BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poseidon Bridge WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Bridge Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JimmyB76

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 01-01-2004 09:56 PM Post subject:

Admiral Firedrake wrote:
You will become one with the Firedrake. You will all become one with the Firedrake.

Your making me nuts!

fd, you still drunk from last night or something?
lol

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 01-01-2004 10:43 PM Post subject:

Whats the progress on the Poseidon Bridge? Or Poseidon 2.0 for that matter... haven't heard much about them for a while...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

ChiefBrex

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 01-01-2004 11:07 PM Post subject:

Poseidon 2.0 will be released soon, as there are only a few more tweaks to be done on the textures.

Poseidon Bridge is still a way's off.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

JimmyB76

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 01-01-2004 11:08 PM Post subject:

well, geez, brex!
get with it already!
god, we're all waiting!!!
jeez!
lol

ChiefBrex

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 01-02-2004 07:44 PM Post subject:

Apoc has the Poseidon bridge, not me. Last I checked, he was working on flipping the normals for that bridge. Tooie32 will be doing the texturing if he ever gets the bridge.

USS Phoenix and I haven't worked on the Poseidon for awhile, but will be finishing it up in the next couple of days. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait. As will Poseidon 3.0.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ChiefBrex

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 07-26-2005 07:35 PM Post subject:

*dusts off this thread* I know I'm resurrecting a thread, but since it's my thread, I'm bringing the topic back.

I'd like someone to do this bridge. Apoc's all but disappeared, and so nothing's getting done with this.

I have a floor plan on how I want this bridge to look like. Anyone interested?

Here's a link where you can download it from if you want to - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Matiko-san/Bridge%20Commander/Bridge.gif

gamesfunk

Location: Weapons Resarch Facility, Veldhoven, The Netherlands

Post Posted: 07-26-2005 07:54 PM Post subject:

Nice concept, but I don't think that the bridge shouldn't be modeled with a conference room, the ready room nor a bathroom. A reference on the doors would be nice, but nothing more, since it's useless in BC for now.

How about any heights / depts in your bridge, got any pic of that? And I'd say lose the auxilliary chairs. Replace them with those moveable consoles like Riker used on the Enterprise-D is my advice.

G.

Mark

Co-Founder, 3rd Era
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 07-26-2005 07:59 PM Post subject:

i can only speak for myself.. buit id imagine this goes for sean LC and viper aswell when i say:

we're all very busy atm, either with bridge or non bridge related stuff.. if you can get apoc to send one of us the bridge we can ad it to the "to do" list, but that list is quickly becoming a list of never to be finished bridges.. so dont expect it any time soon.

Sean

Bridge Modder
Commander
Commander

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 07-26-2005 10:50 PM Post subject:

yea gotta agree with mark on this one... if u can send the file to either of us thats great but the todo list is getting longer every week

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

ChiefBrex

Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 07-26-2005 10:54 PM Post subject:

Mark wrote:
i can only speak for myself.. buit id imagine this goes for sean LC and viper aswell when i say:

we're all very busy atm, either with bridge or non bridge related stuff.. if you can get apoc to send one of us the bridge we can ad it to the "to do" list, but that list is quickly becoming a list of never to be finished bridges.. so dont expect it any time soon.

No, I can't, because I never see Apoc online these days. And my bridge is already on your list. Has been for 2 years. I kinda got tired of waiting, so I'm now asking if someone else is interested. Since seanabooth's started working on modelling bridges, I was thinking of asking him if he'd be interested in doing the Poseidon bridge after he's finished with the Olympic one.

gamesfunk wrote:
Nice concept, but I don't think that the bridge shouldn't be modeled with a conference room, the ready room nor a bathroom. A reference on the doors would be nice, but nothing more, since it's useless in BC for now.

How about any heights / depts in your bridge, got any pic of that? And I'd say lose the auxilliary chairs. Replace them with those moveable consoles like Riker used on the Enterprise-D is my advice.

G.

This floor plan was originally drawn up for an RPG. That's why it's got the Conference Room, bathroom, turbolifts, and ready room attached. As far as measurements, I can't give you any, because Apoc never gave me any indication what he was going for. But, if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say, probably the same height as a Sovereign Class bridge.

Mark

Co-Founder, 3rd Era
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 07-27-2005 12:02 AM Post subject:

ChiefBrex wrote:
No, I can't, because I never see Apoc online these days. And my bridge is already on your list. Has been for 2 years. I kinda got tired of waiting, so I'm now asking if someone else is interested. Since seanabooth's started working on modelling bridges, I was thinking of asking him if he'd be interested in doing the Poseidon bridge after he's finished with the Olympic one.

well i talk to seanabooth almost everyday and i happen to know hes got too many bridges as is, alot more then just the olympic

like i said, everyones busy. my advice would be bring it back up in a month or so when lc is closer to having finished training us both

Phaser

Star Trek Canon Authority
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 07-27-2005 04:10 AM Post subject:

ChiefBrex wrote:
This floor plan was originally drawn up for an RPG. That's why it's got the Conference Room, bathroom, turbolifts, and ready room attached.

The bathroom is there because this was for an RPG? What exactly were you going to be doing in this RPG? Laughing

Anyway, the bridge is very unorthodox, though that isn't a bad thing! However, I like the suggestions made by gamesfunk.

Also, what Mark said is completely true (Duh. He's one of the main bridge modelers, so of course he'd know what's up!). No bridge modelers are or will be free for months, if not years. The list of bridges to be made is quite long. Since you now have experience modeling now (I'm speaking of the Ptolemy, of course), why don't you give the bridge a go yourself? This community is always in need of more bridge modelers, anyway.

gamesfunk

Location: Weapons Resarch Facility, Veldhoven, The Netherlands

Post Posted: 07-27-2005 06:32 AM Post subject:

No, what I meant with heights and depths a plateau like on the Sovereign bridge or the Galaxy brigde for that matter. I'll show you:

As you can see, you see a height difference for the captain, xo and ao seats in comparison with the tactical officer as for the engineering part at the back of the bridge. As for the consoles of the XO and AO:

Hope this clears of a bit..

@ Phaser: Laughing

@ Mark: in training? Does that mean that you can do the thing which only 1 or 2 people can atm? Thank you for putting time in this, both Mark and LC A. The community (or at least I) thanks you.

G.