BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finishing up the CG Sovereign 2.0 :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

eclipse74569

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 12-11-2005 03:16 PM Post subject:

I hate to resurrect threads and go against a mod's direct orders,

But a while back CG Posted a photo of the names and registries of the ships he's going to use in game.

One of them was Kyoto, if you'll look on Page 2 you'll see what I'm talking about.

After going through my scripts to sort things out and make specific menus for different ships, I noticed that the Intrepid Class Mod Pack has a ship named Kyoto. CG If you come back, and read this, the Kyoto in your sovereign pack might interfere with the Intrepid Class Mod Pack much like a few ships interferred with the SNS Galaxy and Galaxy Class Mod Pack, so a good suggestion would be to name the plugin and ship files KyotoSC or something similar to keep from interferring with the ICMP.

Again I appologize for disobeying a direct order from a mod, but I felt it necessary to inform People (Including CG) of this!

Thank you,
Roger

Chronocidal_Guy

Commodore
Commodore

Zodiac: Virgo

Post Posted: 01-13-2006 12:45 AM Post subject:

Hey folks. Oy. I hate college. Well, okay, maybe not, but I hate how much time it takes. (I had to pick aeronautical engineering as a major, instead of music, or english, or whatever... bleh)

Anyway, no, I'm not dead, I just haven't had time to even touch the Sov in a few months now. Been working almost full time on school, and most of the rest of my time is going to my Flight Sim work. The Tomcat model I showed a while back is almost done, but it's been intense. I just need to get it out soon, cause I need some form of income very soon. Couple that with my family moving, and everyday life, and that's where my time went.

I'm really sorry I've been keeping people waiting this long. Yes, good things take time, but this has been ridiculous. I've just divided up my time far too much, and can't seem to stick with one hobby/job. Razz

So, as far as the ship is concerned, I think it was almost entirely done.. last I remember I was waiting to see if I could put new torps in it with lens flares, but those never materialized.. or did they? I remember something not working right to begin with, and can't remember if it got fixed. I'd hoped to explore MVAM for the yacht, but realized that would take a complete remodel of that section of the ship.. as accurate as it may appear, the current yacht area would result in a pretty funny looking yacht. What I may do now is just invert the lower dome so it looks like the yacht is gone, and let people provide their own. It won't fit well, but it'll pass from a distance.

Btw, thanks for the note on the Kyoto, I may remove that one. I haven't had time to work out the naming system yet either, though, so nothing for that is finished. That's some of the stuff I never figured out, along with the shuttle launching framework.. if someone knows how to set that up well, I'd love some help with it. I love the modeling portion of this stuff, but once it gets to the scripting, it's kind of a battle between wanting it done, and wanting to make it myself.

In fact, as much as I like doing all the work, I need to get over myself, and just let you people help finish it. I've been sitting on it for wayyy too long, and it's not fair to everyone who's been waiting. Just beware, I might get picky and want to look over your stuff Wink I'm just too obsessive over little details. So, if anyone has the spare time to finish compiling the ship, and get it into something installable, I can get you the files. Most haven't changed too much, but the textures are quite a bit better now, and the model's more optimized. Might want to include both the original and newer hardpoints as options though. Seems kinda pointless now, though.. I mean, my flight sim models are topping 70-80 thousand polys a piece now.. this thing seems so low detail now. Mr. Green The computers have finally caught up to the models, hehehe...

Really though, I've been sitting around doing other stuff for too long, and it's time this thing came out... sheesh, the original Nemesis sov came out around the same time as the movie, and that was what, 3 years ago now? I don't want it to become 4. So, if anyone can handle large files, I can pack up and send the whole mess to em to compile. Smile I'd like some newer torps, but oh well. There are plenty out there. Maybe I'll just include the non-animated ones I did for a kick. Heck, I've probably forgotten how to make half the scripts for this game by now. Rolling Eyes

Ever feel like you're diagonally parked in a parallel universe?

eclipse74569

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 01-13-2006 01:02 AM Post subject:

Tempting....very tempting...

I've updated the 1.0 of this sovereign with several different modifications that it's not funny LOL. I'd like to see how it would work with 2.0 Wink hint hint

Roger

F9thDawg

Ensign
Ensign

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 01-13-2006 01:29 AM Post subject:

OutaLance Shipyards would be more than willing to help finish up the Sovereign 2.0. We have very skilled modders on our team Zambie Zan and Adonis plus we work with the Collective Alliance as well and im sure we can come up with a new torpedo just for this ship. Drop me an IM or PM

ModderMan

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 01-13-2006 02:45 AM Post subject:

MVAM yacht sounds good Smile

Shinzon

CA Mod Team Member
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 01-13-2006 04:39 AM Post subject:

on behalf of the Collective Alliance Mod Team, I think we'd be more than happy to help with finishing up this wonderful piece of art, whether it be HP wise, or a torpedo...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Mark

Co-Founder, 3rd Era
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 01-13-2006 09:03 AM Post subject:

weclome back C.

in terms of the skinning and damaging tool i think mleo should be the one to help u out there, as long as the textures and model is ready he should be able to do the rest (right mleo?)

also i seem to remember mleo saying the animated torps werent working properly ages ago and thats the last i heard... again best to wait for him to post here to find out

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 01-13-2006 11:59 AM Post subject:

Mark wrote:
weclome back C.

in terms of the skinning and damaging tool i think mleo should be the one to help u out there, as long as the textures and model is ready he should be able to do the rest (right mleo?)

I most certainly should be able to.Razz
I made the mod afterall.

Quote:
also i seem to remember mleo saying the animated torps werent working properly ages ago and thats the last i heard... again best to wait for him to post here to find out

A blast from the past, let me tell you that...
Let's see... The "current" system as it is now is slow, gives a performance hit when first fired. And the lensflare is something of a hack and can give problems.

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.
BC Technical FAQ [Last updated 26/12/2005]
"Trust me, I'm a con artist" - Moist von Lipwig, "Going Postal, Discworld"

Chronocidal_Guy

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 01-15-2006 01:30 AM Post subject:

Ok, I've got I think 7 registries now, but there's one thing I'm concerned about... the spec maps not showing up for the registry areas. I know that happens on Scotchy's galaxy pack, and I noticed it when I did the registry on the 1.0 Sov. I was really hoping to avoid that happening this time, since there's a lot of detail on the saucer that's only visible in the specular range.

Is there a way around this now, or would I need to essentially make 7 separate sovereign models, each using a different pair of textures?

Legion

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Zodiac: Scorpio

Post Posted: 01-15-2006 01:43 AM Post subject:

There's a fix out (by moed) for the spec problem on the SNS Galaxy, it should in theory be able to be used to fix this too.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20058

Smile

ModderMan

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 01-15-2006 01:43 AM Post subject:

Chronocidal_Guy wrote:
Ok, I've got I think 7 registries now, but there's one thing I'm concerned about... the spec maps not showing up for the registry areas. I know that happens on Scotchy's galaxy pack, and I noticed it when I did the registry on the 1.0 Sov. I was really hoping to avoid that happening this time, since there's a lot of detail on the saucer that's only visible in the specular range.

Is there a way around this now, or would I need to essentially make 7 separate sovereign models, each using a different pair of textures?

Are you using SDT ? If you are send me the ship file(s) and I can see if i can fix it. And if not send the ships files anyway and i can if i can fix it. I fixed on 1.0 Wink

Chronocidal_Guy

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 01-15-2006 04:26 AM Post subject:

Not using it yet, the test mod of the 2.0 sov I had only uses the Enterprise registry.

Phaser

Star Trek Canon Authority
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 01-15-2006 04:34 AM Post subject:

Legion wrote:
There's a fix out (by moed) for the spec problem on the SNS Galaxy, it should in theory be able to be used to fix this too.

Smile
That works on all of the ships except the USS Galaxy. (Does anyone know how to get it to work on that ship?)

Derbus

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 01-15-2006 06:40 AM Post subject:

Phaser wrote:
Legion wrote:

Smile
That works on all of the ships except the USS Galaxy. (Does anyone know how to get it to work on that ship?)

use the textures from the USS Seraphim pack

eclipse74569

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 01-15-2006 11:41 PM Post subject:

Well, you could always edit the ship file and use the SDT on it...that worked for me!

Roger W.

F9thDawg

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 01-16-2006 06:21 AM Post subject:

Well u may want to talk to Zambie Zan about using multiple registries on one ship since he has had success using it on his Miranda Ship Pack

Darkthorne

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 01-16-2006 07:35 AM Post subject:

I can set up SDT entries for you if necessary. done enough of them of late that its no problem.

moed

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 01-16-2006 08:58 AM Post subject:

Firstly, welcome back CG.

Secondly, I wish I was able to fix the spec problem specifically on the U.S.S. Galaxy in Scotchy's pack. As I stated in the thread where I posted the spec fix, I never was able to figure out why it didn't work on that one ship... but I do have some theories.

Finally, CG, did you ever get the PM that I sent you a while back?

Chronocidal_Guy

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 02-04-2006 07:38 AM Post subject:

I'm not sure I ever got it, and sorry for the late reply, I've been busy. Engineering is not a good major for someone with as many hobbies as I have. Razz

I'm looking for all the latest files for the Sov, and should have them up for everyone to use to their heart's content sometime this weekend.

Treleth

"so double the killer delete select all."
General
General

Post Posted: 02-04-2006 07:43 AM Post subject:

once I saw you were online, I knew you were going to psot Smile

So does this mean the 2.0 will be up this weekend? *drools* if true Smile

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 02-04-2006 08:07 AM Post subject:

Chronocidal_Guy wrote:
I'm not sure I ever got it, and sorry for the late reply, I've been busy. Engineering is not a good major for someone with as many hobbies as I have. Razz

I'm looking for all the latest files for the Sov, and should have them up for everyone to use to their heart's content sometime this weekend.

Well, files@bcfiles.com can handle the file I'm sure, or I could give you the ftp.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Rat Boy

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 02-04-2006 05:29 PM Post subject:

In between this and the Bridge Plugin, BC Files might have a stroke.

Download the first three stories here
"Eye for Eye" now showing

1701-E

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 02-04-2006 06:24 PM Post subject:

Rat Boy wrote:
In between this and the Bridge Plugin, BC Files might have a stroke.

Shhhhhhh don't say such things.

Chronocidal_Guy

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 02-04-2006 08:53 PM Post subject:

Well, it won't be the complete 2.0, but it should be all the files I have for it. I really want to put it all in a nice installer with multiple ships this time, I just haven't had time to learn how. So I'll leave it to those who know what they're doing. Smile

And ftp would be really helpful here, I'm going to be zipping the files up, but all told, I've got a LOT of files for this. We're talking a couple hundred megabytes of textures, just because the high detail ones are 16mb each. >_< Really glad I have a fast connection now... when I uploaded the 1.0 I did it on a modem. I just need to find that ftp manager I had once.. it's gotta be here somewhere......

Btw, I've got a yacht-less version of the model now. Don't have time to build a separate yacht, but I'm sure someone could patch one in. Smile

Treleth

"so double the killer delete select all."
General
General

Post Posted: 02-04-2006 09:04 PM Post subject:

We alrady have a yacht, just soem rescaling Smile, btw how much of the CGS do you have?

1701-E

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 02-04-2006 09:08 PM Post subject:

Treleth wrote:
We alrady have a yacht, just soem rescaling Smile, btw how much of the CGS do you have?

And a re-texture to match it with the CG Sov as well, the current textures are a whole diffrent colour compared to it.

Phaser

Star Trek Canon Authority
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 02-05-2006 05:01 AM Post subject:

Chronocidal_Guy wrote:
Btw, I've got a yacht-less version of the model now. Don't have time to build a separate yacht, but I'm sure someone could patch one in. Smile
That's great news.

Bigkap

Big Kap
Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Scorpio

Post Posted: 02-05-2006 05:51 AM Post subject:

Awsome!

USS Sovereign

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: 05-05-2006 02:39 AM Post subject:

Quote:
I really want to put it all in a nice installer with multiple ships this time, I just haven't had time to learn how. So I'll leave it to those who know what they're doing.

If you want me I can handle the installer part lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 05-07-2006 09:59 PM Post subject:

offtopic discussion deleted-starforce2

On topic: I look forward to getting my hands on the CG Sovereign 2.0, and as such I sit patiently waiting for the announcement of it's release or in the very least that Chronocidal Guy makes an update in this thread.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger