BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BC2 work, delays and payments......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> Forum Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 05-11-2004 10:55 PM Post subject: BC2 work, delays and payments......

Ok, I have received a lot of questions about the status of BC2, payments for work done sofar, and the current status of affairs at Nightsoft. This is a heads up to let you guys know what is going on.

First, my absence has been due to a new internet service we received. We have had to rebuild our entire network to facilitate the best use of this system, and to ready ourselves for the 1.5 meg bandwidth we will move up to at the end of the year. We are preparing to host online gaming, so a lot of work has been needed at the office. This is causing my absence. I have tried to post the mesh work I have done whenever I had a moment or two, but that is the state of things with regard to my absence.

Now, on to BC2. Development has slowed for a few reasons. Some of the team members have either not received the compensation owed to them at this point, or have other issues that has slowed development. Other team members are not producing as they should.

As to the payments, there is a hold at present due to the fact that I made a payment drawn on Infinity project funds to a team member for another game, and that product was put on hold. This has left the payment in limbo, and now I am being questioned as to the intent from this rather large payment with no goods or services rendered. As soon as I have this cleared up, payments will resume. They are on hold for the time being until the board is satisfied that I did not commit any violations of my agreement with respect to fund disbursement. I am sorry about any problems this may have caused, but they are cracking down due to the cost of the new connection service we have.

I would also like to address my pickiness when it comes to designs, my latest method of making meshes, and lack of updates to the concept section on our site, as well as releases of completed meshes. Again, this has to do with time constraints at present. We are about 70 percent finished with the upgrades, and I have found it easier to crank out a mesh then to draw a pic. Also, some of the modelers have complained about my constant changes to their work, so this was an idea to make it easier for my original vision to be realized with less intervention. The designs are very important to the mod, and I have to treat them that way. The time constraint has also put updates on the site on the back burner, as more prevalent business takes precendence.

To those that have lost faith, I can only say this. As you know, this is a mod that needs to be done, but it is not just fun, ti is work. That is why compensation is offered. I ask that you bear with me and stick with the team. We have come too far to give up on each other now. When payments resume, we can get some of these meshes completed and out to the community.

Thanks for your attention, your interest, your hard work and patience.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Bridge Commander Universe
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 05-13-2004 11:19 AM Post subject:

if someone would get online I'd be able to get some work done...Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Armondikov

Tan tan ta ra, tzing boom!

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 09-21-2004 10:34 PM Post subject: Re: BC2 work, delays and payments......

Raven Night wrote:
Other team members are not producing as they should.

I'll plead ignorance and slowly walk away... Embarassed