BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bridge Plugin Preview Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Bridge Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Genesis119

Just another newbie looking for Multiplayer MVAM. :P
Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 05:12 AM Post subject: MVAM Bug

I was using the Challenger in BlackRook32's Galaxy Class mod pack and I was using the Bridge Preview. I was at red alert when I initiated MVAM, and once separated, I deactivated red alert, and everything but those two klaxons in the back and the one by the ready room stayed on. This also dramatically slowed down game speed. Just to let you know, I tried this with other ships, and had the same problem.

DarkTau

Khan N. Singh, Jr.
Ensign
Ensign

Zodiac: Virgo

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 06:15 AM Post subject:

JimmyB76 wrote:
i think he means, the subtitles appear once, in sort of a split-second flash?
Yep, that's it exactly.

dtye07

Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 07:28 AM Post subject:

ye i also get stuttering, its after 1 or 2 rounds and results in the game freezing for a small amount of time evry second Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Mark

Co-Founder, 3rd Era
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 08:08 AM Post subject:

ok the subtitles thing is wierd... havent had any problems with that till now. we will have to have a good think about that one.

with the slow down, well I kind of expected it TBH... the final version will be more tweaked however if ur machine isnt too fast your gonna be getting slow down.

we will have to look into some way of setting up the effects to run better on a low end machine (nanofx2 stylie maybe)

lost_jedi

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 09:31 AM Post subject:

I am writing a new graphical effects lib for this which should hopefully help get rid of any memory leaks from that area of the plugin.

I (think) the BC engine does have the problem of it not releasing the memory used to store textures and models for bridges when they are not in used without calling drastic measures.

Does the slow down occour after you go from the DBridge to the Ebridge and have a battle?!? If so you could try editing the scripts to start in the sovereign bridge or galaxy bridge so it has to load less stuff.

Also the final bridge effects should be customiseable to levels better suited for your machine through the use of the UMM Smile

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 10:12 AM Post subject:

lost_jedi wrote:
I am writing a new graphical effects lib for this which should hopefully help get rid of any memory leaks from that area of the plugin.

I (think) the BC engine does have the problem of it not releasing the memory used to store textures and models for bridges when they are not in used without calling drastic measures.

Does the slow down occour after you go from the DBridge to the Ebridge and have a battle?!? If so you could try editing the scripts to start in the sovereign bridge or galaxy bridge so it has to load less stuff.

Also the final bridge effects should be customiseable to levels better suited for your machine through the use of the UMM Smile

could that be why when I first load up QB w/ BP I have to "refresh" the bridge I'm on to get the BP effects to show? [turning to Green Alert, then back to Red again]

does anyone else have this problem at all?

Especially on the Sov bridge when I load up, the glows on the panels which turn red at Red Alert are WAAY too 'glowy'/bright

look at the difference in this pic here:

lost_jedi

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 10:21 AM Post subject:

unlikley, thats a very strange bug tho. MLeo will know more than me. A script which flips the alert levels at bridge load would might fix it.

You don't have that mod somebody released a while back which turns up bridge glows do you?

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 12:02 PM Post subject:

I don't think so.... what would it be called?

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 12:02 PM Post subject:

Ok, let's see...

If you have slow downs, are there any fires on the bridge?
If so, can you try and deactivate Shell Shock mutator(s) and in the bridge plugin config and see if that helps?

I was unable to get the preloading for FireFX to work (which is part of JediFX which is named Shell Shock).

About the alerts, I can point you to the root of the problem, NanoFXv2. With it came a version of QuickBattle.py (that didn't include ATP changes) that made you start in Green Alert. A similar problem exists in FoundationTechnologies (or atleast one of it's techs). I thought I already had that sorted...

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.
BC Technical FAQ [Last updated 26/12/2005]
"Trust me, I'm a con artist" - Moist von Lipwig, "Going Postal, Discworld"

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 12:29 PM Post subject:

MLeo wrote:
Ok, let's see...
If you have slow downs, are there any fires on the bridge?
If so, can you try and deactivate Shell Shock mutator(s) and in the bridge plugin config and see if that helps?

There's no fires on the bridge when I first start QB, if that's what you meant?
Also, I couldn't find this Shell Shock mutator thing you said about - the screenshot below shows all the mutators I could fit on for the screenie

MLeo wrote:

About the alerts, I can point you to the root of the problem, NanoFXv2. With it came a version of QuickBattle.py (that didn't include ATP changes) that made you start in Green Alert. A similar problem exists in FoundationTechnologies (or atleast one of it's techs). I thought I already had that sorted...

the thing is, it still IS at Red Alert when I start a QB game [I meant, not when QB itself is started] - what I meant was, I have to go to cancel Red Alert [go to green], and then back to Red Alert to get the textures/effects to work.

The ship IS at Red Alert when I start a battle, just not the darkening/Red Alert textures

btw, how about someone splits this topic up, and put the problems into the Technical Support forum?

Mark

Co-Founder, 3rd Era
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 12:55 PM Post subject:

ok first

thats nothing to do with alerts, that shows up like that because theyre two completly seperate models lol... hence the lighting looks different when you add the bright glows.

note: how can u play with the glows like that? looks like a bridge after a heavy night on the romulan ale.

secondly the mutator your looking for for the bridge fx is called "Bridge Plugin - JediFX" and is located on the mutator list.

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 02:05 PM Post subject:

Mark wrote:

note: how can u play with the glows like that? looks like a bridge after a heavy night on the romulan ale.

I KNOW!! That was why I was asking in the first place!

Mark wrote:
secondly the mutator your looking for for the bridge fx is called "Bridge Plugin - JediFX" and is located on the mutator list.

*EDIT* oh great! I've only just remembered that I had the glows off when I disabled JediFX - so it seemed like it sorta worked; but when I turned the normal advanced glows on, BC crashed Sad

Mark

Co-Founder, 3rd Era
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 03:15 PM Post subject:

BP doesnt tinker with those glows, i think its probably one of BCS TNGs mods from a while back that i seem to remember...

LJ?

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 03:20 PM Post subject:

actually, I was going to edit my post again, because when I restarted BC and went to QB - it came on this time, but those horrible bright glows are still there.

in other words, nothing's really changed Neutral

do you think this would be best if we moved it to the Tech Support forum?

dtye07

Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 04:29 PM Post subject:

my machine has ample specs i would have thought, p4 3.2ghz, 1GB ram 6600 256mb, but i'm still having problems, i woudn't call it slow down, as between the time it freezes up the graphics are nice and smooth, its like its stuck in a loop constantly reloading something? just a guess...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 04:44 PM Post subject:

dtye07 wrote:
my machine has ample specs i would have thought, p4 3.2ghz, 1GB ram 6600 256mb, but i'm still having problems, i woudn't call it slow down, as between the time it freezes up the graphics are nice and smooth, its like its stuck in a loop constantly reloading something? just a guess...

The fire sounds (as was said earlier) currently have to be reloaded each time.

I was trying to create a "slot" system, but it didn't work, as in removing all fires. So we left it out for the preview. Please note we didn't start this modification untill the day before the preview.

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.

lost_jedi

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 05:04 PM Post subject:

Mark wrote:
BP doesnt tinker with those glows, i think its probably one of BCS TNGs mods from a while back that i seem to remember...

LJ?

Nope. There is something in the shellshock.py script which can do that but it was applied to the whole set, not use one or two of the objects in it. Plus it isn't even called. Infact i never implimented it propeley cos i found a better way of doing it, just never got round to it.

ATP3 has stuff in it which could do that - provided ofcourse you are using a ship with the ATP LifeSupport hardpoint added.

CaptainKeyes

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 07:48 PM Post subject:

I think this was touched on earlier in the thread, but I wanted to be more specific.

Anyway, I have a sound bug. Not the one where you don't get the bridge sounds in space and vice versa - I mean no sound at all, aside from music. Not even the menu sounds work. I will fight a game normally, perfect sound, then when I hit the "End Combat" button and start up another one, I get no sound from anything and the subtitles are on the screen for less than half a second.

Any suggestions?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Mark

Co-Founder, 3rd Era
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 08:13 PM Post subject:

CaptainKeyes wrote:
I think this was touched on earlier in the thread, but I wanted to be more specific.

Anyway, I have a sound bug. Not the one where you don't get the bridge sounds in space and vice versa - I mean no sound at all, aside from music. Not even the menu sounds work. I will fight a game normally, perfect sound, then when I hit the "End Combat" button and start up another one, I get no sound from anything and the subtitles are on the screen for less than half a second.

Any suggestions?

any hints in the console? im thinking this is a clash with something else

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 08:35 PM Post subject:

just a reminder that I'm still needing help - I'll let you do CaptainKeyes 1st, if you want?

my problem seems to have gone round in a circle, heh

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 10:16 PM Post subject:

Ok, let's do this in serial order....

Gareth, can you try and type the following in the console:

Code:
pBridge = App.g_kSetManager.GetSet("bridge")
pBridge.SetGlowIntensity(0.0)

And see if that helps.

If it does, then a mod (not BP) might be doing something with that function. Though that wouldn't explain why only one part of the model lit up, unless the added parts don't have glow maps.

CaptainKeyes wrote:

Any suggestions?

The "no bridge sounds in space and visa versa" is no bug it's a plugin to the Bridge Plugin and can be disabled and changed in the Bridge Plugin config menu.

I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to why the subtitles would go so fast, unless there is a function for it in App.py then it might just be a kind of undefined behaviour on BC's side.

RToveY wrote:
i have downlaod this and i have a play apart thigns mensions i hvant found a problem with it, i have just found a few thgins i think i would like:

to have part the mod make helm a reduniform i know there already baout but one with amutor biult in to this,
to have enginerring standing behind the guest chiar,
and tacticle standing behind XO chairs i know there would be too empty seats but it would lok better and if both had a seperate mutor then u could chance them back seperatly when ever you fancyed, alot to ask i know but i think people would agree it would look great!

Rob.

Could you please rewrite that, and use the SpellCheck button?
It's a little hard to follow. If English isn't your native language, please consider using Altavista Bablefish. If your native language is Dutch (or German, if Blaxxer would care to translate), then please post it in Dutch (or German).

It looks to me like your requesting additional functionality. And something about uniforms.
At the moment we can't, and won't, take any requests. As was stated on a number of occasions.

[EDIT] Fixed the typo in Blaxxer's name, sorry about that, I always can't completly remember it.Razz

RToveY

100% Trekkie
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 10:53 PM Post subject:

OKAYS here i go again, sorry about before was in a rush.

i have download this and i have a play apart things mentioned i haven’t found a problem with it, i have just found a few things i think i would like:

to have part the mod make helm a red uniform i know there already about but one with a mutor built in to this,
to have engineering standing behind the guest chair,
and tactical standing behind XO chairs i know there would be too empty seats but it would look better and if both had a separate mutor then u could chance them back separately when ever you fancied, allot to ask i know but i think people would agree it would look great!

Rob.

Sorry about before i know i type crap i am welsh btw and dyslexic, but i type fast and make errors, ill speak to my friend john about my requests.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 10:55 PM Post subject:

MLeo wrote:
Ok, let's do this in serial order....

Gareth, can you try and type the following in the console:

Code:
pBridge = App.g_kSetManager.GetSet("bridge")
pBridge.SetGlowIntensity(0.0)

And see if that helps.

If it does, then a mod (not BP) might be doing something with that function. Though that wouldn't explain why only one part of the model lit up, unless the added parts don't have glow maps.

ok, I tried them both, and here's the screendumps of the 1st & 2nd codes' results

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 02-06-2006 11:06 PM Post subject:

Gareth, "bridge" with a lower case "b".

CyberOps

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 02-07-2006 12:35 AM Post subject:

Only problems i have are the sound problems and the problem that when you click abort mission and then start a new quickbattle that it doesn't load everything and you dont get all the scripts you have, menu options.

blaXXer
Currently banned

Resident Insane Symbiote
Section 31 Director
Section 31 Director

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 02-07-2006 12:47 AM Post subject:

CyberOps wrote:
Only problems i have are the sound problems and the problem that when you click abort mission and then start a new quickbattle that it doesn't load everything and you dont get all the scripts you have, menu options.

yups, same here...just noticed that...

Mark

Co-Founder, 3rd Era
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-07-2006 12:54 AM Post subject:

mine has always done that so i wudnt know..

DarkTau

Khan N. Singh, Jr.
Ensign
Ensign

Zodiac: Virgo

Post Posted: 02-07-2006 01:40 AM Post subject:

[quote="DarkTau"]
Mark wrote:
DarkTau wrote:

Quote:
the text goes really fast when someone says something

how do you mean? their voices are sped up?

I have the subtitles turned on, and I just see a white blur of text. But yeah, I'll d/l UMM and tell you if that fixes it.

kay, UMM solved it for when I initially start QB, however, if I End Combat, or Add a Ship, I get no Bridge Sound whatsoever, and the Subtitles just flash on the screen for about a frame. The outside the ship sounds work fine though.

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-07-2006 10:52 AM Post subject:

right, I've fixed the "Bridge" to "bridge" now, so here's the latest console dump:

Vanguard

Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Post Posted: 02-07-2006 02:50 PM Post subject:

I cant remember how to do a con dump but here is my problem.

Black screen of death.

It crashes before the first movie.

I have a clean install of BC, Installed 1.1 patch followed by foundation.
It all worked fine.

Installed BP and my game died.

Cool Im cool.