BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaggies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

SuperSmeg

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 03-11-2007 01:54 PM Post subject: Jaggies

I dont know how or why, but Im getting really bad jagged lines on all the ship models in my game even though my anti-aliasing is set to x6 in my graphics card settings.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

Im using a X1900XTX 512mb Radeon card. My anisotropic filtering settings are fine.

I dont just dont want ship models that look like they were cut out of cardboard by a 3 year old.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Bachs

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 03-11-2007 10:57 PM Post subject:

Hi Smeg,

I just bought a radeon 1950 yesterday. I also just installed directx feb 2007 release and the cat 7.2.

I will try antialiasing and see what happens.

In the mean time can you post your system specs?

Ok I used anti aliasing 4x and 6x with and without the temporal antialiasing turned on and I did not have a problem. And wow it sure does wonders for the Soveriegn doesnt it :-).

I suggest you download drver cleaner and eliminate every last vestige of ati/ nvidia drivers from your machine and download fresh.

Let us know what happens.

SuperSmeg

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Post Posted: 03-12-2007 12:38 AM Post subject:

It didnt work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Bachs

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 03-12-2007 01:08 AM Post subject:

Wow THAT didnt even work?

Hmm .....

The next thing I would do is check some other games and see if you are having an anti-aliasing problem.

My card is almost the exact same as yours so at least we know that it can work.

Did you also try set to defaults button on the catalyst control center menu and than resetting AA?

If that fails another good place to look are the rage3d forums, as ATI monitors those forums to help find bugs, and the people there are the true ati guru's.

What is your system stats by the way, you never know it might inspire me to think of something else.

In either case I wish you the very best of luck.

WAIT !!! Redownload microsoft net framework2.0 AND the two patches that microsoft released for it, if you have net framework 1.1 installed as well use the control panel to uninstall all .net framework first.

It is really really easy to get .net framework hosed, which inturn makes Catalyst Control Center do stupid things. I should have told you this earlier as it is always one of the first things you do when ATI starts to mess up.

SuperSmeg

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Post Posted: 03-12-2007 12:53 PM Post subject:

Bachs wrote:
Wow THAT didnt even work?

Hmm .....

The next thing I would do is check some other games and see if you are having an anti-aliasing problem.

My card is almost the exact same as yours so at least we know that it can work.

Did you also try set to defaults button on the catalyst control center menu and than resetting AA?

Just tried that but it didnt work until I disabled the MipMaps option in Catalyst and ingame in BC. Then it became perfect. I cant believe it worked.

Very confusing Confused

I'll post here again incase ATI decides to screw over BC again.