BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

official script ideas thread>>>>>>>>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Maj_Wood

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 03-29-2005 05:13 PM Post subject:

how about a program that lets you design your evasive actions and converts them into workable scripts fror BC

Cube

Astrophysics "FTW"
General
General

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 03-29-2005 05:32 PM Post subject:

Maj_Wood wrote:
how about a program that lets you design your evasive actions and converts them into workable scripts fror BC

Extremely unlikely, if it is possible at all.

http://djcube.deviantart.com/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 03-29-2005 05:55 PM Post subject:

We'd first need a evasive manouvers mod.Razz

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.
BC Technical FAQ [Last updated 26/12/2005]
"Trust me, I'm a con artist" - Moist von Lipwig, "Going Postal, Discworld"

jimmy_K

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Post Posted: 04-12-2005 08:42 PM Post subject:

how about redoing the visible damage in bc so you can actually fly straight through a ship etc. and mabye you could only fly through if you were going at a high enough speed?

another idea is somthing to share torps with other ships? as in when one runs out, they ask another for more, and they can beam more over.

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 04-12-2005 10:11 PM Post subject:

jimmy_K wrote:
how about redoing the visible damage in bc so you can actually fly straight through a ship etc. and mabye you could only fly through if you were going at a high enough speed?

another idea is somthing to share torps with other ships? as in when one runs out, they ask another for more, and they can beam more over.

Not possible.

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.

Sim Rex

Post Posted: 04-12-2005 10:40 PM Post subject:

MLeo wrote:
jimmy_K wrote:

Not possible.

I'd say you're half right - the visible damage thing can't be done, but the torp sharing should be possible, shouldn't it?

-- The Fallen Angel - Iron Maiden(Smith/Harris)

For beginner scripters - The BCU Mission Scripting Lessons

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 04-12-2005 10:42 PM Post subject:

Woops, sorry about that, must have missed the other part.Duck:

Shinzon

CA Mod Team Member
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 04-19-2005 12:13 PM Post subject:

Couldn't we have a script, where the shields would have bolts go across them just as they go down, perhaps script it into a breen energy dampening weapon... like when the defiant was destroyed in DS9?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 04-19-2005 04:36 PM Post subject:

Breen Dampner has been done ages ago.Razz

Shinzon

CA Mod Team Member
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 04-19-2005 08:06 PM Post subject:

Ya i know, but with that effect that i mentioned...is it possible, or is it hard-coded and can't be done?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

matmilne

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 04-29-2005 12:50 AM Post subject:

how about complete engineering systems re-design.

Am i the only trekkie who owns the 3 tech manuals (tos,tng and ds9) and realises that brex's workload is just far too little. All he has to do is change power levels for a few things.

What about a computer system, eps manifold controls, containment systems, life support, holodecks, transporter system, turbo lifts, replicators, deflector dish etc.

In bc there is a massive starship and it only requires a mouse to operate at peak efficiency.

In fair haven there was a situation where several systems were shut down to give the deflector beam the power it needed to cut through the neutronic storm and allow voyager to escape. The drama of having to siphon plasma from the manifold and scrape the residual ions off the sonic shower just seemed to be a little more exciting than simply pulling 3 of four sliders one way and pushing the other the other way.

In bc you could shut down engines sensors and weapons to allow more energy for the shields but that's about it.
For me, and maybee i'm the only one, on my bridge i expect all those buttons to operate something. otherwise every crew member's console would be pretty empty.
It's just when i look at my bridge and crew i don't see the complicated command centre of this extreemly expensive ship. i see surfaces with nothing behind them, i don't imagine i'm commanding a starship because a starship is something complicated. all i see are effectively 4 basic systems which a mouse could operate, i kind a feel useless on my bridge.

it's probably just me, but the technology and complexity of the systems is what attracted me to startrek.
The buttons don't have to really do anything but it would be nice to know that there's a back up warpcore in storage, the eps manifold exists, security can be put on intruder alert etc.
I'm in the process of learning scripting so i'll do a lot of this myself but i was wondering if anyone else felt the same?
Would it be possible to make a few benine scripts that would just add that extra dimension of everyday starship life.

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 04-29-2005 01:18 AM Post subject:

matmilne wrote:

Would it be possible to make a few benine scripts that would just add that extra dimension of everyday starship life.

yes it is, and many are already released at BCfiles...

though some of your ideas are also nice and need to be done.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

matmilne

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 04-29-2005 08:00 PM Post subject:

yes exactly
one such mod would be to make sparks and gas fly when the systems are overloaded.
Or a mod that slows down response time if the computer doesn't get enough power. there's so much that can be done, i just think the game really lacks a good solid tech front. Plenty emphasis on weapons but after the dominion war i would imagine that the role of starships would have changed back to colony/science roles and so i think for a more realistic ship and universe the engineering systems especially need a majo overhaul and re-fit.

captain_obvious

the ultimate n00b.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: 05-18-2005 09:42 PM Post subject:

how about a script that when a ship gets hit hard enough, it actually gets knocked off course or somthing? like the defiant in first contact when a borg beam hits it it gets knocked about.

i hope you see what i mean.

Your mind is an incubator for good ideas, it just takes a while for them to develop.
But when you think of something, watch out!
Your thoughts tend to be huge, and they come on quickly - like an explosion.
You tend to be quiet around others, unless you're inspired by your next big idea.

What Pattern Is Your Brain?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatpatternisyourbrainquiz/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Nebula

Post Posted: 05-18-2005 10:22 PM Post subject:

that is already done in NANO FX 2.0

captain_obvious

the ultimate n00b.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: 05-19-2005 04:11 PM Post subject:

Nebula wrote:
that is already done in NANO FX 2.0

is it? ive had it for ages and i've never noticed it.

how about launchable decoys that the ai's will think are ships that have just warped in? i look at most hps and see the words "decoy launcher" and i wonder what it's there for.

another idea i've had is when a ship gets destroyed, with nanofx2 there's a shockwave that's damaging. How about getting the ship rocked about by that?

Your mind is an incubator for good ideas, it just takes a while for them to develop.
You tend to be quiet around others, unless you're inspired by your next big idea.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

serverandenforcer

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 05-25-2005 07:15 AM Post subject:

How about a whole new game so we can have these cool features Razz . Just kidding. I know that would be a major work load. I was thinking of something lately though that might be cool. An attack pattern program. You can setup an attack pattern that determins what to target and when to target. For example.... I select an attack pattern that will take out the dorsal weaponry of a ship. I have it setup where the targets are cycled after every shot being fired. Or for anther example... I have a setup where I'm attacking a ship's forward sub-systems on a forward attack tactic and on a close distance maneuver. Once in the close distance, the program will cycle to Far distance maneuver with an aft attack tactic. Another cool maneuver is to allways have your strongest shields (or the shield quadrant that has the highest charge percentage) facing the ship that's attacking you the most (more than likely the ship that you will be attacking). Also, how about where you can have a targeting program that can target more than just one ship (or torpedo), or where you can assign target priorities to different phaser banks (this would mean that ships would have to be chategorized in different levels, i.e. gunship, corvette, frigate, destroyer, battleship, dreadnought, etc..., or mission priority target, mission secndoary target, etc... (these labels can be placed on the ships that you setup while getting everything organized in Quick Battle - that way, there is an actuall mission and a goal to accomplish). This all could be included in the attack pattern too. This just gave me another idea - mission goals in a Quick Battle scenario. Perhaps the mission goal isn't to destroy everything, but maybe to capture a ship / station, retrieve information or people from a ship / station, or maintain dominance in a star system (which means the loser has the option of fleeing back to their territory before it's too late or go out in a blaze of glory (dependeing on how critical their position in the system is)).

I know I've just put up a lot of ideas, but... there's one more thing that's been buggin me. Howcome there isn't a sub-targeting key? That would be cool to have instead of using the mouse. The mouse just takes too much time away from shooting when you want to sub-target a ship's systems. With this key, you could highlight the sub-systems within the subtarget (the multiple phaser arrays under the subtarget PHASER) so you can fire on what you want to hit (with my targeting program idea that I mentioned Wink ).

You never really understand and appreciate the freedoms and liberities that you have until you go to a foreign country to fight for someone else's.

Lord_MalaK

'Iw ra'wI' Sogh
'Iw ra'wI' Sogh

Post Posted: 05-31-2005 01:58 PM Post subject:

MalaK's wish list:

1. Targetable torpedos- For instance Plasma torpedos and missles (considered torpedos). In the 20th century we (the U.S.) can target and fire at missles, why can't they do it in the Trek universe 300 years later ?

2. Multiple torpedo types on a ship (complete with seperate counters and arming buttons). This is my BIGGEST gripe.

3. A GOOD random mission generator that creates missions based on what you already have in your game, not what the generator requires you to download.

4. Rotating Shields- Say your forward shield gets pounded and goes down, you should be able to rotate you left or right shield around to the forward position.

5. a VERY good multitargeting script for AI ships that also launches attack shuttles if the AI ship has them.

6. Transporter bombs Wink

7. A script that can reverse the polarity of your tractor beams while in game. (ever hear of a T-R beam ??)

8. Tholian webs

9. Proximity fuses for torpedos

'ej, Suvmo', rInmoHDI'? Hegh. Qong --- Qong neH ---
'ej QongDI', tIq 'oy', wa'SanID Daw''e' je
cho'nISbogh porghDaj rInmoHlaH net Har.

captain_obvious

the ultimate n00b.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: 05-31-2005 02:24 PM Post subject:

how about the ability to have crewmembers executed? preferably saffi Grin

captain_obvious

the ultimate n00b.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: 06-25-2005 04:24 PM Post subject:

o0johohoho!!! how about a torpedo yield slider? (sort of like the phaser power slider, but for the torpedoes) (well, it's a slider with the tech expansion/ftech) and mabye the same for cannon weapons?

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 06-25-2005 06:39 PM Post subject:

captain_obvious wrote:
o0johohoho!!! how about a torpedo yield slider? (sort of like the phaser power slider, but for the torpedoes) (well, it's a slider with the tech expansion/ftech) and mabye the same for cannon weapons?

You mean like the Phaser/Pulse weapon slider?

That's my Detail Fixing mod...

But yes, I have been thinking about it, the same thing with spreads...

captain_obvious

the ultimate n00b.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: 07-06-2005 07:59 PM Post subject:

MLeo wrote:
captain_obvious wrote:

You mean like the Phaser/Pulse weapon slider?

That's my Detail Fixing mod...

But yes, I have been thinking about it, the same thing with spreads...

yup, that's what i mean! is it possible?

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 07-06-2005 09:41 PM Post subject:

Dunno yet.Razz

I haven't tried yet to see if I can set the damage of a torpedo again.

I've been busy with FTech.

captain_obvious

the ultimate n00b.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: 07-10-2005 06:48 PM Post subject:

MLeo wrote:
Dunno yet.Razz

I haven't tried yet to see if I can set the damage of a torpedo again.

I've been busy with FTech.

ah, well take your time! also, check out my thread about self destructing torpedoes!

eclipse74569

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 08-09-2005 05:26 AM Post subject:

Well, it's been a month, but I DO have an idea...and I'm hoping it's doable.

It's something similar to the Skinning and Damaging Tool, but for Warp Flashes with NanoFX.

Maybe have a line that can change the warp flash textures AND sound effects to match those of different Classes of ships.

Would this be possible (it's probably been discussed too....)

Rog W.

Nebula

Post Posted: 08-09-2005 05:41 AM Post subject:

heh NANO FX 2.0 already does so.

EDIT: eeer umm well, it does it for diff races but not diff classes of ships... hmmm good idea...

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 08-09-2005 12:39 PM Post subject:

One can set the warp flash (at the nacelle) on a ship per ship basis.

I can't currently remember for the sound or the end flash (bit of a headache).

Admiral Norton

Commands the whole Starfleet for 184 years (he
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Post Posted: 09-06-2005 03:34 PM Post subject:

Lord_MalaK wrote:
MalaK's wish list:

1. Targetable torpedos- For instance Plasma torpedos and missles (considered torpedos). In the 20th century we (the U.S.) can target and fire at missles, why can't they do it in the Trek universe 300 years later ?

2. Multiple torpedo types on a ship (complete with seperate counters and arming buttons). This is my BIGGEST gripe.

3. A GOOD random mission generator that creates missions based on what you already have in your game, not what the generator requires you to download.

4. Rotating Shields- Say your forward shield gets pounded and goes down, you should be able to rotate you left or right shield around to the forward position.

5. a VERY good multitargeting script for AI ships that also launches attack shuttles if the AI ship has them.

6. Transporter bombs Wink

7. A script that can reverse the polarity of your tractor beams while in game. (ever hear of a T-R beam ??)

8. Tholian webs

9. Proximity fuses for torpedos

1. Yeah, that would be horrific, but it would make the game to easy.Even with a siting duck like Galaxy class, I can outmaneuver 75% of the normal photon torpedoes. Why eliminate even that 25%? It would make torpedoes completely unusable!

2. Heh, try to fly Sovereign. But it would be nice to see seperate buttons for launching different torpedoes instead of just that "Type: " toggler.

3. There was a mission builder on BCFiles which could be useful for that sort of things, but I stopped using it, because it was very incapable. An extensive upgrade and a slight modification would do the job.

4. That would be useful, but it would make big ships invincible except when attacked by a large armada: a small ships manages to blow up a hole in the Rom Warbird shields and has the warp core in the vicinity of its phasers (that's quite a feat, I never managed to kill a Rom Warbird by destroying its warp core!) and the Warbird rotates its shields and everything is lost. But it would be indeed a very great idea and I would like to see such a mod.

5. That could I do, perhaps. I'm not a genius in the field of AI scripting, but I could try it. But I don't have a slight idea on how to program a shuttle launch in the AI.

6. A very good and very Star Trek idea. But it would be stupid if it would completely kill the ship.

7. I agree, that a Star Trek idea, too. It would change the death reputation of tractor beams.

8. I don't think that's possible, but that's quite a good idea, indeed.

9. I hope that's possible. It would be fun.

Cube

Astrophysics "FTW"
General
General

Post Posted: 09-06-2005 09:49 PM Post subject:

7. In kobashi maru, although it doesnt work all the time. (which is good)

http://djcube.deviantart.com/

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 10-29-2005 04:46 PM Post subject:

how about get a torpedo to warp in/out of a system, and tell it to do various things?

like that dreadnaught missile/torp from ST:Voyager(?)