BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOS Canon Mod Pack (TCMP) -- Updated 4/26/08
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should the registry number be for the USS Daedalus?
NCC-01
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
NCC-001
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
NCC-100
45%
 45%  [ 25 ]
NCC-150
41%
 41%  [ 23 ]
Other (Please Specify)
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 55

Phaser

Star Trek Canon Authority
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 12:49 AM Post subject: TOS Canon Mod Pack (TCMP) -- Updated 4/26/08

I've been working on this since around October of last year, and it's long past time for me to make a thread about it, so here it is, the
TOS Canon Mod Pack (a.k.a. TCMP).

I've been working over the last few months to completely revamp many of the TOS models currently out for BC. I haven't been making my own models from scratch for two reasons:
1) I've only just starting modeling with 3DS Max, and because of real life, I have very little time to learn the program.
2) I feel that the TOS models currently out for BC are actually quite good! They just need better textures, a few model tweaks, and new hardpoints. And that's exactly what I've done. It's not finished yet (which is why this thread is in the Modding Forum and not the Mods and Downloads Forum), but I'd say I'm around 90% done. I've contacted many of the people involved in the production of the original ships, and obtained permissions from all of them. There are a few, however, whom have not responded to my e-mails (CMD, Anduril, and Stresspuppy). Nevertheless, I have credited them all in the readme, and would like to publicly thank them for their contributions to BC and this mod! (If any of you have information as to their whereabouts, please send me a PM or drop me a line on MSN messenger)

As the name implies, this mod will give a canon look and feel to the ships of The Original Series that are available for BC. This mod includes Anduril's TOS Constitution Class and Saladin Class models, CMD's Daedalus Class model, Type 1 Shuttle model, and K-7 Station model. The readme file has all the details about this mod (and yes, I know it's long, but you guys know me: I like to be thorough!Wink):

Readme wrote:
TOS Canon Mod Pack
By Phaser

-----What's In Here?-----
The Constitution Class, Saladin Class, Type 1 Shuttle (rescaled), K-7 Station, and Daedalus Class.

All files necessary to use this mod are included in this zip file:
-Models
-Textures
-Sound Effects
-Hardpoints (.py files are included so you can tweak the hardpoint if it isn't to your liking)
-Tactical Icons
-Scripts\Custom\Ships files (The .py files are included, so if you don't like the name or location of the ship in the menu, you can move it with ease. If you don't know how to do that, just use BCMP.)
-Scripts\Custom\Carriers files for the Constitution's new shuttle launching framework

-----Warning-----
This WILL override the original models, textures and hardpoints of the Type 1 shuttle and the K-7 Station. Make sure to back them up! (All other ships have new names and folders, so they will not override the originals)

-----Installation-----
1. Unzip the files
2. Copy and paste the files into their respective BC folders
3. Enjoy!

-----Changes-----

Constitution Class:
-Completely new saucer textures (dorsal and ventral) and glows. This includes new hull markings and canon window locations on the ventral side, very mild scortch marks on the bow of the dorsal hull, and a new grid on the saucer that is barely visible (the grid lines were drawn IN PENCIL on the 11 FOOT studio model, so they shouldn't be easily visible. This retexture reflects that fact).

-Significantly reduced contrast between the hull and the grid lines/age marks, and an overall lighter shade and slightly different hue. The ship now appears extremely close to how it did throughout TOS and in the rare appearances on later shows (without the grainy quality of TOS, of course). The grid lines and other hull lines are still visible, but only after looking closely at the hull.

-The windows on the neck of the ship have been reorganized in a canon fashion.

-The aft windows of the secondary hull have been reorganized in a canon fashion.

-The glow on the shuttle bay doors has been significantly reduced, and the glows in the surrounding areas have been tweaked.

-The deflector dish and housing now has a canon hue. The dish texture has been cleaned up a little, as well.

-Overhauled glows. Everything, down to which windows are lit, now appear as they did in The Original Series and in the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-ations."

-Completely new bussard collector textures, glows, and animation textures. The bussard collectors now appear somewhere in between how they appeared in The Original Series and the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-ations." I chose not to go with exactly how they appeared in TOS because that look too grainy, and would have appeared cartoon-like. Instead, I chose a balance between the grainy, but canon look in TOS, and the crisp, but slightly over-detailed version seen in "Trials and Tribble-ations."

-Tweaked hardpoint. The phasers are no longer thick in the middle, and the phaser arcs have been tweaked a bit. Numerous systems have had their hitpoints redone to match my set-up, but they are extremely easy to change using the MPE, or any text editor such as Notepad, Wordpad, or Microsoft Word.

-The Shuttle-Launching Framework has been added to this ship! The ship can now launch three Type 1 shuttles. You can still use this ship even if you don't have the shuttle-launching framework or the Type 1 shuttlecraft. You just won't be able to launch the shuttle.

-New TGL file (ship description that appears in-game).

Saladin Class:
-Completely new saucer textures, similar in style to that of the Constitution. Differences include which windows are lit, the location of a few windows on the ventral saucer, weathering, and of course, the registry.

-Completely new glows.

-Texture changes to the neck and nacelle, similar to what's been done to the Constitution.

-Tweaked hardpoint, scaled to the Constitution Class included in this mod. This ship has less fire power than the Constitution, but without a secondary hull and only one nacelle, she has less weight to lug around then the Constitution, so she's fast.

-There used to be a small gap in the model between the neck and the nacelle. This has been fixed.

Daedalus Class:
-Much more detailed and realistic hull textures, including new bussard collector textures.

-New glows.

-New Registry font and hull markings.

-The mesh error that caused the ship's shadow to appear split has been repaired.

-New hardpoint. The ship now has four thin, red lasers (two forward, one port, and one starboard), and two forward Spacial Torpedo launchers. The ship's power distribution systems have also been significantly modified. Let's just say this ship will really bring out the game's power distribution aspect (see the ship description in game for more information).

-New, unique sound effects for the lasers.

K-7 Station:
-Smoothing errors in the model have been repaired. The pylons connecting the three outer habitats/storage areas now appear as they should.

-Completely new glows.

-The shuttle bay has been completely retextured in a canon fashion.

-Significantly reduced contrast between the hull and the grid lines/age marks, and an overall lighter shade and slightly different hue.

-Reorganized window layout in the 'core' area of the station. There are now 21 decks of windows in that area; exactly the number seen on-screen.

Type 1 Shuttle:
-Properly rescaled model (thanks to Cube).

-Rescaled hardpoint to match the model.

-----Credits-----

Constitution:
Original Model, Textures, and Hardpoint: Anduril
New Textures, Hardpoint, and TGL file: Phaser
Shuttle-Launching Framework: Sleight42
Actual Shuttle-Launching Script: Online program made by Defiant

Saladin:
Original Model, Textures, and Hardpoint: Anduril
Tweaked Model: Phaser

Daedalus:
Original Model, Textures, and Hardpoint: CMD
New Textures, Hardpoint, TGL file, and Sound Effects: Phaser

K-7 Station:

Type 1 Shuttlecraft:
Rescaled Model: Cube
Rescaled Hardpoint: Phaser
TGL file: Phaser

-----Thanks-----
-Andurial, for the incredible Constitution model
-Cube, for not only rescaling the Type 1 shuttle, but for converting the .nif meshes to .3ds for me. This mod wouldn't exist without you!
-Nebula, for testing the contents of the zip file, and for being there when I needed to vent frustration and when I wanted to show off my progress.
-Dragon, for his great tutorial on adding the shuttle-launching scripts, and for trying to help me get the shuttle to return properly.
-Defiant, for his online program that can generate shuttle-launching scripts.
-starforce2, for providing me a means with which to contact StressPuppy
-USS Sovereign, for helping me get the Daedalus laser sounds to work properly.
-TiqHud, for giving me permission to mod his Federation Class starship (I have decided, however, not to include that ship in this version of TCMP).
-Nanobyte, for creating BCMP. That program makes things so much easier!
-A special thanks to Mr. Nick Porcino for his wonderful dorsal and ventral registy textures, which I used as a base for my retexture of the ships' saucers.

-----Legal-----
Star Trek, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager (and the various logo devices used in them) are copyright Paramount Pictures, as are the characters, related images, and sound from the productions.[/size]
There's so many people to credit and thank that I've probably overlooked someone. If so, I apologize in advance. Please let me know about my mistake by contacting me through the PM system, MSN Messenger, or posting in this thread.

As I said already, the mod isn't quite finished. I still have to do some of the model tweaks listed in the readme, so the shots below aren't quite the finished versions, but the textures and hardpoints are finished.

And now, for a taste of this mod, some screenshots:

jayru

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Zodiac: Cancer
Location: A cozy little house in the dales of Derbyshire in little old England

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 12:59 AM Post subject:

This looks like one to look forward to!

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 01:01 AM Post subject:

Andural is still letting his stuff in BC and from why I heard is back, I think I can dig him up as he's an outalance team member now. Stress is on my msn every now and then. He requires permission for modifications and conversions if you've done any, if you are using exsisting works of his and not modifying them other than scripting or scale he should be good with just a notification because he already gave the ok for them, probably even ported by me. I know I did a dump a while back of several stress ships.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

BlackRook32

Major
Major

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 01:04 AM Post subject:

Very Nice work there. Defiantely like the entire look.

-BR32

starforce2

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 01:18 AM Post subject:

Akami has a divinci shuttle I plan on porting, if u want it. Andurils asian port just went up on BCfiles and so did a pair of major racal tos, anton and chandley class, if u are interested in adding them, and the 2 by racal have free use policies.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

F9thDawg

Ensign
Ensign

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 01:31 AM Post subject:

Excellent work there Phaser. Im looking forward to download when u release it.

Sandtrooper

totlh
totlh

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 01:53 AM Post subject:

starforce2 wrote:
Stress requires permission for modifications and conversions if you've done any

<Off Topic> So that means I can't release any modifications to any ship of his like hardpoint changes? </OT>

This looks awesome Phaser! Can't wait to get my hands on this! When this is released, I might make a hardpoint emulating ST: 25th Ann.'s weapons...(depending if thats allowed or not)

Believe it or Not
George is Not
HOME!!!

moed

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 02:17 AM Post subject:

Incredible work! I look forward to this download.

JamesTiberiusKirk

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 02:53 AM Post subject:

never were a fan of tos, but hey, it seems that i will become one Smile good wor

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 02:57 AM Post subject:

Thanks, everyone!

starforce2 wrote:
Andural is still letting his stuff in BC and from why I heard is back, I think I can dig him up as he's an outalance team member now. Stress is on my msn every now and then. He requires permission for modifications and conversions if you've done any, if you are using exsisting works of his and not modifying them other than scripting or scale he should be good with just a notification because he already gave the ok for them, probably even ported by me. I know I did a dump a while back of several stress ships.
Thanks. If you can get me his e-mail, I'd appreciate it.

After consulting with DJ Curtis and ChiefBrex, I've decided not to include Stresspuppy's Federation Class in this pack. I've completely retextured and rehardpointed that model, but after consulting with DJ Curtis, it has become clear that the mesh has many, many problems. I've fixed some of the worst ones, but I don't know how fix most of the other problem areas.

I've been encouraged to make a new version of that model from scratch, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen any time soon, because my skills are still extremely limited (and I don't have a lot of time in which I can learn). However, as they improve, I'll be slowly fixing up that mesh (I don't think it's a lost cause Wink). Unless a new model is released that fits perfectly with this pack, I will eventually release a revamped version of that model (It's likely that a new model will come out that will fit with this pack, but I'll probably have to redo its textures and hardpoint. That's no problem, though).

starforce2 wrote:
Akami has a divinci shuttle I plan on porting, if u want it. Andurils asian port just went up on BCfiles and so did a pair of major racal tos, anton and chandley class, if u are interested in adding them, and the 2 by racal have free use policies.
Thanks, and I did check them out, but I'm only interested in canon TOS ships (hence the name of the mod: TOS Canon Mod Pack Wink). If you can find me a canon screenshot that shows the Davinci shuttle, I'll gladly look into including it (from the schematic I found here, it looks cool regardless), but I have no knowledge indicating that that ship is canon.

I also saw the Suyra Class model that was recently uploaded on BCFiles.com. I'm considering adding that model to a future pack, but that'll be a ways off (there are some things on that model that I'd like to tweak, but I don't yet know how).

Mark

Co-Founder, 3rd Era
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 10:58 AM Post subject:

you might wanna check these out, the impulse engines on the rear of the saucer are blue on this one.

Are the bussards animated on that model?

anyway looks good, hope those renders help.

starforce2

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 12:35 PM Post subject:

Sandtrooper wrote:
starforce2 wrote:
Stress requires permission for modifications and conversions if you've done any

<Off Topic> So that means I can't release any modifications to any ship of his like hardpoint changes? </OT>

This looks awesome Phaser! Can't wait to get my hands on this! When this is released, I might make a hardpoint emulating ST: 25th Ann.'s weapons...(depending if thats allowed or not)

hardpoints a fair game. But model and textures you need his ok for, but he aint that ahrd to find.

Also, have you considered lord schtups federation class? Additionaly, don't forget atra hasis's cargo vessels found in my tos supermod beta (or did I not include those?) they're technicly from TAS, which was TOS in animated form so technicly still canon. As was the bonaventure, which I know I released, by the same author.

ChiefBrex

Commodore
Commodore

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 06:23 PM Post subject:

Looks good Phaser. Keep up the good work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 06:30 PM Post subject:

You only included the Saladin and the Federation in that mod, Starforce. Also, I can't find this other Federation model you speak of. Could you give me a link?

guy61386

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 07:06 PM Post subject:

Nice nice. What about the Bonaventure, Federation2, Medusa, Merced, Sydney, Zandura, Archeron, Antares, Antares2, Antares3, Antares4, Antares5, Hokule'A, Rigel classes? Could you maybe make a list on the WIPs that will be in this ship pack?

ChiefBrex

Commodore
Commodore

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 07:18 PM Post subject:

guy61386 wrote:
Nice nice. What about the Bonaventure, Federation2, Medusa, Merced, Sydney, Zandura, Archeron, Antares, Antares2, Antares3, Antares4, Antares5, Hokule'A, Rigel classes? Could you maybe make a list on the WIPs that will be in this ship pack?

This is only a TOS Ship Pack Phaser's working on. He included a list of vessels in his first post.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Treleth

"so double the killer delete select all."
General
General

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 07:23 PM Post subject:

I was wondering when you would be announcing this Smile great work!

starforce2

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 10:50 PM Post subject:

I can dig it up, I thought I ahd the bonaventure in, I'll see if I can find the fregithers too. Been a while since I worked on this mod so I hope I can find all the parts.

guy61386

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Post Posted: 03-05-2006 11:15 PM Post subject:

Starforce, how many ships do you have laying around? lol

starforce2

Post Posted: 03-06-2006 02:41 AM Post subject:

By the hundred...lol And if I don't have it I can probably get it.

Shinzon

CA Mod Team Member
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 03-07-2006 02:49 AM Post subject:

wow phaser, this is looking good!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 03-13-2006 11:25 PM Post subject:

Update:

For the past week or so, I've been using 3DS Max to fix various mesh problems, such has the doors on the Type 1 shuttle, and the shading problem on the pylons of the K-7 station. I've also fixed some problems with the ships, such as the neck of the Saladin not properly intersecting the nacelle.

Though that sort of stuff doesn't take very long to do, I've also had to repair the models after having them converted (thanks, ModelsPlease and Cube) through Milkshape from .nif to .3ds--weld various vertices and such. That's the most time-consuming part of this. I'm almost done, though. I hope to be finished with the models by the end of the week (I can't make any promises, though).

DJ Curtis

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 03-14-2006 01:07 AM Post subject:

Well I for one am certainly looking forward to your work.

Cube

Astrophysics "FTW"
General
General

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 03-14-2006 06:58 PM Post subject:

Phaser, I'll need the .tga textures to be able to convert the models.

http://djcube.deviantart.com/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 03-14-2006 08:11 PM Post subject:

Done and done.

Now get back on MSN! Razz

lost_jedi

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 03-14-2006 08:15 PM Post subject:

Looking stunning Phaser!!! Grin

Bigkap

Big Kap
Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Scorpio

Post Posted: 03-14-2006 08:25 PM Post subject:

Yeah this is looking really good man!

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Post Posted: 03-14-2006 09:13 PM Post subject:

It;s a great pac.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Shinzon

CA Mod Team Member
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 03-14-2006 10:43 PM Post subject:

hope cube converts these soon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KirkNCC1701

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 03-15-2006 07:54 PM Post subject:

Hi phaser, these are looking great, i've always noticed that there where no new tos connies. I'd like to stress though, that i made some discoveries while trying to improve the model. Where the ship registry is, the upper saucer section front is slightly deformed. I don't know if u can fix it, but i thought i'd let u know.