BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

official script ideas thread>>>>>>>>
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Krenn sutai-Rustazh

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 03-14-2002 10:07 PM Post subject: official script ideas thread>>>>>>>>

nt

Krenn
captain of IKS Kahlesste' kaase

federation ship prepare to be boarded or destroyed

erriversable

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 03-15-2002 08:19 PM Post subject:

could you make saffy stop saying that intro in the quick battle and when a ship is destroyed. ex. "SIMULATED enemy ship destroyed"

completely ruins the mood or realism.

Captain Data

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Post Posted: 03-17-2002 07:22 PM Post subject:

Damage-Effects, Bridge and Real-Captain-Mode in MP would be great. Its just more realistic.

(P.S. Damage is the most important. I want to cut of the Nacceles of the Ambassador or the Akira Smile )

General Kor

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 03-17-2002 08:17 PM Post subject:

That would be cool

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

strikefalcon

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 03-21-2002 02:35 PM Post subject:

A plugin system similar to Dasher's that will add new custom systems into the game without mucking up the QuickBattle.py

BanzaiZAP made a great set of new systems, but I haven't got a hold of him to try to make his systems more compatible with other mods...

Also a plugin script for soon to be new custom bridges will be needed as well...

Krenn sutai-Rustazh

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 03-22-2002 07:49 PM Post subject:

this thread is for script ideas.

Krenn

Dasher42

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 03-30-2002 06:32 PM Post subject:

Krenn sutai-Rustazh wrote:

this thread is for script ideas.

Hmmm... failure to communicate, here. To us programmers, "scripting" is the use of a high-level language to program case-specific instructions for general-purpose tools. I take it that you're thinking of scripted events or missions for Bridge Commander?

Krenn sutai-Rustazh

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 04-03-2002 03:29 PM Post subject:

yup, ideas for BC missions.

Krenn

Endeavor

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 04-16-2002 02:42 AM Post subject:

Sacerfice of Angels?
What You Leave Behind?
Scorpian
Q Who? (the Enterprise D encounters the borg for the first time)

CRAZYHID

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Zodiac: Scorpio

Post Posted: 05-17-2002 09:39 PM Post subject: couldnt we make !!!

could we make a new mission where we have a new ship and new crew and we could get people to do the mp3 files all they have to do is speak into the microphone and record it from a script it would be cool it would be like the bc star trek mini series we could giv a new bridge too and uniforms yea so cool is this possible

shesmiel

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 06-06-2002 06:17 AM Post subject: Re: couldnt we make !!!

CRAZYHID wrote:

could we make a new mission where we have a new ship and new crew and we could get people to do the mp3 files all they have to do is speak into the microphone and record it from a script it would be cool it would be like the bc star trek mini series we could giv a new bridge too and uniforms yea so cool is this possible

I'm totally down with this. I was thinking the same thing and I volunteer to help right now with anyone creating a custom mission. I'm used to doing voices for my friends and my Flash animations.

shesmiel

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 06-06-2002 06:18 AM Post subject: Re: couldnt we make !!!

CRAZYHID wrote:

I'm totally down with this. I was thinking the same thing and I volunteer to help right now with anyone creating a custom mission. I'm used to doing voices for my friends and my Flash animations.

HAL-9000

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 07-01-2002 04:52 AM Post subject:

- warp flash, when u go to intercept it has the warp flash on the naccels

-warp lines, (during intercept mode) ther would be the warp lines on the view screen, and or outside

-sauser sep...

-count down auto destruct (theres saffie saying 5,4,3,2,1 etc in the sfx folder)

-crew deaths (again, sounds are in the sfx folder)

-warp core breach , when the warp core gets disabled . if its not put into the damage que right away, it will start to go down. and the computer would yell out "animatter containment system deteriorating" or somthing.

-warp core explosion, if the ship blows up by a means other then the hull cracking, there would be a enormus exploson... damaging al ships in the area

-power failure, when the warp core is hit/disabled, the lights could dim and flicker...

Capt Roxton

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 07-27-2002 10:17 PM Post subject:

how about a complete power down option? turn's oof the glows and such on a ship along with all the systems and you become a drift in space, registering as debrie or not registering at all unless your realy close.

Class: PROMETHEUS
Sub Class: Manhattan
Standing orders issued 2399.
Defend federation space fram all alien incusion.

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 09-22-2002 12:40 PM Post subject:

faster cloaking, or the lock on the beam weapons cancles faster..one or the 2.

the ability to target and area of open space with a beam weapon to attempt to hit a cloaked ship.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

16 of 21

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Location: Tactical Cube 579124857 Monitoring Alpha Quadrant species transmissions

Post Posted: 09-25-2002 09:00 PM Post subject:

HAL-9000 wrote:

- warp flash, when u go to intercept it has the warp flash on the naccels

-warp lines, (during intercept mode) ther would be the warp lines on the view screen, and or outside

-sauser sep...

-count down auto destruct (theres saffie saying 5,4,3,2,1 etc in the sfx folder)

-crew deaths (again, sounds are in the sfx folder)

-warp core breach , when the warp core gets disabled . if its not put into the damage que right away, it will start to go down. and the computer would yell out "animatter containment system deteriorating" or somthing.

-warp core explosion, if the ship blows up by a means other then the hull cracking, there would be a enormus exploson... damaging al ships in the area

-power failure, when the warp core is hit/disabled, the lights could dim and flicker...

I gave instructions to add the self destruct countdown to someone at dreamyards.

Pegasus

Resident Irishman
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 10-07-2002 08:17 PM Post subject: ideas

hey, I know that im a bit of a nobody in these forums, but thats just because i never bother posting. I have several ideas aswell. 1st up, putting the Crew on the D-bridge into their Canon positions. ive tried this and i can get them to go into the roght positions, but the animations are a bit messed up. ill keep trying though.
One other thing, I know that this isnt a scripting idea, but is there anybody out there working on a model of the Andromeda from the series of same name, that ship would look sooo good in BC. Cheers Someone give me some feedback.Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

DG_Serendipity

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 10-07-2002 10:30 PM Post subject: My ideas

Hmm ive got a few...

oh and FYI, i have been looking around in the script for the game, and in the cloak handlers somewhere, there is a variable for the cloak where it says "quick cloak enabled" and "quick decloakcloak enabled". It appears to be controlled by a variable in the series of variables that declare the cloaking device. I hope I got that right Smile

Has anyone tried having multiple shield generators? My specific wish is to have a shield generator for each shield, Fore, Aft, ect. I have yet to do any experiments yet.

Pre-scriped evasive manuvers. Alpha, beta, ect. Would be very trekish. Also try the Picard Manuver, although it would have to be some kind of sacrifice, energy, engines or something.

A better quickbattle setup. There are quickbattle replacments out there but they either suck, or don't work.

Something missing from this whole game and im pissed that it wasn't in the game from the beginning. LIFE SUPPORT! All ships have a Life Support system, that in many trek episodes, the Life Support system was damaged, and they only had so long before their air ran out.

AI that is better suited for smaller, fighter-size craft like the Hornet or the Valkrie.

program more than two teams into multiplayer and quickbattle

Analog input support! Flying with the arrow keys is fine for huge sluggish ships, but for the new fighters that have come out, its a real drag. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a joystick axis relative to directional thrust. And you can't press more than three buttons on the keyboard at a time without the computer beeping at you!

Better displays. Especially the piss-poor excuse they call a sensor display. It needs to be bigger, and represent 3-D positions of ships, and ships at longer distances away. There are many ways to do this, take any space combat sim for examples.

How about a script that will allow you to "dump" your main battery or your backup battery to shields? This would prove very useful when you really get in a fix.

Well thats all that I can think of for now. Hope they are at least noteworthy.

Warning to e-mail spammers: If you spam me, I will hunt you down and castrate you. This I promise! Have a nice day...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Pegasus

Resident Irishman
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 10-08-2002 06:01 PM Post subject:

Woah, someone has an imagination and a half, just kidding. they're good ideas, only the shield generator idea wont work The shield generates a field the encompasses the entire ship, so if you put multiple generators in the ship, youd end up with multiple shield layers. And the Life Support is an easy one. all you need do is re-name a property such as a shuttlebay in the Model Property Editor, and then make it a critical system. Et Voila, a new way to kill your enemies in several seconds.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

BanzaiZAP

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 10-13-2002 01:49 AM Post subject: What a lot of words!

Okay, this is a looooong post with a huge story idea. I'm using it for my own mission, but anyone who wants to help can join in. It's getting back to the original purpose of the thread: PLOT script ideas!

SPOILER WARNING:
This will discuss the plot in detail, so if you want to just wait and play it like it's supposed to be played, then DON'T READ ANY FURTHER! Since you're still reading, you are never going to get the delighted surprise you have when playing a new game. The following is almost like a Choose-Your-Own-Adventures. Ninety percent of the plot is taken from the Dan Simmons short story "Orphans of the Helix" as found in the anthology Far Horizons. I do not have any permission, and if you want to bring this to his attention, I would love the chance to meet him! Wink

This is an open-ended saga, with about four possible endings. It consists of four locations, two new objects (I may need some model/hp help!) and some AI. The player starts at location 1 (deep space) and is offered a choice of three target locations. (This is done via dialog with Sciences) It doesn't matter what kind of ship the player chooses. Some players may be disappointed, but this is a Science mission, not a Combat mission. It's more like a Star Trek story, not a combat simulator. It may not be as "kewl," but it's certainly more "Star Trek."

Target One:
A massive star has recently gone Red Giant. It swallowed the inner planets, burnt the next ones out, and has a sole-surviving gas giant in distant orbit. Mild scientific interest for stellar development and some gravitational anomalies.

Target Two:
A small neutron star within a couple light-years is interesting for having a gaseous torus around it. There are organic components in the ring.

Target Three:
A small lone object seems to be in a stable orbit between the two star systems, traveling at sub-light speeds, it takes 17.23 years per orbit. High metallic content.

There can be scripted dialog for difficulty settings, to provide the Gamer with pro's and con's of each location. Once the ship warps into the system of choice, here is what they get:

Red Giant:
Outermost Gas Giant is just like most, with a collection of moons and asteroids. One moon may have been habitable before the star expanded, but it's a cinder, now. The remaining planets outside the star's corona are lumps of rock in various orbits. It has been several thousand years since this star was G-type. If the Gamer looks deeper (in a variety of ways) they detect a planet existing within the corona, almost touching the sun's surface. It seems to be the source of the gravimetric anomalies. The ship can move to close orbit (within the corona!) for a closer look.

Neutron Star:
Sure enough, the gaseous cloud ringing the star can support life! A stable oxygen/nitrogen mix, combined with free-growing plant life means a thriving ecosystem has developed! There are specific coordinates of primitive protein-based life forms, that can be targeted at medium range. If the Gamer moves almost withing the ring, they will receive a primitive hail on low-end radio frequencies. A primitive culture is begging for help!

Metallic Debris:
Upon getting closer, the object resolves into an ancient spacecraft! It's obviously old, and scarred. The back-end is a standard engine assembly, with loads of cargo space, and the front end is a nightmare of blades and grinders. The ultimate lawn-mower. If the Gamer gets within 50 klicks, it will open fire with a VERY weak phaser. Gamers with no shields at all might take some mild damage. Felix scoffs at it, and Miguel suggests it may just be for meteor defense. It has a very weak shield, and will be destroyed fairly easily, if the Gamer chooses. It can also be safely ignored. If it gets left alone, it will leave them alone. If fully scanned, it may give off some odd gravitational anomalies.

So now the Gamer should be interested. Or, they might go investigate another location, and come back later. It shouldn't matter. In any event, here's the Deeper Plot if the Gamer moves closer. If they do NOT move deeper, then they may not realize that both places are habited.

Metallic Debris:
The actual orbit can be plotted. It will intercept the atmospheric ring at the Neutron star, and brush the surface of the Red Giant, at 17.23 year intervals. Regular as clockwork. There's no way of knowing how long it has been doing this, but there seems to be evidence of repairwork on its hull. It was designed to devour matter and store it in the tanks. It should reach the neutron star in just a few days.

Neutron Star:
There is a small colony of life-forms. They are descendants of a crashed colony ship, and has survived in this ring for centuries. Ever since then, they have been plagued by a device that call the Devourer, or the Harvester, or simply the Beast. They have tried hiding from it, and attacking, but they don't have the skills or technology to fully defend themselves. They beg the obviously powerful starship for assistance. The Beast will show up in the next few days.

Red Giant:
This charred lump seems to have life-forms living in its core! There are many series of gravitational pulses coming from this rock, and the Universal Translator seems to be trying to decode it. Engineering and Sciences can modify the main deflector array to emit graviton pulses, to try to respond in kind. (see the TNG episode where they kill the Crystalline Entity) This culture has been living inside the rock for millennia. When their sun grew, they did not want to flee their planet: it was Home. So they seeded the nearby Neutron Star with life, and created the Harvester to fly back and forth to bring fresh resources. Recently, this supply has been poisoned with lethal proteins. Many beings are starving, and lacking breathable air. They still would rather perish than leave their homeworld, but they beg the powerful starship for assistance. Their Harvester should be arriving at the Neutron Star within a few days.

So now we've got a time limit and a group to help. If they did not dig deeper in all locations, they may think that the ring is habited, but the red giant civilization died out from the once-habitable moon. Or that since the ring is artificial, it wouldn't have sentient life. (Exterminate!) Or it may not realize the Object has a purpose, and destroy it before talking to anyone!

The Gamer may choose the "quick-and-dirty" method and help either group at any cost. Destroying the Beast will help the Neutron group, but kill the RedGiant group. Letting it go huts the Neutrons, AND poisons the RedGiants. Killing the Neutrons will help the Red Giants, but not so good for the Neutrons. The Gamer may also try to transport either colony to another location, but that may not be possible. Or perhaps, beam the Neutrons on board, let the Harvester do its thing, and then beam them back. Of course, that would just delay the issue. Once the Gamer has met BOTH colonies, they can learn that the Red Giants can give them access to the Beast. The Red Giants will give the Gamer the gravimetric access codes to transmit to the Beast, so it will avoid the populated areas of the atmospheric ring. They hadn't realized that the ring had been populated! This would be considered the "most successful" answer.

So what do you all think? Actually, I don't care. I'm making it a mission anyway, just to see if I can! Wink Anyone who want to offer advice, can jump in! Or if you guys want to take over the project, that's okay, too. The whole point is:
Have fun!

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 11-18-2002 09:58 PM Post subject:

Yesterdays Enterprise. Nuff said Wink

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Bridge Commander Universe
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 12-08-2002 08:55 PM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:

Yesterdays Enterprise. Nuff said Wink

Someone already did one on BCfiles. Dunno what it's like though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

pavel

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 12-11-2002 05:59 PM Post subject: My Idea !!!!!

first i have to say that i don't know much about writing python scripts !

My idea was to add a warpcore ejection system !

When you shoot at a ship's warpcore, and it reaches fx. 75% of it's "heal" the hole ship blow's up !

Isn't there any way to make a modified version of the launching framework that launches a warpcore, and set's the ship's energy to a minimum that only is enough to use sensor's and the impulse drive, but not shield's and weapon's ???

Maybe someone of you scripters try to make such thing !

Newbie 1

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 12-11-2002 08:27 PM Post subject:

great idea I hope that can be accomplished

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Paul Varley

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 03-05-2003 03:06 PM Post subject: warp core

is it possible to make a ship not to be destroyed if the ship looses its warp core

sneaker98

Staff Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 03-05-2003 04:54 PM Post subject:

yeah just turnoff critical on the warp core area of the ship's hardpoint

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Paul Varley

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 03-05-2003 09:34 PM Post subject:

i asked this because iwanted to know if you could lanunch a warp core like a shuttle and the cores power output goes too zero so in theory it would be like ejrcting the warp core obviously this needs alot of scripting and i am not a scripter but it would be good i am working on a warpcore model at this moment if anyone was wondering not finished it yet

Porthos Poo

Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Post Posted: 03-13-2003 11:05 PM Post subject:

Maybe disable the intercept speed when the warp core or warp engines are badly damaged.

16 of 21

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Location: Tactical Cube 579124857 Monitoring Alpha Quadrant species transmissions

Post Posted: 05-10-2003 07:38 PM Post subject:

The self destuct script? TG removed it before the game's release. Saffi says something like "Computer, initiate self destruct. Authorization: Larsen gamma1353" and then there is a countdown. I used to have the instructions to reenter the script, but I can't find them. I got them from Colin Carley at TG. The script disable self destruct in multiplayer.

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 05-10-2003 09:05 PM Post subject:

You mean that definition in TacticalinterfaceHandlers.py? I'm going to try that.

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.
BC Technical FAQ [Last updated 26/12/2005]
"Trust me, I'm a con artist" - Moist von Lipwig, "Going Postal, Discworld"