BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POLL: Best Console
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whats the best Console to play games
XBOX
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
PS2
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
GAMECUBE
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

Sim Rex

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 01-11-2005 07:28 PM Post subject:

Psycho_Nemesis wrote:
Mostly due to the lower price of the GBA now,

I thought it did great on release too.. Once the SP came out, anyway (non-kiddy appearance Wink)

Quote:
Also the idea of the wifi really was to make it so you did not need a link cable like before.

Yes, and it's a pretty cool idea that they're doing interesting things with (Picto-chat being an example).

Quote:
Ok ok I can see your point there, but personally I just find it useless untill given a good application of the duel screen thats my stance.

How can you find it useless when you've presumably never tried it?

Quote:
Well you could get a direct port, I mean say for example a game that is doing the game + map function on the DS, can make an easy port to the PSP. And yes while your example of BC is quite good, I'd find it somewhat annoying that I would be busy looking at a different screen to tell my crew to do something in midest of battle, but if you use the one screen set up as it is you can do the same simple thing of find a moment during the battle to do your adjustments, I see your point its a nice feature I'll give you that.

The problem with a direct port from DS -> PSP would be, what do you do with what used to be on the second screen? Squeeze the info onto an already very small screen? Designers are meanwhile having lots of fun porting *onto* DS, as they realise the scope the extra screen provides them to make their game unique in some way.

Quote:
You can even look at it like this Gameboy was out for how long the orginal, like it dominated the market for like a good decade. Game Gear which was vastly better with graphics and colour lost out to Nintendo because the better games were on Gameboy. Now've gone threw too many handhelds in too short a time. Then not only that but they dont have really MUST own games, I rather go to the PSP which will offer amazing titles for it.

I bet you'll find the PSP starts having a lot ported to it as well, though... For example, there's going to be a GTA game for it. But surely it's not going to be as good to play on a handheld? Not that I'm really a GTA fan anyway... I got bored after GTA3...

Quote:
Classic Nintendo rocked, but I think Nintendo's time has come and they must pass over the tourch, go thr route of Atari and start devloping games instead.

I guess time will tell, but I wouldn't count them out just yet. And I know which of the two handhelds I'll be buying once they're out in the UK Wink

-- The Fallen Angel - Iron Maiden(Smith/Harris)

For beginner scripters - The BCU Mission Scripting Lessons

Imperial_Destroyer

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 01-11-2005 08:51 PM Post subject:

something i notice go lost is the fact that SONY IS A BLOODY COPYCAT!!!! they have come up with almost NOTHING original.....when the rumble pack was added to the N64, they added rumble to the PS, when sony learned that the DS had wireless ablilities they CHANGED the PSP from USB 2.0 to wireless...........and I can tell you one thing that will be a great companion for the PSP, a belt/backpack battery setup and/or CAR ADAPTOR, the DS has the major advantage in the area of battery life, i don't even think you can turn off the backlight for the PSP, i don't remember them saying one way or the other....

the PSP doesn't even have touch screen
that is the easiest way to have analog on a handheld, plus the DS is a far supeior deisgn, IT FOLDS!!!! the DS can be put in a pocket or bag without fear of sctraching the screens, plus the PSP is as think as the DS is CLOSED, so what if it has a wider screen, or better graphics, GAMEPLAY is more important in a handheld, i want a good game over a flashy one, that is the prob with XBOX, so few have good gameplay, but at least you don't have to worry about where you put it......unlike the PS2, you put it in the wrong spot and ................ Burnt Microwave

Orion 5

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 01-11-2005 09:56 PM Post subject:

Were you attacked by a PS when you were a kid?

Ok so you don’t like Play Station. Your acting like Sony is going to destroy the world of video games. So you don’t like PS, no one is forcing you to play it or buy it. So chill out!

Imperial_Destroyer

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Posted: 01-12-2005 02:03 AM Post subject:

sorry, i can get passionate about my opinions, i'm an engie, and i am a mixture of scottish and other stuff, and they don't combine too well, and i'm tired of all these ppl saying how good the PS is and how it owns, they are so used to the PS and PS2 that they won't switch to anything else, and personally i use emulators where i can, and just "BORROW" other ppls systems if i want to play, with the exception of GBA, i may eventually buy the DS, BUT, i'm a college student with no job and running out of money

Psycho_Nemesis

Resident Psycho...Didnt You Read The Name ?
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 01-12-2005 02:38 AM Post subject:

Imperial_Destroyer wrote:
sorry, i can get passionate about my opinions, i'm an engie, and i am a mixture of scottish and other stuff, and they don't combine too well, and i'm tired of all these ppl saying how good the PS is and how it owns, they are so used to the PS and PS2 that they won't switch to anything else, and personally i use emulators where i can, and just "BORROW" other ppls systems if i want to play, with the exception of GBA, i may eventually buy the DS, BUT, i'm a college student with no job and running out of money

Umm I've tried all the systems, and used them, and the only one I can sit down and say is utter crap has to be Gamecube, Xbox I can say yes it is a nice console, but I rather my PS2 over it, thats not to say I dont like Xbox, if I had the spare change laying around yes I'd buy one.

Imperial_Destroyer

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Posted: 01-12-2005 03:28 AM Post subject:

then your one of the ppl i'm NOT talking about....though i still say you are wrong about the GC, though nintendo does have a lot going against them, mainly there one time attitude of only us contracts with game developers, that REALLY hurt them, and the PS2 really played off of the PS's popularity as well, though the PSP will flop in the end and go the way of the techno gadget.....like the N-gage, though it could play of the PS and PS2's popularity as well, i just can't believe that they are going with mini-disks and SONY memory sticks......bad decisions IMO, they could have at least added SOME on board EPROM, or soemthing.....oh well, ppl can be like the military sometimes, picking what is more popular instead of what has the better stats......(minor joke in there if you know military history, and some marketing history as well)

CaptAidy1701

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 01-12-2005 01:56 PM Post subject:

Imperial_Destroyer wrote:
minor joke in there if you know military history, and some marketing history as well)

Oh you mean the one about PS2 being used by terrorists to launch nukes yeah now that was funny.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Imperial_Destroyer

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Posted: 01-12-2005 02:33 PM Post subject:

uhh, no that is not what i meant, and i have never heard of that, i was talking about inferior plans and equip being chosen because the company was more popular with the brass and with consumers choosing the worse product because of the popularity with the brand, happened(s) a lot in the US becuase ppl are easily swayed by popularity, this is one reason Microsh** has remained a reality monopoly in the OS business even though there are other products out there

TopGun

CAG of the Battlestar Medusa
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 01-14-2005 11:07 PM Post subject:

I voted for PS2, since I have one Grin

Orion 5

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 01-15-2005 05:05 AM Post subject:

Yes, I have I PS2 and I like it.

TopGun

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 01-15-2005 09:47 AM Post subject:

Shattered Universe is cool

Cube

Astrophysics "FTW"
General
General

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 01-15-2005 12:46 PM Post subject:

I chose Gamecube

why?

PS2: Loads of games. 99% of them are crap.

Xbox: Powerful, nut hardly any good games

GameCube: It has Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, F-Zero,.

And did someone say kiddie?

Is Resident Evil with updated graphics kiddie?

Is Metroid Prime 2: Echoes kiddie?

Is one of the herdest racing games ever kiddie?

GameCube is ot a kiddie console!!

PS2 has WAY more kiddie games on it.

http://djcube.deviantart.com/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SlimyStrike

'Iw ra'wI' Sogh
'Iw ra'wI' Sogh

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 01-15-2005 01:54 PM Post subject:

GC has ay more kiddie games like: Zelda ( is say that to teaser you Razz, no i'm kidding it is just because i don't like game where you watch them from the sky it should be in 3d

Orion 5

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 01-15-2005 02:30 PM Post subject:

I had I GC and because of its sh***** I went out and got a PS2

Cube

Astrophysics "FTW"
General
General

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 01-15-2005 02:57 PM Post subject:

SlimyStrike wrote:
GC has ay more kiddie games like: Zelda ( is say that to teaser you Razz, no i'm kidding it is just because i don't like game where you watch them from the sky it should be in 3d

youre talking about ONE GC Zelda game. The wind Waker as beutiful 3Dcel-shaded graphics.

Theres aldo the 2 N64 Zeldas on it too.

And what about the next Zelda?

3D Realistic graphics, and horseback fighting!

Also, before Xbox and GC came out, a freind of mine wouldnt excepr that the Xbox would be crap (as i told him). He got an Xbox.

A week later he sold his Xbox and got a GameCube.

http://djcube.deviantart.com/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Post Posted: 01-15-2005 03:17 PM Post subject:

then hes DUMB

Sim Rex

Post Posted: 01-15-2005 03:43 PM Post subject:

People, people... At the end of the day, the "best" console is always going to be a personal preference. It's like pizzas. You like pepperoni, but someone else prefers ham and pineapple. They're not wrong, they just have a different opinion. Calling someone dumb for not liking pepperoni and liking ham and pineapple would be ridiculous, and so it is with games consoles. It's all very well having a favorite, and explaining why, but lambasting people for *their* favorite is not a good thing!

The fact is, all three machines are pretty good, all three have some entertaining games, and there is no right console or wrong console to have.

-- The Fallen Angel - Iron Maiden(Smith/Harris)

For beginner scripters - The BCU Mission Scripting Lessons

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Post Posted: 01-15-2005 03:50 PM Post subject:

you know you got a point no one is really going to come up and say which one is really the best its all a personal preference in the end.

TopGun

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 01-15-2005 10:50 PM Post subject:

1 thing that would make me buy a GC would be the Rogue Squadron games