BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 09-03-2006 09:54 PM Post subject:

I assume 2 things.

1. You installed either one of the Stargate packs.
2. You added the ships through BCMP to their menu's.

The stargate packs don't need installation through BCMP.
Reinstall the packs will fix this.

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.
BC Technical FAQ [Last updated 26/12/2005]
"Trust me, I'm a con artist" - Moist von Lipwig, "Going Postal, Discworld"

NIKIN

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 09-03-2006 10:08 PM Post subject:

How do you install it without using the bcmp

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 09-03-2006 10:16 PM Post subject:

Check the readme of the mod, that contains the installation instructions.

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.

NIKIN

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 09-03-2006 10:19 PM Post subject:

That's where my trouble started, thefile doesn't say how to install as far as I can tell

Quote:
Stargate Pack (V1.0)

By Dave and DKealt

Introduction
Ok, so after a lot of time and hard work, we've finally finished the stargate pack. This pack contains all of the stargate ships previously released on BC Files, all of which have all been improved in one way or another and de-bugged (well as far as we know), and it also includes a few other things that have not been released before. Most of the ships are now fully finished and work perfectly, but there are just a couple of small glitches with a couple of them which may not be noticed unless you know to look for them. These will be mentioned in the list of all the ships. Also i've included 2 different rail gun sfx files. One is in the correct folder, the other is just in the pack. Whichever you think sounds better, just make sure it's copied to sfx/weapons.

Lists of improvements/changes

Earth Ships
1 X301 – This has been completely re-textured to appear more accurate to what was seen in the SG1 episode Tangent. Also the Hardpoint file has been more accurate by adding two missiles as opposed to the original two staff cannons.
2 F302 – The amount of bullets in the cannons has been increased and registries have been added to the tail fins. The speed has been increased to be better balanced to the Al'kesh and Gliders.
3 X303 – The models have been improved as have the textures and a new model has been made to be more accurate to what was seen in the episode Ethon. The Hardpoint file has been realigned and re-balanced to be more accurate.
4 BC304’s (Yes you read correctly. That’s Plural) – The model has been improved dramatically and the detail is now more accurate, right down to radar dishes on the top. The textures have also been greatly improved and have been made a lot lighter and new icons have been added. Three separate hardpoint files have been created to create each version of the BC304. Daedalus-This has continuously firing rail guns, with multiple turrets firing in the same ark. It also has Dual firing missiles as Daedalus has only been seen firing two missiles at once. This variant has blue shields as opposed to the greenish shields on the other BC304’s as seen in Siege part 3.
Odyssey-This has single firing rail guns and missiles as seen in Camelot as well as the greenish looking shields. However if you use the secondary targeting mod from KM it will often fire on multiple targets simultaneously as seen in Off the Grid.
Korolev- This is essentially the same as the Odyssey but the sub systems have been made weaker as it was rushed into service.
1 Both of the X303’s and all of the BC304’s have MVAM ability to launch F302’s. Also each model has been re-done for MVAM with open hanger doors. In MVAM there are two options ‘Launch F302’s’ where you continue to pilot the mothership, and ‘Fly F302’ where you pilot one of the fighters.

Goa’uld Ships
2 Death Glider – ScottPKeene has kindly allowed us to use his models in this pack as a separate ship and within the MVAM mod. The icon has been improved and the hardpoint file has been re-balanced compared to the F302.
3 Needle Threader – This has been re-scaled and the weapons re-aligned to be more accurate and the hardpoint has been re-balanced compared to the glider.
4 Al’kesh – The back of the model has been re-shaped to be made more accurate and the textures have been vastly improved (look how shiny it is!). A new icon has also been added as well as a cloaking device.
5 Early Ha'tak – The weapons have been re-aligned to more accurate positions.
6 Refit/Anubis/Replicator Ha'tak – Weapons have been re-aligned and the central column of windows on the rear textures has been de-stretched. The Replicator version has also been made more powerful as it was too easy to damage before.
7 Anubis Flagship – This ship has been made more powerful and should be able to take on a larger fleet of Hataks as it was under powered before.
8 Goa’uld Starbase – This is a new Mod. It has been made powerful enough to take on a medium sized fleet of Hataks as it was described as having impenetrable defences. Be warned this may slow down older computers as it takes hull damage.
9 All versions of the Hatak have MVAM capability to launch gliders except for the Replicator Hatak where it is logical to assume that the gliders had been eaten.

Asgard Ships
1 Daniel Jackson/Science Vessel – The model has been improved in several places and the textures on the sides and top have been de-stretched and improved.
2 O’Neill/Warship – Since the original O’Neill was the only one to have the two forward cannons these have been removed and a separate variant made. Both versions have had more detail added to the textures. Also the arcs of the weapons have been increased to give all round better coverage (it is a warship after all).
3 All ships have had cloaking added (And YES THEY ARE MEANT TO HAVE THEM!!)
4 The Beliskner is still in production and does not have textures yet and so will be released separately.

Ori Ships/Stations
1 Supergate – There are two versions of this, one active, one in-active. At the moment they do not do much however once the Ori Warship has been made it will be capable of launching the warship through the shuttle launching framework, although it does have MVAM capability to activate and cool sound effects. Other than this it is just there for cool pictures (at the moment Wink
2 Ori Satellite – This should be powerful enough to split the X303 in half in just a few shots (as seen in the trailer) and also has powerful shields that will take three or four motherships to destroy. We’ve tried to et the weapon as accurate as possible, however under AI control there is sometimes a looping problem and the weapon texture repeats. The weapon itself has a slow recharge rate to keep it accurate although not as accurate as in Ethon as this would be boring.

Ancient/Wraith Ships
1 Puddle Jumper –This has been re-scaled and the shape has been made more accurate.
2 Wraith Dart – This has been made more accurate and also been re-scaled. However the hardpoint is slightly misaligned, as i cant get it to align properly now. If anyone could sort it that would be great.

Please Note – For the Wraith Dart, Death Glider and Ori Satellite invisible non-damaging torpedoes have been added which cause the ships to attack more often as they previously did not attack very often. Although they appear on the tactical display there is no point in using them as a weapon (of course you will know this having completely ignored this readme before trying out all the really cool ships)

Plugin Files
1 All ships have a plugin file included which will put the ships under a Stargate sub-menu. If you wish to set up your own sub-menus simply delete the scripts/custom/ships folder before copying and pasting. However if you want icons for the MVAM F302’s and Gliders their plugin files have been designed to not show up in the sub-menus therefore avoiding a long list while still plugging in the ships with icons. Deleting these will mean no icons or a long list of F302’s or gliders.

Credits

Most models done by Dave with the exception of the Wraith Dart which was done by Mikala and re-scaled by Dave and the Death Glider/X301 by ScottPKeene.
Textures and icons are done by DKealt
SFX done by DKealt and Com-Man

Special thanks to all who helped test the ships and fix them.

Anyone wanting to use these ships for other mods may do so, just give credit.

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 09-04-2006 05:09 PM Post subject:

It does mention about the ship plugins:

Quote:

Plugin Files
1 All ships have a plugin file included which will put the ships under a Stargate sub-menu. If you wish to set up your own sub-menus simply delete the scripts/custom/ships folder before copying and pasting. However if you want icons for the MVAM F302’s and Gliders their plugin files have been designed to not show up in the sub-menus therefore avoiding a long list while still plugging in the ships with icons. Deleting these will mean no icons or a long list of F302’s or gliders.

I admit, an installation instruction would be handy, but in this case, you can simply copy the contents (with paths preserved if your unzipper provides that option) into your BC directory.

NIKIN

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 09-04-2006 08:06 PM Post subject:

That's what I had done, thanks anyway, but I figured it out this morning, turns out I needed the mvam mod, which I thought I already had, it is possible I deleted it when I uninstalled it once though

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 09-04-2006 09:53 PM Post subject:

MVAM wouldn't prevent it from being installed.
It would just miss features. Such as shuttle launching.

junky58

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 01-25-2007 11:33 PM Post subject:

ok, i looked through all these pages and i didnt see anyone with this problem,

i hit ` and Enter in -testmode, after i got to my problem and got this

<eyError: Expansion001

the file before read this

File ".\Scripts\Foundation.py", line 228, in _SwapInModules
self.original = pPreModule._ _dict_ _[pre[-1]]

any help just message me or respond i guess, ive had the game for years, but when it went out last summer, i wasnt able to get back to it till now.