BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Requesting help, please...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tinchazo

Private
Private

Post Posted: 09-01-2006 10:57 PM Post subject: Requesting help, please...

Hello to all. My name in Tincho and I from Argentina.

It's has been too long since I wrote around here, and....I apologize for my poor english. I hope to make myself understand.

Guys, I searched for too long around the forum and I was unable to find a post that says the necesary modifications that we need to make to "Bridge Commander" to fight during warp speeds. Can someone tell me what I need to acomplish this?.

Bye to all!.

Tinchazo.

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 09-02-2006 11:33 AM Post subject:

It is possible to some extend. The problem is that under no condition may a ship that is in warp be destroyed. If it does, then BC will crash.

My DetailFixing mod (thread should be findable through search in this forum) has the feature that enables fighting while in warp.

The Warp mechanism would need to be alterd a great deal (likly to be rewritten) to allow real combat. If someone is doing that (actually, I believe someone or a group is, not sure though) then Warp would be greatly improved. Or atleast, I hope it would. Seems like a shame not to improve it overal.

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.
BC Technical FAQ [Last updated 26/12/2005]
"Trust me, I'm a con artist" - Moist von Lipwig, "Going Postal, Discworld"

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 09-02-2006 04:28 PM Post subject:

MLeo wrote:
It is possible to some extend. The problem is that under no condition may a ship that is in warp be destroyed. If it does, then BC will crash.

My DetailFixing mod (thread should be findable through search in this forum) has the feature that enables fighting while in warp.

The Warp mechanism would need to be alterd a great deal (likly to be rewritten) to allow real combat. If someone is doing that (actually, I believe someone or a group is, not sure though) then Warp would be greatly improved. Or atleast, I hope it would. Seems like a shame not to improve it overal.

I think you're thinking of KM

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Tinchazo

Private
Private

Post Posted: 02-22-2007 02:12 AM Post subject:

Hello to all again!.

It´s has been too long since my last post around here.

Well, my troubles remains: I´m unable to get a mod that allows me to fight during warp speed. I imagine that this problem could been fixed, since the last time that I request assistence to this. If you can tell me from where I can get a mod that allows fights in warp, I will apreciate.

From another hand, I wish to ask you If there is a way to keep a starship for all missions of BC. Instead the Galaxy Class for the firsts missions and then the U.S.S. Sovereign, I wish to use the Assimilated Galaxy Class or another ships. How I can make is possible?.

Thanks to all for help and I apologize for my poor english...

Tincho.

sfc3fan

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Zodiac: Scorpio

Post Posted: 02-23-2007 10:14 PM Post subject:

im in a particular good mood tonight so ive done alot of the work for You:

1) Fighting While At Warp: Requires 2 mods

1a) Nano Fx 2.0 Found At BC Files:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/NanoFX;23469

1b) Mleos Detail Fixing Mod (Its A great Mod MLeo):
http://bridgecommander.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/phpBB/download.php?id=19386

Secondly Editing The Mission scripts is extreamly difficult the first problem is that NanoFX tends to have issues with Single Player whihc have yet "Publicly Been Resolved"

The third problem is that the Ship the player uses in the single player campaign is scripted into the mission, New Frontier Dosnt have this limitation.

This problem can be solved however it would mean downloading the SDK and changing envery mission file in the game.. To load the Assimilated Galaxy insted of the Soverign And Dauntless[/list]