of the NX-01 and her crew.

morgan0210

Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 06:33 AM Post subject:

I liked the finale, but it was to soon. With the turn around Enterprise made in her fourth season, the show could have made it up to the expected seven, but the UPN executives had other ideas.

On one hand, I do wish the episode focused more on the Enterprise NX-01 crew then on Rikers feelings towards what happened on the Pegasus. Maybe the story would have been better with less involvment from Riker and Troi, and have it be a two-hour episode, instead of one.

Personally, I would have liked a scene of Archer's speach on the formation of the Federation, not the whole thing, but just enough.

Anyways, not a total disappointment, but it was quite good none the less.

Bigkap

Big Kap
Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Scorpio

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 06:51 AM Post subject:

I should have mentioned this earlier, but I for one was hoping that the Riker+Troi dynamic would allow us fans to, at the very least, get a glimpse of the U.S.S. Titan! Whether it be a new design, or an existing one, I feel that we as gammers were ripped off of a potentially new starship design to toy with! Not that B+B were even considering that factor, of course, but it would have been nice to have tied the series finale in with the current TNG (post Nemesis) timeline even! Don't get me wrong the Enterprise D is still one of my favorite ships, but as the saying goes, that ship has sailed. My 2 cents.

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 07:15 AM Post subject:

morgan0210 wrote:
I liked the finale, but it was to soon. With the turn around Enterprise made in her fourth season, the show could have made it up to the expected seven, but the UPN executives had other ideas.

On one hand, I do wish the episode focused more on the Enterprise NX-01 crew then on Rikers feelings towards what happened on the Pegasus. Maybe the story would have been better with less involvment from Riker and Troi, and have it be a two-hour episode, instead of one.

Personally, I would have liked a scene of Archer's speach on the formation of the Federation, not the whole thing, but just enough.

Anyways, not a total disappointment, but it was quite good none the less.

I have to disagree with this. There was no amount of turnaround that could save the show. The damage had been done.

If they had done what they did in the past year in the FIRST year AND avoided destroying canon AND created a more believable tos-style ship, crew and events (obviously it would need some deviation, we cant return to the 60's) then the show would have gone 7 seasons.

Pay attention kiddies...this is what happens when you piss off fans. They leave you for good.

And note to those that riled against me when I said this show was on it's way out.....I imagine you can see I am not as full of it as you might have thought.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Bridge Commander Universe
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

AoC|Jeedai Joe!

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 08:12 AM Post subject:

oh i knew after the 3rd season this would be the last...i just keep thinking "you idiots...this should have been the first season...save things like the TCW for somewhere far down the road when people are into the show, and you can try things like that"...

people wanted a prequel not a time travel show (though i occasionally like time travel)...

bleh...it saddens me cause there was so much POTENTIAL if the series had been done right...

I am 70% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Cube

Astrophysics "FTW"
General
General

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 11:31 AM Post subject:

Enterprise is my favoutire Star Trek series.

http://djcube.deviantart.com/

blaXXer
Currently banned

Resident Insane Symbiote
Section 31 Director
Section 31 Director

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 11:53 AM Post subject:

two words: wasted potential!!!

recipe for enterprise:
take a good concept, mix it with two far more than incompetent producers (aka the Beebs), add bad storytelling and underused actors to it and you got ENT.

my two cents.

as for the best ST-shows: TNG and DS9
(VOY was utter crap)

Kori Barnes

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 01:08 PM Post subject:

i voted "Meh, the Galaxy class looked nice"

It was realy sad... And how they did trips death was so stupid it was almost funny..... Well thats my two cents (canadian cents!)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Orion 5

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 01:54 PM Post subject:

morgan0210 wrote:

I'd just like to clear up a small detail that may have missed some people. It wasn't the Federation that was being formed in the end it was just an alliance, because in the end Troi says "I wish I could tell them that this alliance will eventually give birth to the federation" (that's not a word for word quote, just what I could remember off the top of my head) That means in the end they were not creating the Federation, just an alliance that will later on lead to the creation of the Federation. This goes with canon Star Trek history that says the federation is created after the Romulan war.

Psycho_Nemesis

Resident Psycho...Didnt You Read The Name ?
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 03:42 PM Post subject:

0Ya thats cause they knew if they had said "Federation" they would have been killed by the fans.

Nebula, I understand what you mean that the timing of the episode such as there were hours that went by at which Riker could have been sitting in the holo deck running the program. What I was refuring too is that the Pegasus episode if you watch it (I saw it not too long ago) you would see where Riker's desions were based off 1) he was older, more expereineced 2) Picard has some what threating him with if he was gonna ge screwed or anything he'd find himself a new first officer 3) when the Astroroid was calapsed in Riker had then finnaly decided to step forward and mention the cloaking device.

I dont see how by going back and watching the events of how trip died, had given him the guts to do a damm thing, Trip didnt go against orders.

Ya know it was juss over all a bad idea, and I can easily say that this has to easily be the worst series Finally as well as worst Trek series!!

Rat Boy

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 04:05 PM Post subject:

Orion 5 wrote:
I'd just like to clear up a small detail that may have missed some people. It wasn't the Federation that was being formed in the end it was just an alliance, because in the end Troi says "I wish I could tell them that this alliance will eventually give birth to the federation" (that's not a word for word quote, just what I could remember off the top of my head) That means in the end they were not creating the Federation, just an alliance that will later on lead to the creation of the Federation. This goes with canon Star Trek history that says the federation is created after the Romulan war.

However, the signing of the charter occurs in 2161, the same year that canon clearly states that the Federation was formed, so unless this alliance magically transforms into the Federation within a year, we have yet another continuity breech within this episode...
...Plus, the fact that the building was decorated with Federation logos kind of implies that the Federation is being formed there. I guess the FX department likes the fans better than the writers do.

Download the first three stories here
"Eye for Eye" now showing

AoC|Jeedai Joe!

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 05:28 PM Post subject:

I'd like to mention Terra Prime is now my favorite episode of Enterprise.....I swear I almost didn't want to watch the finale after that....hell my wife actually cried at the end watching it with me...

then we kinda blunder through a useless hour that makes no sense at all for a finale....

Demons-Terra Prime made a better finale...notice some comments in the episode...and the fact EVERY CHARACTER WAS USED! GASP!.....it seems someone wrote that out to be more of an ENterprise finale than the actual finale was...Hell Mayweather finally proved why Archer picked him as a pilot...and he had lines and didn't do half bad....

i did kinda enjoy the montage at the end with all the ENterprises...I keep thinking how this season had more character development than the past 3...

so much wasted potential....honestly i want a new Trek show more than a movie too....the movies really aren't as good as a solid 24 episode season..if its decently written...

i'm ranting but..bleh...as a fan i'm saddenned by the demise of something i actually enjoyed watching...

EDIT : and I'm talking most of Trek...(I could live without Voyager...Enterprise's 4th season was better than any season of Voyager)

I am 70% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

morgan0210

Commander
Commander

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 07:04 PM Post subject:

Cube wrote:
Enterprise is my favoutire Star Trek series.
Wow thats a good way to discuss the finale Rolling Eyes

Jeffrey Walker

Captain
Captain

Location: Homosassa, Florida, United States of America, Earth, Sol System, Sector 001

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 11:50 PM Post subject:

Well I know I will always be able to watch Enterprise. Im ordering all the DVD sets as they come out I already got the first season. 2nd comes out in July. I already have all of DS9 5 out of 7 seasons of voyager 3 seasons of TNG and 1 season of TOS I still have a ways to go but soon Star Trek in every last minute of its glory will live on in my house.

Defiants_Return

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 05-15-2005 12:34 AM Post subject:

That Finale was a bloody disgrace, it was an insult to fans and made the voyager finale worthy of an emmy ...it was nice to see the new shots of the 1701-D though.

I just hope when Star Trek returns, that idiot Berman has nothing to do with it, uuuuh its the first episode of trek that made me want to puke, im off to watch "In a Mirror Darkly" cos at least that was a classic episode!

Shinzon

CA Mod Team Member
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 05-15-2005 12:50 AM Post subject:

i personally liked the ending of the last episode.. it was a nice send-off, having the enterprise-d come out of the asteroid field and saying "Space, The Final Frontier... " and then Kirk with his enterprise, and then the nx-01 going off into some nebula... i liked the ending

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 05-15-2005 03:09 AM Post subject:

I felt robbed at the end of "These are the Voyages". The entire episode is a build-up about the importance of Archers speech to the counsel. Yet when the time comes, they dont even show us the speech.

Regarding the speach scene, federation logos are seen on several places in the counsel and, it's the same place that "2154 Archer" and Daniels visited in one of the season 3 Xindi episodes, when Daniels said that "2161 Archer" was about to sign the federation charter.

This was the worst series finale ever. I dont even count this as a series finale, it should never have happened. Demons/Terra Prime was a lot better suited as series finale (or season finale to leave open for possible continuation).

Evil or Very Mad Brannon Braga should burn in hell after this. My 2 cents. Twisted Evil

EDIT: Did anyone take notice to the admiral sitting behind Reed, Sato and Travis in the federation counsel?

The Executive Producer of season 4: Admiral Manny Coto himself Grin

Another screw-up in continuity in the same scene: Apparently in 2161, there are ships newer then the NX Class, capable of Warp 7. 100 years later, the Constitution Class is capable of a maximum of Warp 7. Just me seeing something wrong here? Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

JimmyB76

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 05-15-2005 05:08 AM Post subject:

Bigkap wrote:
I should have mentioned this earlier, but I for one was hoping that the Riker+Troi dynamic would allow us fans to, at the very least, get a glimpse of the U.S.S. Titan! Whether it be a new design, or an existing one, I feel that we as gammers were ripped off of a potentially new starship design to toy with! Not that B+B were even considering that factor, of course, but it would have been nice to have tied the series finale in with the current TNG (post Nemesis) timeline even!

that's exactly what i was thinking... it was a good tie-back to that ep in TNG and all, but IMO a wrong choice on the timeline to write them back in; especially because of the obvious weight gain and age both frakes and sirtis have undergone (as with life) the past decade since the "Pegasus" episode originally aired heh...
but i think it would have been sweeter if they wrote riker and troi in post-nemesis, on the Titan... (of course, in doing so might have completely screwed up the episode's plot somehow... but it can't be worse compared to how B & B have already completely screwed up alot of things anyway)...
besides, it would have been really cool if they finally did show the Titan in that ep, since no one has seen it, per se...
like, in generations... the opening scene was all about the enterprise b, which had never been shown (or discussed much) in TNG - i thought that was a great way to "fill in the holes" from a writer's perspective...

vorlon3

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Post Posted: 05-15-2005 09:01 AM Post subject:

Well....I have to admit, the final episode should have been a lot better than it ended. The death of Trip took me by utter surprise. That totally sucked. And Archer's message to the delegation? WTF B&B were thinking to cut that off. That could have been a great way to end the episode then tie the final moments with the intro that could have been in Season 5(the one that was an exclusive to startrek.com, the one showing the NX01 leaving drydock with the voice of Bakula reading the famous enterprise montolog and showing the NX01 flybys) or to do it in a way that the batton would be passed. The idea of having both riker and troi on the final episode was cool but I didn't expect to what I saw. Why the heck did B&B decided to direct this last episode instead of manny coto, who is one of the reasons why season 4 was that damn good. I thought that both riker and troi would be just observers and take part of the NX01 crew's final mission as a vacation while the crew of the U.S.S Titan was making the last finishing touches before the ship left drydock. I did like the 3 flybys from TNG, TOS and ENT. That is the one scene I do charish just as the scene from ST6 when Kirk was passing the batton to TNG. I don't give damn what other people say about ENT as been the worst series. The series was very good to watch and enjoy. It's too bad that these dumb reality shows gotten way too popular. I'd rather watch Battlestar Galactica and the reruns of Babylon 5, ST:DS9, TOS and ENT

vorlon3

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Post Posted: 05-15-2005 09:13 AM Post subject:

Though it would have been very funny if riker would have bumped his head onto one of the railing in archer's office.....Priceless Laughing