BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Babylon 5 mod pack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Master Toddy

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 08-25-2007 09:05 PM Post subject: Babylon 5 mod pack?

So we have a great Stargate mod pack which was recently released, an awesome Battlestar Galactica ship pack...but where's the Babylon 5 Pack? Is anybody working on one? I know there are several great ships released for B5 by Tiqhud (I think that's the right name) and others, but some of the ones that are out there are pretty dated and it would be neat to see them updated (like the older shadowcrab, victory, etc. - get rid of the BCmod format). I also remember seeing some b5 ships posted here a while like a vorlon ship that I don't remember ever being released...

It would be great to see someone make a B5 pack to do justice to the series, its one of my favorite sci-fi series and I'd be sweet if there were a pack that was on the level of the BSG and SG ship packs. Does anybody have any plans for anything like that?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

UPD Equinox

TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8
TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 08-26-2007 05:37 AM Post subject:

I think the problem with B5 ships is that they are complicated. And because they are complicated people tend to do high poly models of them. For instance over at BCC someone is doing an Earth Force ship, and its target is about 20,000 polies. A little to high to be usable in BC.

tiqhud

Pro-Captain
Pro-Captain

Post Posted: 09-01-2007 08:20 PM Post subject:

don't forget Thunderchild he did the WhiteStar, all I got to do was HardPoint some.

I didn't do it
If we don't learn from our Mistakes, we will surely repeat them.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
According to the way society is going, I'll need a college Degree just to change a light bulb

moed

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 09-05-2007 10:41 PM Post subject:

UPD Equinox wrote:
I think the problem with B5 ships is that they are complicated. And because they are complicated people tend to do high poly models of them. For instance over at BCC someone is doing an Earth Force ship, and its target is about 20,000 polies. A little to high to be usable in BC.

Technically, it's not so much the number of polys that make that much of a difference (to a point of course) it's more about the number and especially the size of textures. They will gobble up resources in BC like crazy.