BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TNG Constitution Refit "Valiant" (download)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Downloads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Zambie Zan

Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 01-01-2007 12:12 AM Post subject: TNG Constitution Refit "Valiant" (download)

The Constitution class has been a mainstay of Starfleet since the mid 23rd century. With the constant refits and upgrades that the class has undergone through the years, even the oldest Constitution has remained a viable starship despite newer and more advanced replacements entering service.

One of the later of these refits, the Patton subclass took on the reigns during the General War to help supplement the rest of it's Constitution siblings. Following the successful refit program first instituted on the Enterprise, a similar upgrade was developed for the Pattons which would help keep them on the cutting edge of combat, exploration, and transportation technology. These upgraded Patton class starships saw extensive action during the cold war with the Klingon Empire and the subsequent invasion from the Andromedans. After this conflict, the bulk of the Constitution fleet was scaled back and many of the Patton series were either scrapped or mothballed. One such of the later, the USS Valiant, had the distinction of being put into the reserve fleet, receiving moderate upgrades at varying points to keep the ship in fair condition should the need for more warships arise.

Throughout many decades, the Valiant lay dormant at Utopia Planetia getting only occasional visits from maintenance and refit crews until the outbreak of the Cardassian wars in the mid 24th century. Recognizing the need for ships to supplement the main forces, the Valiant was reactivated and received an overhaul of her major systems to bring her up to the fighting levels of the times. Phaser arrays and heavier photon torpedo launchers were installed, in addition to stronger shields and reinforced hull plating. New warp nacelles replaced the older, less efficient models, and an improved deflector array was added to account for the engine changes.

The Valiant served notably during the Cardassian conflict, earning many commendations and battle stars before being put back into reserve status following the war. She wouldn't have to wait for long as threat from the Borg, tensions with the Klingons, and the looming war with the Dominion eventually pressed her back into service. She received minor upgrades during these periods, the most notable being an increase in phaser power and shield enhancements do counter Dominion weaponry. Since the end of the Dominion War, the Valiant has remained on active duty thus making her one of the oldest ships in the fleet.

Mesh/Textures: WickedZombie45

BC Convertion/HP: Zambie Zan

Download at http://drs.battleclinic.com/

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

ModderMan

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 01-01-2007 09:23 PM Post subject:

When I first read the title i was optimistic but I think you guys did a really good job Smile

ThunderchiId

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 01-05-2007 09:39 AM Post subject:

You should do a modernization for my Niijima. Grin

I'd do it, but I'm....lazy. Lol.

Zambie Zan

Commander
Commander

Post Posted: 01-06-2007 04:57 AM Post subject:

Whats a Niijima ?

MScott2273

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 01-10-2007 03:18 AM Post subject:

I like the lines of this ship. The saucer section reminds me of the Ambassador -class ships. Was this a Valiant-A ship?

SuperSmeg

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Post Posted: 01-10-2007 03:54 AM Post subject:

Zambie Zan wrote:
Whats a Niijima ?

Something that could use updating http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Niijimaclass_Torpedo_Cruiser;26401

LOL. Still a good ship.

Back on topic, I like this ship. Nice job.

A bit more off-topic, I hope you will fix the non-warpping error with the ported Akyazi soon Zambie.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

UPD Equinox

TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8
TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 01-10-2007 07:52 AM Post subject:

The Niijima's a damn fine ship dude!

But on topic i think you did a pretty damn good job showing an old ship giving the impression that it's the product of numerous refits as apposed to a planned ship. Very well done man!

MinioN

Post Posted: 01-14-2007 10:33 PM Post subject:

I love the design, texturing is quality. Great Job.

bcminion@hotmail.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger