BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could I ADD Anything to BC2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC2 Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  

CaptainRussell

Commodore
Commodore

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 09-02-2005 05:07 PM Post subject: Could I ADD Anything to BC2?

I could add several planet textures that I've made that are 1024x1024x24 and could also make custom registries for any ships that the makers of this mod would like to include; I've also made several M-class planet textures(new ones that are compressed horizontally for a better effect when applied to a spherical mesh) that would look perfect with NanoFX atmospheres added to them.

I've also made shield and phaser Targas as well as a bunch of torpedoes and I've also added "_specular" Targas to most of my ships that didn't have them and I also enhanced the textures on many stock and mod ships for BC.

Armondikov

Tan tan ta ra, tzing boom!

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 09-03-2005 01:13 PM Post subject:

If you can do good textures and 2D work, you're valuable.

CaptainRussell

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 09-05-2005 01:22 AM Post subject:

Well I'm right now thinking of making a CG Sovereign texture pack that uses the SDT to minimize the space that the ship takes up - I've just made registries for the U.S.S. Pharaoh(NCC-75120) and plan on making them for the U.S.S. Excelsior(NCC-2000-B) and a couple of other ships too; this could be used in BC2.

David999

Graphic Artist
BCU Mod Team
BCU Mod Team

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 09-05-2005 01:09 PM Post subject:

he means, texture work from scrap, probably including UV unwrapinf aswell as just the 2d maps

CaptainRussell

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 09-05-2005 03:49 PM Post subject:

I haven't done much to the textures of the CG Sovereign because, well, they're pretty much perfect.

I am, however, going to do a bunch of stuff to the textures of the CG Sovereign after I model a third nacelle to it along with a forward mega-phaser on the tip of the saucer section as well as a block of torpedo turrets just aft of the bridge of the ship. I'm gonna change the mesh a little bit to model some more ablative armor than is already there.

I've also re-hardpointed the CG Sovereign to use the phaser and torpedo Targas that came with the SNS Galaxy(I've edited the torpedo scripts a little bit too). I've also modified the quantum turret on the CG Sovereign so that only up to 80 quantum torpedoes can be fired in one battle(set the recharge rate of the pulse cannons to "0").

Anyway, if I make several more registries for the CG Sovereign and modifiy them for use in the SDT, would you be interested in their use in BC2?

gamesfunk

Location: Weapons Resarch Facility, Veldhoven, The Netherlands

Post Posted: 09-05-2005 03:52 PM Post subject:

Well, legally BC2 may not use canon ships, or at least ships registered at Paramount of whatever. So no CG registries they can use. But I'm sure one can use your texturing,

G.

*or do you just mean the reggies Confused

CaptainKeyes

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 09-05-2005 04:22 PM Post subject:

Quote:
after I model a third nacelle

It's not canon after a third nacelle is added, but since it is so close I'm not sure if it is legal or not

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

CaptainRussell

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 09-05-2005 07:15 PM Post subject:

Call it the Intimidator-class - that's a real Star Trek ship that has not been made by anyone yet; like I said I'll take the CG Sovereign mesh and inflate the edges of the saucer and the dorsal and ventral sides of the engineering section and then draw or cut some ridges in it and then add a nice dark grey texture to look like some thick ablative hull armor - will also add a bunch more phaser arrays.

I really like the SNS phaser Targas and torpedoes so I'll probably use those. I just need to get a decent modelling program - will have to ask for a pirated version of 3DSMax from Singapore the next time my buddy goes there.

gamesfunk

Location: Weapons Resarch Facility, Veldhoven, The Netherlands

Post Posted: 09-05-2005 07:34 PM Post subject:

Raven, you had a percentage about how much it had to be modified to let it not fall under Paramount... what was it? 30, 40 % or so?

What you're suggesting is about 10 percent changes and looks very much like the Galaxy-X-class, only know it is applied to the Sovereign-class.

G.