BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone had this happen to them
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

USS Houstoun-A

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 06-27-2005 11:52 PM Post subject: Has anyone had this happen to them

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/8/others/39.jpg

I have never seen it... maybe there is an animation file to make this possible to crew members?

CaptainKeyes

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 12:27 AM Post subject:

LOL! OMG AWESOME!!!!

that is sooo cool!

ANYWAY, back on topic.

the only things that i had happen to me that were similar were when my Engineer on the Galaxy bridge sunk halfway into the floor after getting repeatedly pounded by other ships, and once when one of the extra crewmembers seemed to fall over on the floor. It was the "standing" animation, but horizontal.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

BoPfan90

Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 12:28 AM Post subject: Re: Has anyone had this happen to them

USS Houstoun-A wrote:

I have never seen it... maybe there is an animation file to make this possible to crew members?

Wow I've never seem that before but I have asked about it. People told me it couldn't be done or if done it would look bad. Please do me a favor and figure out what mod that is.

CaptainKeyes

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 12:30 AM Post subject:

It's not a mod, cause i had it happen to me on an unmodded BC install. most likely a glitch, although a cool one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Adm_Ross

Ensign
Ensign

Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom, Earth, Sol System Sector 001

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 12:51 AM Post subject: Re: Has anyone had this happen to them

USS Houstoun-A wrote:

Is it a bird, is it a plane no it's super-ensign

We Survive! Long Live the Terran Empire

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 01:27 AM Post subject:

LOL noobs....

this happens all the time during hard battles and when your bridge gets nocked around... though only on the sov bridge.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Adm_Ross

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 01:30 AM Post subject:

Nebula wrote:
LOL noobs....

this happens all the time during hard battles and when your bridge gets nocked around... though only on the sov bridge.

I know, I've just never quite seen it actually happen just the end result

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Adm_Ross

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 01:31 AM Post subject:

Nebula wrote:
LOL noobs....

I know, I've just never quite seen it actually happen just the end result

Phaser

Star Trek Canon Authority
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 04:40 AM Post subject: Re: Has anyone had this happen to them

USS Houstoun-A wrote:

That happens all the time (if you're getting your butt kicked, that is). Here's a PotD of mine from a while ago that used that animation, but a glitch resulted. The crewmember just stayed there in the floor! It was perfect, considering that both Saffi and Miguel look down there every now and then, as they did in the shot!

Meteorafallen

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 04:52 AM Post subject:

Yea this has hapend to me befor it would be cool if there was a mod where they could do that if ur ship got hit hard enough but get back up and continue their duites lol i remember that Potd i thought it was on of the most funny than besides what ive seen lately on Effiles.com with those voyager fake out takes lol

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Nebula

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 05:14 AM Post subject: Re: Has anyone had this happen to them

Phaser wrote:
USS Houstoun-A wrote:

That happens all the time (if you're getting your butt kicked, that is). Here's a PotD of mine from a while ago that used that animation, but a glitch resulted. The crewmember just stayed there in the floor! It was perfect, considering that both Saffi and Miguel look down there every now and then, as they did in the shot!

LOL that pic isn't even worth being potd.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

USS Houstoun-A

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 12:01 PM Post subject:

I had something happen like phaser's ensign. exept she was just on the floor moving a bit but just laying there-I also think bridge commander said crewmembers die- does anyone think they look dead when they lay on the floor?

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 01:41 PM Post subject:

I can "induce" (in the console) the animation on both the Sovereign and the Galaxy bridges, the other bridges don't have the animations required.

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.
BC Technical FAQ [Last updated 26/12/2005]
"Trust me, I'm a con artist" - Moist von Lipwig, "Going Postal, Discworld"

captain_obvious

the ultimate n00b.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 02:36 PM Post subject:

MLeo wrote:
I can "induce" (in the console) the animation on both the Sovereign and the Galaxy bridges, the other bridges don't have the animations required.

blegh, mleo bragging again! Smile

back on topic.

i've never actually seen that happen before, as i've never really had my backside kicked that badly before :p lol, no, i just stay in tactical mode all the time unless i really feel like going to bridge mode.

Your mind is an incubator for good ideas, it just takes a while for them to develop.
But when you think of something, watch out!
Your thoughts tend to be huge, and they come on quickly - like an explosion.
You tend to be quiet around others, unless you're inspired by your next big idea.

What Pattern Is Your Brain?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatpatternisyourbrainquiz/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 03:04 PM Post subject:

captain_obvious wrote:

back on topic.

Neutral

I believe I was on topic. Because I have been able to make it happen.

Besides, I thought Madon made a bridge mod that did this?

How to beat the Black Screen Of Death and Script problems Also handles Console/Screen/Error report/dump.

USS Houstoun-A

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 03:06 PM Post subject:

Really?

Adm_Ross

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 06-28-2005 03:27 PM Post subject: Re: Has anyone had this happen to them

Phaser wrote:

Oh yeah I thought Starforces title was funny (I just checked it out) But the orginal is funny I can just hear Saffi's next line. "Your relieved Ensign! Report to the Brig!"

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 06-29-2005 03:03 AM Post subject: Re: Has anyone had this happen to them

Nebula wrote:
Phaser wrote:
USS Houstoun-A wrote:

Gee, thanks Nebula. Your kind words touch my heart. Flip off
I appreciate your thorough and well-thought-out critique of my old screenshot.

In rebuttal: It was "worth" being PotD at the time I submitted it. Perhaps you didn't bother reading my comment on the page for which this shot was made? In case you didn't, here is what it says:

"Phaser here. Yes, this is my PotD. HOWEVER, the title you read was NOT my title. That little gem was the handiwork of starforce2. The REAL title is "Awww, did you fall down?"

Explanation: I was simply making fun of a funny little glitch in BC (no #12, this isn't a mod in which the models sometimes end up in odd places after or during a battle). Having both Saffi--I hate her! Thank you to the person who made the 'Saffi Be Silent' mod! I love it!--and Miguel looking at her really added to the shot. Lastly, when I submitted this PotD (a few weeks ago), you guys were complaining about how you wanted something different for PotD than damaged ships and/or ships in combat.

Those three factors were what led me to submit this shot. However, since this shot wasn't posted until well after you guys stopped complaining (rightfully so) about the quality of recent PotDs, the effect was gone (thanks for helping me out, starforce2. You really know how to get 'em to laugh!--Sarcasm). Remember, don't always believe that the title is what the maker of the picture intended to convey.

-Phaser"

Adm_Ross wrote:
Oh yeah I thought Starforces title was funny (I just checked it out) But the orginal is funny I can just hear Saffi's next line. "Your relieved Ensign! Report to the Brig!"

Heheh. Yea, she's a p***k, all right. Thanks, Adm_Ross.

vulgarity is not permitted in this forum - jb76

Nebula

Post Posted: 06-29-2005 03:35 AM Post subject: Re: Has anyone had this happen to them

Phaser wrote:
Nebula wrote:
Phaser wrote:
USS Houstoun-A wrote:

Gee, thanks Nebula. Your kind words touch my heart. Flip off
I appreciate your thorough and well-thought-out critique of my old screenshot.

In rebuttal: It was "worth" being PotD at the time I submitted it. Perhaps you didn't bother reading my comment on the page for which this shot was made? In case you didn't, here is what it says:

"Phaser here. Yes, this is my PotD. HOWEVER, the title you read was NOT my title. That little gem was the handiwork of starforce2. The REAL title is "Awww, did you fall down?"

Explanation: I was simply making fun of a funny little glitch in BC (no #12, this isn't a mod in which the models sometimes end up in odd places after or during a battle). Having both Saffi--I hate her! Thank you to the person who made the 'Saffi Be Silent' mod! I love it!--and Miguel looking at her really added to the shot. Lastly, when I submitted this PotD (a few weeks ago), you guys were complaining about how you wanted something different for PotD than damaged ships and/or ships in combat.

Those three factors were what led me to submit this shot. However, since this shot wasn't posted until well after you guys stopped complaining (rightfully so) about the quality of recent PotDs, the effect was gone (thanks for helping me out, starforce2. You really know how to get 'em to laugh!--Sarcasm). Remember, don't always believe that the title is what the maker of the picture intended to convey.

-Phaser"

Adm_Ross wrote:

Heheh. Yea, she's a p***k, all right. Thanks, Adm_Ross.

ROFLMAO ok, ok, I give up, I give up ROFLMAO

Nexxus21

Ensign
Ensign

Location: Planet:Earth Vectors: 29-20-22.0000N / 098-28-27.000W

Post Posted: 06-29-2005 12:44 PM Post subject:

Actually I have never seen that shot before...and I think it is worthy of a picture of the day something a little different..... But the caption should read : I got it.... I got it.... I ain't got it! or Dive! Dive! or even Oh SH%T! ...... because you know that's gonna hurt on touch down Exclamation

To Boldly Go!

Gareth

Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 06-29-2005 02:43 PM Post subject:

well I had a guy that was dead for ages (usually, they somehow seem to dissapear afterwards), but he was down there for quite a while!

captain_obvious

the ultimate n00b.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: 06-29-2005 04:40 PM Post subject:

MLeo wrote:
captain_obvious wrote:

back on topic.

Neutral

I believe I was on topic. Because I have been able to make it happen.

Besides, I thought Madon made a bridge mod that did this?

mleo, i was getting my post on topic Razz

anyway, i think the guy on the floor ate too many cookies and is paying for it now Confused

Your mind is an incubator for good ideas, it just takes a while for them to develop.
You tend to be quiet around others, unless you're inspired by your next big idea.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 06-29-2005 07:02 PM Post subject:

Nexxus21 wrote:
Actually I have never seen that shot before...and I think it is worthy of a picture of the day something a little different..... But the caption should read : I got it.... I got it.... I ain't got it! or Dive! Dive! or even Oh SH%T! ...... because you know that's gonna hurt on touch down Exclamation

Thanks, Nexxus21. Funny titles. The reason I chose to name it what I did is because Saffi (and to a lesser extent, Miguel) appear to be staring at her, that's all.

Gareth wrote:
well I had a guy that was dead for ages (usually, they somehow seem to dissapear afterwards), but he was down there for quite a while!

That's a lot like mine. Strange, huh?

JimmyB76

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 06-29-2005 07:04 PM Post subject:

captain_obvious, mleo wasnt bragging (i think you were joking?) but even if he did, i would say he would practically have the right to, considering all the work he's done for BC, and the level of his knowledge of it's inner workings...
Razz

William T. Riker

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 06-29-2005 09:40 PM Post subject:

On the subject of dying crew member:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Spontaneous_combustion_Saffi;7633x#641779
Muhahaha... best mod ever! Twisted Evil

Sometimes, the most simple thing is the most rewarding. Mr. Green

Nebula

Post Posted: 06-30-2005 01:00 AM Post subject:

hehehe Twisted Evil

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 06-30-2005 02:40 AM Post subject:

Twisted Evil Burn baby, burn! Twisted Evil
I think I recall seeing that mod a while ago. Does Saffi actually disappear once the fire appears and/or once it's out?

I just got an idea: After the fire goes out, let Saffi still be there, but change her texture so she looks terribly burnt! Hahaha.

William T. Riker

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 06-30-2005 03:52 AM Post subject:

Phaser wrote:
Twisted Evil Burn baby, burn! Twisted Evil
I think I recall seeing that mod a while ago. Does Saffi actually disappear once the fire appears and/or once it's out?

She will still be there, unfortunately.

Phaser wrote:
I just got an idea: After the fire goes out, let Saffi still be there, but change her texture so she looks terribly burnt! Hahaha.

If you know how, go for it. Mr. Green

MLeo

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 06-30-2005 01:09 PM Post subject:

See:
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=284220#284220
Not bragging...

captain_obvious

the ultimate n00b.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: 06-30-2005 01:43 PM Post subject:

JimmyB76 wrote:
captain_obvious, mleo wasnt bragging (i think you were joking?) but even if he did, i would say he would practically have the right to, considering all the work he's done for BC, and the level of his knowledge of it's inner workings...
Razz

true,true.and yes, i was joking (think of it as reverse psychology thinking).