BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebalancing new ships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

USS Admicis

Ensign
Ensign

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 01-15-2007 01:11 AM Post subject: Rebalancing new ships

I've encountered a lot of frustration lately trying to get ships balanced for a single-player game so that it will play smoothly - it can be really hard to do. Especially in the early missions. When you try to make the ships realistic, the missions can get impossible. Like when 2 Birds of Prey have to survive a battle with 4 Galor-class ships on their own for several minutes, or when you have to fight 2 Warbirds in the second mission with only 2 Birds of Prey for backup - and neither of them can be destroyed. What were they thinking when they made these missions up? Has anybody done a really good job of re-balancing all the ships yet made them seem realistic?

yochenhsieh

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 01-15-2007 02:30 AM Post subject:

The Warbirds of E2M0(= E1M3) have their own hardpoints, so there shouldn't be problems for them. I agreed that the Cardassian ships & bases, and Romulan Warbirds are too weak in the single player. I'm making a mod and rebalance ships based on DOSMAN's hardpoints:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Rebalanced_Hardpoints;9092
which I think is a very nice work for keep SP playable, and still has some realism at the mean time. With his hps I only need to change few ships to have a well balanced game.