BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOS-Era Century class WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ACE_HIGH

Ensign
Ensign

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 02-16-2007 03:00 AM Post subject:

oh I didn't notice that this was post TOS, actually I would make the Reg lower because 1900 would be more like TMP era, (Reliant is 1864 and Excelsior is 2000) maybe it could be more pre TOS, it doesn't have to be 1900 to be a century, I think it would be better as like 1600 or 1800 or even 1000 would be good, but that is a minor nitpick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

MScott2273

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 02-16-2007 06:53 AM Post subject:

this design was going to be TOS-era, maybe 5-10 years later since the registry # is 1900, and i figure that because with the Daedalus class(2161-2196) the #s were in the low hundreds, compared to the Constitution-class in 2245(NCC-1700s) 80 yrs later, and the jump to 2000 was made by the Excelsior-class in 2285

Edit: To sum that up the ship is from about 2265-2270

cobie2

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Posted: 02-28-2007 11:38 PM Post subject:

Hmm, I like this ship. I'll beta test if you'd like.

MScott2273

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 03-03-2007 04:26 AM Post subject:

ok sure, i need to figure out how to get it in-game 1st

Sandtrooper

totlh
totlh

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 03-05-2007 12:27 AM Post subject:

1. Scale it (very damm important). (how big is this class?)

2. If you have textures, then the ship won't be a bright white object in MPE (32 Bit Targa, in other words, a texture /w Alpha channel). 2048s are considered Ultra. 512s are for multiple vessels at a time onscreen with little lag. 1024s are kinda standard now. (call somebody for textureing unwraping, I can't texture)

3. MPE is the hardpointing tool (as you already know). Never save the file in anything else but Scene Root (I serriorusly don't know what would happen next if this is executed)

4. You need scripts. (Ship File = scripts/ships) (Plugin File = scripts/Custom/Ships) (and teh hardpoint)

5. Direct the Ship File to your model (easily done since looking at the LC Ent-C points to the Ent C model).

6. It's kinda way High-Poly (40 K?), but I've seen Cube use a 50 K Nebulon-B in his BC install a few months ago...ask a few people for tips on Poly cutting for better performance.

7. I would suggest using the 1900s to 1925s (1941 is used by the Soyuz Bozeman, athough it looks low, it is TMP for some reason)

MScott2273

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 03-05-2007 01:34 AM Post subject:

Sandtrooper wrote:
1. Scale it (very damm important). (how big is this class?)

2. If you have textures, then the ship won't be a bright white object in MPE (32 Bit Targa, in other words, a texture /w Alpha channel). 2048s are considered Ultra. 512s are for multiple vessels at a time onscreen with little lag. 1024s are kinda standard now. (call somebody for textureing unwraping, I can't texture)

3. MPE is the hardpointing tool (as you already know). Never save the file in anything else but Scene Root (I serriorusly don't know what would happen next if this is executed)

4. You need scripts. (Ship File = scripts/ships) (Plugin File = scripts/Custom/Ships) (and teh hardpoint)

5. Direct the Ship File to your model (easily done since looking at the LC Ent-C points to the Ent C model).

6. It's kinda way High-Poly (40 K?), but I've seen Cube use a 50 K Nebulon-B in his BC install a few months ago...ask a few people for tips on Poly cutting for better performance.

7. I would suggest using the 1900s to 1925s (1941 is used by the Soyuz Bozeman, athough it looks low, it is TMP for some reason)

in answer to your first question, this class is the same size as the connie, just the nacelle pylons are different

the 4th question, how do i make the scripts needed for this ship?

the 6th question, i have planned to reduce the polys on this model maybe to 15k( and i do know some ways to reduce the polys)

the 7th question, the upper 1900s are about right for TMP that is why i have limited this class to 1900-1925 registry since it isnt quite TMP-era

Imperial_Destroyer

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 03-05-2007 04:11 PM Post subject:

easy way for the scripts is to take the ship file from another ship, say a connie, copy it, rename it, and then make the needed alterations to the file to get it to call the century
the custom/ships file can be made using BCMP, unless you want to get fancy and use the submenu mod, then you have to do the same as above but with the custom/ships file

the hardpoint file can be made with MPE, it WILL take you some time to get everything just right
a note with phasers, don't put the emmiter right on the hull, put it out just a bit to make the start glows come out right, it will take some tweaking, namely trying ingame till you get it right