BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MPMP Interest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Multiplayer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want MPMP to be reopened?
Yes
91%
 91%  [ 22 ]
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MPMP?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MPMP?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 07-10-2004 04:03 AM Post subject: MPMP Interest

darkshimmer may be interested in reopening the project entitled MPMP which i'm sure a lot of BC players know about. The latest public release is the 2.0.

One of the reasons for it being laid to rest was that not enough of the community seamed to show any interest in that MPMP developement progressed. I for one enjoy playing BC even with all the bugs it has even unmodded ;P

With this thread, I as a member of darkshimmers former beta team ask the community if they would be interested in MPMP being reopened and most definitely improved over the 2.0 version that exists today.

If you want to ask questions about MPMP or just talking in general, please visit http://www.digital-underground.us

Note: Any help from experienced hardpointers would be greatly appreciated. If you have Microsoft Excel, then you can read darkshimmers Ship Balancing Interface where you just need to input a small number of settings (mass, amount of weapons etc) and the remaining calculations will be automatically done, then just need to input the correct values in the hardpoint through Notepad/Wordpad/MPE. Very easily done. I sure hope people would show more interest in this mod, since I was a little upset when it was cancelled.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Chris Jones

Post Posted: 07-10-2004 11:46 AM Post subject: Multiplayer Mod Pack 2.1

The MPMP - Multiplayer Mod Pack - is what I play on our LAN several times a week. Even in its beta state as I have it right now, it is a blast, and no other multiplayer mod comes close. This mod has lots of great new ships AND about 60 different system maps to choose from (provided by me). I am pleased to see Darkshimmer is still willing to do this with enough interest. I'm not a hardpointer and have other projects going myself, but I will do my best to promote this project, as I feel it is a high quality multiplayer mod.

Please post your support here!!

and..

look here!!

http://www.nightsoft.net/chrisjones/MPMP21.htm

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 07-10-2004 07:36 PM Post subject:

Nice to hear from you Chris. I loved playing around in the starsystems that you made. It was a blast, i can tell you. And any support you can give in way of promotion of the MPMP would be great.

To the person who voted NO about reopening the project: Would you be willing to come out and say why, or are you gonna stay anonymous? I'm glad so many have voted YES so far. The more people who vote YES the better, and the sooner the project will be reopened.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Thunder

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Post Posted: 07-10-2004 08:00 PM Post subject:

I for one would love to see mpmp 2.1, from the screenshots taken by chris, it looks bigger an better than before. For those people who do have doubts, when it comes out try it. If you dont like it you dont have to play, but show your support and vote yes. This mod doesnt deserve to sit in DS's hd.

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 07-10-2004 08:23 PM Post subject:

I posted a link to the MPMP site in my top post in this thread. For anyone who wants to find out more about MPMP or just talk in general. I hope to see more people voting, since over 50 people have viewed this thread, since it started.

And for some reason, when i edited my top post it screwed up the poll. Pay no attention to the amount of options (LOL), just vote Grin

[SFC]Unimatrix0of1

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Zodiac: Scorpio

Post Posted: 07-11-2004 09:03 PM Post subject:

You know I find that site extremely difficult to navigate around and find in very frustrating.

I would like to help with the MPMP Project as well. I am also willing to learn anything I need to learn to help.

I am learning Pyton, but I know Photoshop, PHP, Flash, etch..

CAF-DC Adm Relativity

Senior DC Ambassador to the CAF Alliance
Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 07-12-2004 01:29 AM Post subject: MPMP 2.1 Support

I speak on behalf of at least 30 of us in the Defense Command clan (DC) of the CAF Alliance in saying that we all wholeheartedly support this effort. MPMP has breathed new life into BC. We would have stopped playing long ago were it not for MPMP 1.4d. We like 2.0 as well, but it seems that 1.4d was our favorite in spite of some balancing issues.

My vote is yes. I have one or two who may be able to hardpoint. I will try to send them your way.

Rel Out

DC Senior Admiral Relativity
Senior Ambassador to the CAF Alliance
http://www.defense-command.net

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

General Lochlee (DCMC)

Commandant (DCMC)
Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 07-12-2004 06:38 AM Post subject:

Love 1.4D and all other mods you have made keep up the good work. I would hate to see good work go to waste. With mods like this you keep the universe alive.

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 07-14-2004 08:30 AM Post subject:

More support of MPMP. Keep them votes coming people Smile

Thrai

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 07-14-2004 05:03 PM Post subject:

Hello,

I have played MPMP since 1.4d and would love to see the project continued.
All the great work so far, it would be a shame to let this mod die!

S'Tev Merek aka Thrai, GA Clan

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 07-24-2004 02:46 AM Post subject:

17 votes... Thanks to all the enthusiastic people in the BC community it has now been decided that MPMP developement will continue. And we ask for people both experienced/not so experienced for aid in adjusting hardpoints.

Please read more at http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=320079

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 08-05-2004 03:43 AM Post subject:

OK, seeing as nobody is replying lately, and not particularly many have signed up at our forums, I hereby list the members who are working on MPMP as of this time.

I again ask, for people willing to learn how to/or help out on hardpointing the ships of MPMP. All you would need to do, is read darkshimmers SBI for the specific ship, and input the correct values in MPE (Model Property Editor).

Owner and Developer: Darkshimmer
Project Manager: Darkthunder
Visual and Audio Producer: DarkGUNMAN

Developement Team:: None

Other then the members listed first, there are none developing MPMP. We have about 90 ships to adjust hardpoints on, to the new settings from the SBI, and that would take a while for only 2-3 people.

Again, I say that the homepage for MPMP can be reached at www.digital-underground.us.