BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To all members of the BCU community

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> Forum Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 11-12-2005 03:59 PM Post subject: To all members of the BCU community

This is the public apology drafted by staff members to all those involved in the events preceding my return. I will make a comment at the end of the post.

To all members of the BCU community

We, Lynxifer, Glempius and Pegasus ask for your attention for a few minutes.

As you are well aware, there has been an incident at BCU. Many questions have been asked, accusations thrown, and changes made.

We however, think it is necessary to apologise for our actions regarding the situation.
You will now see a passage from each of us, with a written apology.
This apology extends to current BCU members, “lurking” users, user who have parted ways since the incident and any person(s) who take a role in viewing this forum for whatever they see fit.

Lynxifer – I, David “Lynxifer” Greenwood am herby apologizing to everyone, regardless for my actions with respect to the aforementioned incident as well as any and all connecting events. My actions and conduct both on and off the forum was not becoming of a staff member of BCU, neither was it an example of other Nightsoft representatives and for this I truly apologize.

Glempius – I, “Glempius” would like to apologise for my participation in the events recently occurred. Whilst some might know I was recently appointed, this was no excuse for my actions. Many of you may have been insulted by my words, for this I apologise. Whether this was my intent at the time or not, I would like to re-iterate my apology, with an assurance that I will make an effort to be the original Glempius I signed up as, that many people have come to like.

Pegasus – I, “Pegasus” would implore to accept the apology I am about to give. My actions regarding the recent incident, upon reflection were very wrong, and I can see that now, thanks to the return of the upper staff.
At the time, I was under the impression that my posts were, whilst being harsh against most if not all, that they were acceptable, I realise the error of my ways, and will change my attitudes towards people.
I have heard rumours that a lot of people feel they can’t go to some moderators with issues, and they can to others. I would like to say the whole Moderation team, as well as the webmasters are good people, and I would like people to feel just as comfortable taking issues to myself, as well as taking issues to the other staff.
We are here to help, and I intend to help as many of you as I can.
Once again, I apologize for my actions and I look forward to returning shortly after I clear up several things in my personal life.

Now, we have received a threat from one of the people involved in this incident, and as you all know, I dont respond well to threats. This threat was posted publically by a banned member in direct violation of BCU rules. This will not be tolerated.

I recommend that any and all evidence that anyone posesses with respect to this incident be posted publically if they so wish. It is your right to do so. However, I feel it is necessary to point out that it will have no effect on my actions, this website, it's patronage, or it's membership. Any desire to attack this site or myself for this incident can be explored in any manner you see fit, but we will not engage in such behavior. If you wish to act in this manner, I cannot stop you. The choice is yours.

I would recommend pause and caution.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Bridge Commander Universe
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Micheal_Yar

Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 11-12-2005 04:58 PM Post subject:

alright as me being most of the time in the bc forums i would like to ask what "incident" is being talked about.
Offcourse if you think that is irrelevant i will just crawl back to the bc forums Razz

You have a dreamy mind, full of fancy and fantasy.
You have the ability to stay forever entertained with your thoughts.
People may say you're hard to read, but that's because you're so internally focused.
But when you do share what you're thinking, people are impressed with your imagination.

gdluque

Collective Alliance Modder
Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 11-12-2005 05:05 PM Post subject:

Micheal_Yar wrote:
alright as me being most of the time in the bc forums i would like to ask what "incident" is being talked about.
Offcourse if you think that is irrelevant i will just crawl back to the bc forums Razz

Well, this is very good, but I don't get a word either... perhaps I preffer to remainds in that way...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 11-12-2005 05:07 PM Post subject:

Sure, I can elaborate.

During my absence certain staff members acted unprofessionally toward board members and other staff, to include but not limited to insults, harassment, bereavement, bullying, intimidation and coercion, all in direct violation of BCU staff policy. At the same time, the forums were not properly maintained or supervised.

As a result, the conflict escalated to the point where a staff member accessed another staff member's account and spammed the forum, altered profiles and permissions, and generally violated every rule of this site. Bans resulted.

Afterwards, the staff members involved continued to exacerbate the situation. Upon my return, I corrected the situation with due haste.

I hope that clears it up for you

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

gdluque

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 11-12-2005 05:18 PM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:

Like cristal. THX very much.

BTW, It's good to get you back again, Raven...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

gamesfunk

Zodiac: Leo
Location: Weapons Resarch Facility, Veldhoven, The Netherlands

Post Posted: 11-12-2005 06:19 PM Post subject:

Go, go Raven! Our sweet dictator has returned... (just kidding, I swear)...

I wasn't aware of any non-acceptable issues you just mentioned. I knew that there was trouble here with some staff members, but I didn't realize it expanded to members and that it had such large consequences, leading to your post here.

Personally, I don't care less what other people think of me.. I'm just being me and if they don't like it, they don't like it. And I hope that other people think the same way, but not in a negative way.

Anyway, apologies accepted.

G.

gdluque

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 11-12-2005 06:41 PM Post subject:

gamesfunk wrote:

Personally, I don't care less what other people think of me.. I'm just being me and if they don't like it, they don't like it. And I hope that other people think the same way, but not in a negative way.
G.

I can't be more agreed.

ModderMan

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 11-12-2005 06:53 PM Post subject:

gdluque wrote:
gamesfunk wrote:

G.

I can't be more agreed.
Same here.

Dragon

TERTIARY X-1
TERTIARY X-1

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 11-12-2005 07:27 PM Post subject:

Oh dear, shame that the incident had to happen but its nice to see that staff members publically appologize even tho many are probably not aware of the issue. Lets hope these people who wish to tarnish the name of BCU think twice, we shall not tolerate any actions against this forum or nightsoft on our own forum (= Ban).

Hope things can get back to normal however

Torpedo Modding Guide
Shuttle Launching Guide

Sean

Bridge Modder
Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 11-13-2005 12:23 AM Post subject:

i would like to add that i 100% support the above staff for publically apologising... very big of u guys to appologise and im sure these other people will not cause any further disruption to BCU

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 11-13-2005 02:21 AM Post subject:

I also want to mention that I appreciate the community's patience during this incident and it's aftermath after my return. BCU will return to normal once things are back in line.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

JimmyB76

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 11-13-2005 04:01 AM Post subject:

and i would also like to publically apologise for my being rather harsh and b*tchy to people; ive had alot going on in my own personal life for some months and i fear my aggrivation with life and short temper resulting of being 2 months now 100% sober (and, well frankly, not coping too well with that just yet) may have leaked onto the boards... so if i have offended anyone anywhere, or was over the line or did not excersize professionalism to anyone, i really do feel badly about it... anyone can please feel free to PM me or contact me in msn if i did offend them personally so i can hopefully talk with them off the boards and set things right the way they should be and wipe the slate clean...
rereading some of my posts the past few months, i see i havent been the person you all have come to know the past 2 and 1/2 years (laid back and fun), but this will all change as well, to this i give my assurance...
i am very much eager, as are we all, to go back to how things were some months ago before all this drama that stirred up all this negativity and tension between us all recently...

blaXXer
Currently banned

Resident Insane Symbiote
Section 31 Director
Section 31 Director

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 11-13-2005 11:31 AM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:
I also want to mention that I appreciate the community's patience during this incident and it's aftermath after my return. BCU will return to normal once things are back in line.

no big thing, raven...at least it's nice to finally have you back Grin

Ruivo

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 11-13-2005 04:38 PM Post subject:

JimmyB76 wrote:
and i would also like to publically apologise for my being rather harsh and b*tchy to people; ive had alot going on in my own personal life for some months and i fear my aggrivation with life and short temper resulting of being 2 months now 100% sober (and, well frankly, not coping too well with that just yet) may have leaked onto the boards... so if i have offended anyone anywhere, or was over the line or did not excersize professionalism to anyone, i really do feel badly about it... anyone can please feel free to PM me or contact me in msn if i did offend them personally so i can hopefully talk with them off the boards and set things right the way they should be and wipe the slate clean...
rereading some of my posts the past few months, i see i havent been the person you all have come to know the past 2 and 1/2 years (laid back and fun), but this will all change as well, to this i give my assurance...
i am very much eager, as are we all, to go back to how things were some months ago before all this drama that stirred up all this negativity and tension between us all recently...

Hey dud, don't need to apologize for nothing Smile

BTW, i kept myself out of bcu for some time bcuz i was apalled with the behavior of some people (not mentioning any names), people acting as childs and not beeing polite at all, mostly on the spam forums (except for the political debate forum), and i simply can't deal with childs.
But i'm happy to see that things are going to be back the way they were Smile

Asgard's most famous clan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

captain_obvious

the ultimate n00b.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Zodiac: Aries

Post Posted: 11-13-2005 09:35 PM Post subject:

Ruivo wrote:
JimmyB76 wrote:

Hey dud, don't need to apologize for nothing Smile

BTW, i kept myself out of bcu for some time bcuz i was apalled with the behavior of some people (not mentioning any names), people acting as childs and not beeing polite at all, mostly on the spam forums (except for the political debate forum), and i simply can't deal with childs.
But i'm happy to see that things are going to be back the way they were Smile

I'm betting i'm one of them Ruivo....... I am an idiot.

And jimmy, why apologise when you havent offended?

Your mind is an incubator for good ideas, it just takes a while for them to develop.
But when you think of something, watch out!
Your thoughts tend to be huge, and they come on quickly - like an explosion.
You tend to be quiet around others, unless you're inspired by your next big idea.

What Pattern Is Your Brain?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatpatternisyourbrainquiz/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SpawnsDeath1977

Here to have FUN!!!
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 11-15-2005 04:14 PM Post subject:

thank you all for the apology, and its nice to see that things are getting back to normal. Life happens all the time, its just learinging that life at home and work don't mix too well.

Any way welcome back Raven, i spend most of my time in the forems searching for things and its good to know that the forems wii be back to normal.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

DangerousBeauty

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 11-23-2005 03:18 AM Post subject:

Just a quick question. I'm new here but I guess I just wanted to ask a quick question. What happened to those people that made the apologizes?

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Post Posted: 11-23-2005 04:43 AM Post subject:

Diciplinary action is between the administator and the person being diciplined (for other staff or members), I don't expect this to be released, but it's Raven's call. Infact, I'm not even sure myself. Though one could use common sense here and figure if they were told to issue an appology, there was probably an other, less favorable choice.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 11-23-2005 04:02 PM Post subject:

Any diciplinary action taken against staff members is always kept private. It is one of the perks of being staff.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

gdluque

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 11-23-2005 05:12 PM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:
Any diciplinary action taken against staff members is always kept private. It is one of the perks of being staff.

agreed

DangerousBeauty

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 11-23-2005 08:20 PM Post subject:

I just asked because it just seemed like they got like banned or something.

But like..I hope this site isn't like the last posting site where the staff tought they were all powerful and mistreated people....

Pegasus

Resident Irishman
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 11-25-2005 09:52 AM Post subject:

DangerousBeauty wrote:
I just asked because it just seemed like they got like banned or something.

But like..I hope this site isn't like the last posting site where the staff tought they were all powerful and mistreated people....

No, we are still here. I'm just on leave for a while so I can clear somethings up in my life.

this is my first post in god only knows how long.

But no, this isn't a site where the mods are "Untouchable" We did take some liberties in certain maters, but that is a thing of the past at the moment.

Armondikov

Tan tan ta ra, tzing boom!

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 11-25-2005 01:43 PM Post subject:

We aren't untouchable, most of the normal moderators aren't much more powerful or priverlaged than a regular member, we're just hear to keep an eye on things and provide help where we can. Even Admin staff can get hauled over some things.

morgan0210

Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 11-25-2005 08:37 PM Post subject:

I'd like to turn the attention to the treat Raven mentioned for a moment. I hope I'm not stepping out of line, but I can't help to be courious, what was the nature of the threat? (threats of violence against members or staff for example?)

Intrepid-class MVAM Ship Pack 1.0

Voyager Sound Pack

Armondikov

Tan tan ta ra, tzing boom!

Zodiac: Cancer

Post Posted: 11-25-2005 10:37 PM Post subject:

They were just letting off some steam, there was no actual threat that concerns anyone else.

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 11-26-2005 02:56 AM Post subject:

The comment to the threat was directed at the person that posted it. They know who they are.

I would rather not elaborate any further on that issue.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Post Posted: 11-26-2005 12:59 PM Post subject:

Armondikov wrote:
We aren't untouchable, most of the normal moderators aren't much more powerful or priverlaged than a regular member, we're just hear to keep an eye on things and provide help where we can. Even Admin staff can get hauled over some things.

Nah, that's just Raven. He's the only one who's untouchable and gets to abuse people Mr. Green Trust me, if you've seen that thread in the spam thread, be happy you don't work in the office with him Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Ambassador

I'm me, myself, and I.
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 11-26-2005 09:05 PM Post subject:

Well at least i wasn't here during those days.

It all spunds like a big mess.

welcome back raven.

Cpt Hooker

Commodore
Commodore

Zodiac: Virgo

Post Posted: 11-30-2005 03:04 PM Post subject:

gdluque wrote:
Raven Night wrote:

Like cristal. THX very much.

BTW, It's good to get you back again, Raven...

Yes I am glad your back, I never knew about it.

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

GhostOfThePast

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 12-01-2005 09:43 PM Post subject:

Guess good help is hard to find these days, huh Raven?
Not like the good ol days.... Wink