Yahoo
Imp_List
Group

Competition games
Information, map keys, results and links.

Imperialism I

Tips / reviews / Strategy Guide / screenshots

Imperialism II
Tips / units / reviews / aars / map keys / Strategy Guide / screenshots

Trade Empires
in
progress

Imperial Agenda
ideas

Medieval Diplomacy

dminoz's map mod

Links

Email

Newsgroup and board threads

Not so much recently, but a couple of years ago, there was a lot of discussion about Imp2 in the newsgroups and in various fora (sic). One welcome addition (two actually) was the presence in many of the discussions of former Frog City employee Ben Polk, one of the Imp2 programmers, and Alan Wasserman, formerly of SSI, Imp2's publishers. Between them, they added a lot of solid information to the discussions.

Imperialism II: Thanks Guys.
Good detailed discussion of strategy and production.

A very good general strategy post.
Nice and long.

Imperialism II:
A lon
g thread that goes quite a few places, including off-topic.

Geez .. it's tough
... a general rant, including discussion of production in the New World.

War strategies,
including how to get out of a war you don't want.

Ben Polk, on
the AI in Imp2.

A short Q&A thread,
with anwers from Ben P.

A single post
containing some useful general tips, using a game as Portugal.
Good read.

A long thread called Imperialism II still holds up goes to some interesting places, including some comparisons with EU2.

A general discussion
on the Apolyton board. Includes some AAR reporting on a campaign as France.

IMPERIALISM 2

Full version (57Mb)*
Patch (1.03)
No CD patch (for 1.03)
Manual (pdf)

Tech Tree (pdf)

IMPERIALISM 1
Full version (41 Mb)*
Patch
Manual (pdf)

TRADE EMPIRES
Full version (130Mb)*
Most of these
downloads (other than
the full versions, which
are direct) require
a Fileplanet login.

* The full versions of
all 3 games are
fully patched, noCD,
and don't need
installation - just unzip.
To help conserve
server bandwidth,
the links are not
here, but are on the
Links page of
the Yahoo
Imp_List group.

STRATEGY GUIDES

"I initially thought it a waste of time, gold and resources ($2000!, 3 paper) setting up a Consulate and Embassy for a Tribe and then creating a Merchant and purchasing land from them, and played several games without ever doing this. I just simply conquered 10 provinces to get my new recruits medal bonus, fortified my New World possessions and went on to focus on the Old World. In my current game I decided to make the investment, and wow what a difference it's made in terms of wealth. I'm flush with cash in this game. I'm still amazed at how well everything integrates together. In this example, by developing tribal resources I'm able to obtain needed resources (e.g., coal), get them at a great price that contributes to my overseas profits (which in turn increases my overall game ranking), and all the while build up a strong diplomatic partner whose relationship improves with every trade, which in turn lowers my costs, and so on. Outstanding feature integration." -- Go to the thread

This site is hosted by Strategy Planet