BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me Installing mods (Dasher42's foundation Plugins.py)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JernejL

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 04-15-2007 07:47 PM Post subject: Help me Installing mods (Dasher42's foundation Plugins.py)

Okay, i'm trying to make a proper bc install with the most popular mods i picked for myself, i've got foundation installed, and nano fx 2.0 beta, i installed a bunch of ships in bcmod format with no problem whatsoever, but the problem is these older ships which instruct editing a file of the foundation mod which just simply isn't there! (Plugins.py), I installed foundation properly and the bcmod ships work normally, but i cannot figure out how to install these since the foundation plugin has no such plugins.py file that i can find!

i've checked

Here's a example of such a mod readme:

Quote:
Cardassian Hutet:

Installation:
-------------

Unzip the files into a temp directory on your hard disk, copy the files to your root Star Trek Bridge Commander directory.

Use BCMP version 4.4 or:

Edit Dasher42’s Plugins.py and add the following:

import Hutet

NOTE: Above line is CASE SENSITIVE, and make sure to ADD NO EXTRA SPACES BEFORE OR AFTER!

Here's another set of mods with a different problem, they instruct importing the ship in BCMP, i've got and installed bcmp 4.4 beta and there is no import ship option, can somebody explain how is this supposed to work?

Quote:

Unzip the files into a temp directory on your hard disk, open up the contents of the newly unzipped folder "BC_Achilles_USSLennox" copy the files inside that folder to your root Star Trek Bridge Commander directory. When asked to overwrite select OK. Open up BCMP(I use Beta 4.4) import the ship and enjoy!

Here's a topic i found about missing plugins.py files, it says that the file is simply not needed anymore (wtf?? ) i tried installing without editing it (just copying files) and as expected none of the mods work:
http://bridgecommander.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=235261&highlight=plugins+py&sid=2d06f3877d231603bd4d1dad5641a882#235261

Could someone please explain me and the rest of confused people how install these mods properly? there is absolutely almost zero mention of the plugins.py file on the forums, it's like a ghost, and many mods apparently need it to install properly.

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 04-15-2007 10:24 PM Post subject:

ok ok to install ships that don't have a scripts/custom/ships file you either make one by hand or use BCMP

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

JernejL

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 04-15-2007 11:06 PM Post subject:

Is there an tutorial describing how to use bcmp to make one or how can i make one manually (I'd rather make them manually than to use BCMP, that program is one big mess. )?

Also, what's all this stuff with TGL files in "ShipTGLs" folder?

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 04-16-2007 12:06 AM Post subject:

umm that was for all the ship info but you don't need to fool with the TGL files...

btw I would go here

http://bc-central.com/forums/index.php/board,7.0.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger