BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Main menu mismatch pyc error..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Multiplayer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Capt. Dunivar

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 11-25-2004 12:06 PM Post subject: Main menu mismatch pyc error..

I know this may have been resolved in the past and i have already looked everywhere for it and cannot find an answer.. here's what i did.. i decided to reinstall BC cuz some of my uniforms got messed up long story lol.. anyways i reinstalled the game and patched it up like usual and everything then went into multiplayer and saw a server that is 1.1 of course and joined and it said i had an main menu mismatch pyc whatever that is and i cannot seem to join a server, so i reinstalled twice and i get the same error, this never happened to me before.. could it be the server have wrong files ? this is just a basic 1.1 standard BC i have installed with update patch and nothing else installed just wanted to play BC online just getting that error, a small appreciate token of help would be needed if anyone can assit my problem.. thanks and Happy Thanksgiving everyone..

Defiant

Free "as in Free Speech" Engineer
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 11-25-2004 07:42 PM Post subject: Re: Main menu mismatch pyc error..

Capt. Dunivar wrote:
I know this may have been resolved in the past and i have already looked everywhere for it and cannot find an answer.. here's what i did.. i decided to reinstall BC cuz some of my uniforms got messed up long story lol.. anyways i reinstalled the game and patched it up like usual and everything then went into multiplayer and saw a server that is 1.1 of course and joined and it said i had an main menu mismatch pyc whatever that is and i cannot seem to join a server, so i reinstalled twice and i get the same error, this never happened to me before.. could it be the server have wrong files ? this is just a basic 1.1 standard BC i have installed with update patch and nothing else installed just wanted to play BC online just getting that error, a small appreciate token of help would be needed if anyone can assit my problem.. thanks and Happy Thanksgiving everyone..

The server you tried just doesn't have a clean 1.1 installation if you get one.
Please note that clean 1.0 cannot play with clean 1.1er

--
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-- Mark Twain

Calgary

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Zodiac: Virgo

Post Posted: 12-09-2004 10:50 PM Post subject:

i am gettin the same sort of thing all the time. i get file version mismatch scripts/ships/hardpoints/--init--pyc

it is driving me nuts. ihvae a clean install with 1.1 patch and no mods

BookBomB

BC2 Spam God
General
General

Post Posted: 12-09-2004 11:50 PM Post subject:

Then, as Defiant said, other people have mods.

Just keep trying for a couple different games, or start your own and say something like "Stock BC" might help.

gdluque

Collective Alliance Modder
Commodore
Commodore

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 12-10-2004 03:16 AM Post subject:

BookBomB wrote:
Then, as Defiant said, other people have mods.

Just keep trying for a couple different games, or start your own and say something like "Stock BC" might help.

yap, that's the best way Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger