BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bridge Commander Graphocs system upgrade...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

OOPSTER

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 05-20-2007 07:39 PM Post subject: Bridge Commander Graphocs system upgrade...

Anyone played Fleetops mod for Armada2 will know what a difference that mod makes for the game. Not only did it change the game play, it updated it with totally new grapics. that mod was 10Xtimes better in graphocs then when the game came out.

The point is... We need to see a improvement like this in Bridge Commander. Adding new ships to the game is not really improving game replayability. there needs to be Advanced AI scripts. A new graphocs system that improves on the games engine. New types of battles,,, Advanced ship controlls. There are alot of mods out there. They need to be combined into a super mod.

the most important is the Graphics. We all love the Eyecandy, I'd love to see a mod for BC that allows you to use it as a screen saver.

Fleetops uses volume lights to add glows to the ships in game, and upgrades the nebulas with new textures and the astriod fiels with new graphics.

Can BC graphics system be upgraded ?

If so, what are the of the things you would like to see done ?

I'd like to see widescreen support & new glows, nebulas that are 3d nebulas , where you can fly around in them, and hide in them, and yet your ship does not have to be covered in nebula gas to look like it's in the nebula. Also a new space map. instead of a shpere or cube map. how about a deep dish style pizza box map, like armada uses. So battles are more in style in star trek and not so crazy liek star wars.. ALSO limits on ship phyics.. like max pitch & roll & yall , thrust. Take BC and turn it into a full scale ship to ship battle or Fleet vs. fleet blattle like Armada. that you can controll each ship or just your own and give out commands With a pause buton or turn based style command. and watch your ships follow out your commands. I think with added ship phyics would inpromve BC & with new graphocs and game play will Bring more gameplay back into everyones lifes who love this game. Post your comments and please do not spam. Leave your ideas on how to improve the games graphics and gameplay.

RCgothic

Assistant Site and Operations Director
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 05-21-2007 12:12 PM Post subject:

Let me list the things you've suggested.

New graphics engine. - Nanobyte is working on a new game engine but it is not specifically a BC mod. It could be customised to do all the things you are saying.
Upgraded AI. - I think there are a few floating about.
New types of battles. - There are a few scripts floating about.
Advanced ship controls. - Stafing commands have been added, and the level of control over ship systems has been massively increased already.
Glows. - Already supported in the basic graphics engine.
Widescreen support. - Don't know that this is possible.
Nebulas. - Already implemented in the basic game.
Different shaped maps. - Don't know if this is possible.
Fleet Battles. - Already modded.

What I'd most like to see:
Joystick support. but I'm sure that's not possible with the current engine.

OOPSTER

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 05-21-2007 02:59 PM Post subject:

Bridge commander uses NetImmerse 3.0 engine. The company that made it, now has a 4.2 game engine out. I wounder if we could swap to the newer engine ?

Also this, seems to be the latest of there game engines. Gamebryo 2.2 engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebryo

http://www.emergent.net/index.php/homepage/news/news?action=news-detail&id=433

SWEET in game video of the GameBryo engine in action. http://www.emergent.net/contentstatic/images/mpg/depth-of-field.html