BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Endurance Class MESH FINISHED!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mayhemuk

Captain
Captain

Zodiac: Capricorn

Post Posted: 05-30-2006 09:38 PM Post subject:

Nice one mate, she looks just like the model, great work

USS Courageous, I will take her to hell and back, and if she is willing, Beyond.

markusn

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 05-30-2006 10:16 PM Post subject:

Very amazing work! I am really impressed by how perfectly this model captures the shape and details of the physical model. I'm also very flattered by the discussion on this forum and all the interest in the Endurance class ship. I built the physical model in 1999 for a contest at starshipmodeler.com, and I haven't done much Star Trek stuff since, so I'm really glad folks here like it.

The general design was based on a couple of drawings John Eaves made of alternate Sovereign-class design studies, after the Sovereign itself was finished. The sketches are in the TNG Movies Sketchbook, on pages 100-101. I used the hull configuration from one and the warp engines from the other. The ship is supposed to be about halfway in size between the Sovereign and Excelsior.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. I'll be glad to provide photos for making textures and image maps.

Markus

admiral horton

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Zodiac: Virgo

Post Posted: 06-03-2006 09:01 AM Post subject:

what design are you going with on the texturing of the thing i rember see this as a plastic model years ago and im glad to see this as a mesh its about time i have always like this design

serverandenforcer

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 06-03-2006 08:36 PM Post subject:

I was thinking of one of the darker sovereign textures, such as the one from First Contact. It was more of a greyish blue in that movie than the white hull color that we see in Nemesis. However, I still need someone to show me how to texture. I can't get things setup right in max so that I can map the whole ship. Unless someone of above average skill would like to texture it?

You never really understand and appreciate the freedoms and liberities that you have until you go to a foreign country to fight for someone else's.

Christianicus

sub-Uhlan forth
sub-Uhlan forth

Location: Tal Shiar Phoenix Facility, Remus, Romulan Star Empire

Post Posted: 06-23-2006 12:52 AM Post subject:

Very nice modeling work. I really like the flow of the ship. Nice job.

admiral horton

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Post Posted: 06-28-2006 10:14 AM Post subject:

are you not going to texture the mesh

Darkthunder

Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Aquarius

Post Posted: 06-28-2006 11:27 AM Post subject:

admiral horton wrote:
Not sure, but I think he wrote somewhere that he needed someone to texture the ship, since he's not so good at texturing himself.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 06-28-2006 03:57 PM Post subject:

admiral horton wrote:

No he isn't. Working on finding someone.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

admiral horton

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Post Posted: 07-01-2006 03:09 AM Post subject:

oh ok cool

Starship

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 07-15-2006 02:10 AM Post subject:

Looking good ! News about her ? Wink

UPD Equinox

TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8
TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8

Post Posted: 07-15-2006 07:06 AM Post subject:

I'm sorry about what I have to say next. Please excuse my behavior.

OMFG!!! BEAUTIFUL SHIP!!!! ULTIMATE SOVY BASH!!!!!!!!!111 I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THAT SHIP NOW!!!!!! GReat work on the model Server! And Great design Markus!!!!

serverandenforcer

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Post Posted: 07-16-2006 03:30 AM Post subject:

Starship:
Quote:
Looking good ! News about her ?

Unfortuanately, I'm sort of in the dark in regards to any texture progress. I publicly released the ship a while ago for texturing. Got 12 downloads off of it, but I haven't heard of anyone doing any textures for it. I hope something is going on with it. It would be a shame if people are textuirng them and keeping the model for themselves, not releasing it to the BC community. If anybody here who has downloaded the ship and has gotten some work on her, you can post the updates here.

You never really understand and appreciate the freedoms and liberities that you have until you go to a foreign country to fight for someone else's.

mayhemuk

Captain
Captain

Post Posted: 07-16-2006 12:40 PM Post subject:

Yeah please let us all know coz she is one cool ship.

USS Courageous, I will take her to hell and back, and if she is willing, Beyond.

serverandenforcer

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Post Posted: 12-16-2006 07:39 AM Post subject:

Well, here's the update on this little project. I've found out why people haven't wanted to texture it, and why I've been having problems trying to map it. Apparently, I need to boolean all the pieces to together so the ship is one whole object. I've already learned how to do this, so it shouldn't take me long to get this issue taken care of with this ship. The only problem is that the ship is on my home PC and.... I'm in Iraq. Unfortuantely, internet usage is strictly regulated here, so I can't even receive it through an email as a download. Once I get home though I will work on this and on my other ships as well. Meanwhile, I'll keep up with shooting the Iraqi insurgents to pass the time Twisted Evil .

Eek _________ BCU M-1 Abrams ____ BCU Armor ____ BCU Armor ____ BCU M-2 Bradley ______ Mr T.

SuperSmeg

TERTIARY 1
TERTIARY 1

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 12-16-2006 07:52 AM Post subject: shoul

serverandenforcer wrote:
Well, here's the update on this little project. I've found out why people haven't wanted to texture it, and why I've been having problems trying to map it. Apparently, I need to boolean all the pieces to together so the ship is one whole object. I've already learned how to do this, so it shouldn't take me long to get this issue taken care of with this ship. The only problem is that the ship is on my home PC and.... I'm in Iraq. Unfortuantely, internet usage is strictly regulated here, so I can't even receive it through an email as a download. Once I get home though I will work on this and on my other ships as well. Meanwhile, I'll keep up with shooting the Iraqi insurgents to pass the time Twisted Evil .

Eek _________ BCU M-1 Abrams ____ BCU Armor ____ BCU Armor ____ BCU M-2 Bradley ______ Mr T.

I thought the whole Iraq thing was taken care of. Shows how much news I watch I guess Microwave

Anyway, I think you should change the nacelles. Thats the only thing that killed this ship for me. If your looking for texturers, contact DKealt or P$YCHO as they seem to be texture gods.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Weasel

Master of Assassins, Commandant of Executive Actions, Section 31
Section 31 Director
Section 31 Director

Zodiac: Scorpio

Post Posted: 12-16-2006 08:22 AM Post subject:

serverandenforcer wrote:

My wife is at Balad, but my advice is, try to avoid seeing her. If you meet with her whilst over there, she'll be one of the chicks sewing you back together.

Take care, and walk tall.

I am besieged by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna--I have sustained a continual Bombardment & cannonade for 24 hours & have not lost a man--The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken--I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, & our flag still waves proudly from the walls--I shall never surrender or retreat--If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country--Victory or Death.

William Barret Travis Lt. Col. comdt.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO! LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC! FOREVER MAY SHE WAVE!

Proud To Be Texan

hellsgate

C.O., Hell's-Gate Station - Alexandria-Class Shipyard.
Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 04-08-2007 09:27 PM Post subject:

Excalibur-Class and Insignia-Class meets the Sovereign-Class. I can't wait until she's textured n' painted-up with it's proper signage, pennants & stuff. Hopefully we'll see a LOT more of her at SciFi-Meshes & especially in my fanon database at "Star Trek: Hell's-Gate".

Actually, I'm curious to see what the secondary hull would look like if it had an Alternate Universe configuration, too. A Rapier-Class (Defiant-Class varient,) MVAM-capable saucer section as a Dominion War casualty/refit Borg butt-kicker.

gdluque

Collective Alliance Modder
Commodore
Commodore

Post Posted: 05-24-2007 03:33 PM Post subject:

This looks really good. Good job.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

serverandenforcer

Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Post Posted: 05-25-2007 03:25 AM Post subject:

Alright guys, I'm back home from Iraq (actually been back sice March) but I have a lot of crap on my plate right now. So getting this thing and my other models squared away will be a while. Believe me, I really want to see this stuff done as much as you do. If this was my job, and I got paid bu-ku money for it, it would be the only thing that I would be doing right now. Unfortunately, life sucks and I don't get paid to do this stuff to where I can quit both my jobs. One thing to note, since I've learned quite a bit more at modeling while I've been away, I've found how badly I've fudged up with making this model and my other models. It looks nice with it rendered, but if you see how this thing was built, you would know right away how much of an amature job this was. So I might actually start from scratch again with all of my models. So, no requests right now. Because you probably won't see it in 5 years (O.K., that's a bit of an exageration).

Shion

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 05-25-2007 05:54 AM Post subject:

I look forward to one day seeing your Apollo, Merced and Endurance in BC. The first versions looked great, so I'm excited to see what you can do with them now.

UPD Equinox

TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8
TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8

Post Posted: 08-22-2007 03:08 AM Post subject:

Sorry for the necroposting but I was going to suggest that you post this ship in The Design Beurau Section on the Star Trek Online web site.

They are looking for good new models and your is definatley a very trek looking ship with good design and very well modelled too.

www.startrek-online.net

BTW I'm still drooling over this ship! Smile

OOPSTER

Cadet 4th Class
Cadet 4th Class

Post Posted: 12-25-2007 09:02 PM Post subject:

i like the nacells, but there design dosen't match the rest of the ship. for a saucer & drive section from a sov class. and the nacells are misplaced. would like to see an different design for a saucer. or maybe not a saucer, but a foward pointing hull design with the drive section folded under it.

UPD Equinox

TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8
TERTIARY ADJUNCT Y-8

Post Posted: 01-13-2008 01:14 AM Post subject:

Hell no man! If anyone posts anymore ideas for changes of this ship i will go in discussion with you.

##edited by Gamesfunk

gamesfunk

Zodiac: Leo
Location: Weapons Resarch Facility, Veldhoven, The Netherlands

Post Posted: 01-14-2008 08:37 PM Post subject:

I suppose you could revise that tone...

G.

slyfox

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Posted: 05-06-2008 01:52 PM Post subject:

this ship kind of looks like a soverign but not exactly.I say go for it!
Cool sweet!!!