BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tips Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

deanej

Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Post Posted: 07-12-2006 02:07 AM Post subject: Tips Needed

I'm going to go through the campaign again and I could use some tips. Specifically, combat tips. I never was very good at it. I have beaten the game at first officer, but that's about it. I could also use help in figuring out how to make torpedoes hit their target.

gamesfunk

Zodiac: Leo
Location: Weapons Resarch Facility, Veldhoven, The Netherlands

Post Posted: 07-12-2006 05:24 AM Post subject:

First, don't let Felix attack, he's worse than you might are. Use your engineering managing, it does help you in combat... And if you turn in any direction, don't do it in full speed/acceleration, slow down first, to increase your turningspeed.

Secondly, for torpedoes to hit, use the radar squary thing (don't know how to call it), get into range in about 20 units and wait for the crosshairs (that's it) to show a cross -|- that one. And then somewhat smaller with gaps to the center inbetween.

G.

deanej

Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Post Posted: 07-13-2006 01:38 AM Post subject:

gamesfunk wrote:
Secondly, for torpedoes to hit, use the radar squary thing (don't know how to call it), get into range in about 20 units and wait for the crosshairs (that's it) to show a cross -|- that one. And then somewhat smaller with gaps to the center inbetween.
That works with most targets, but the area of concern is in E5M2 where I target the sensor station in orbit and the torpedoes miss even though I have a perfect lock (I'm not sure how to get within 20km without taking damage from the cardassians and then getting to the other station. Kiska will not use in-system warp if I am being fired at or she needs to change course, both of which happen as you try to move from one station to another).

Imperial_Destroyer

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 07-13-2006 02:21 AM Post subject:

oh that one, use quantums, boost engines and skip the cutscene by using backspace, you have to press it repeatedly
right before you get into orbit, target the one that will be in front of you as well