Empires: Dawn of the Modern World Questions
1. What is the release date for Empires: Dawn of the Modern World?
Empires is already on store shelves wordwide.
2. What are the system requirments?
600mhz processor, 128 MB RAM, TNT2 graphics card or better.
3. Is there an Empires demo I can download?
Yes, you can download the demo here.
4. Does Empires: Dawn of the Modern World have multiplayer?
Yes, Empires: Dawn of the Modern World supports both single player and multiplayer modes.
5. Can I record my games for later viewing?
Yes, you can record your games to watch later and share with others.
6. What playable civilizations are available in Empires: Dawn of the Modern World?
China, England/UK, France/Franks, Korea, Germany, Russia and the USA.
7. During what time period does Empires: Dawn of the Modern World take place?
Empires spans 1,000 years of human history, from the Middle Ages to World War II.
8. Do I have the ability to zoom in?
Yes, unlike many other real-time strategy games, you will have the ability to zoom all the way to the ground as your units battle, or if you prefer, zoom back out for a typical RTS vantage point.
9. Can I make my own campaigns and scenarios?
Yes, Empires: Dawn of the Modern World will include a powerful scenario editor.
10. What type of engine does Empires: Dawn of the Modern World use?
Empires: Dawn of the Modern World uses a second-generation 3D engine that provides countless attractive visual effects.
11. Will a multiplayer rating system be incorporated into Empires: Dawn of the Modern World?
Yes, Empires will be using a top of the line rating system.
12. Does Empires have customizable hotkeys?
Yes, you have the ability to customize your hotkeys.
13. Can players pick their desired color during multiplayer games?
Yes, players can pick between an assortment of different colors.
14. Does Empires include full 3D camera rotation?
Yes, players have the freedom to rotate the camera as they will.
15. Does Empires: Dawn of the Modern World have national borders, like in Rise of Nations?
No, Empires does not include national borders.
16. Okay, so if there are no borders then what is to prevent Empires from becoming a "rusher's paradise", like so many other RTS games?
Empires includes two game modes: Tournament and Empire Builder. The Tournament mode is for players who enjoy fast paced action. Empire Builder is for players who prefer building large Empires over a longer period of time.
17. Are there audio taunts, like in Age of Empires?
No, Empires does not include audio taunts.
18. Are there day and night cycles?
Yes, but only in scenarios and campaigns. Standard games do not include day/night cycles.
19. Is it possible to create and play multiplayer scenarios?
20. Can I play this game online with a 56k connection?
Although the occasional lag spike is to be expected, players with a 56k connection should be able to play online without any problems.
21. I heard that iron is not included as one of the resources in Empires, is this true?
Yes, iron was removed to make balancing the seven unique civilizations in Empires easier. It also helps reduce the learning curve which often frustrates many new players.
22. Does Empires have unique resources, like in Rise of Nations?