BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KDF Conqueror and Qonos 1 progress pics......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> BC2 Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Zodiac: Taurus

Post Posted: 05-11-2005 08:46 AM Post subject: KDF Conqueror and Qonos 1 progress pics......

Lots of changes and improvements.

Still more to do (poly reductions mainly, but I have to impulse vents, removed the old ones) but the meshes are very close to complete. My goal is to get the poly counts down, as they are way to high at present.

The wings were thickened up and reshaped slightly, and of course the Heart of Kahless sep ship (low poly) was added. Other little tweaks here and there....the only other major change was the deletion of the double warp engines on the Q1 in favor of one set of huge over/under engines ala Neghvar. I think it looks much better now.

Pics posted.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Bridge Commander Universe
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-11-2005 08:47 AM Post subject:

And the Qonos 1.....

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Nebula

CA/KM/BCS:TC Mod Team Member

Zodiac: Gemini

Post Posted: 05-11-2005 01:39 PM Post subject:

Surprised that thing is HUGE!

LOOKS SWEET

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-11-2005 03:57 PM Post subject:

Yep, both of them are pretty big suckers, the biggest ships in the Klingon fleet.

The Conqueror is very rare however....there are 4 in the fleet. That's it. Klingons believe in force multipliers, so most of their ships are of the battlecruiser variety. They avoid building large ships and instead rely on huge numbers.....

And those numbers are astounding. The Klingons are only second to the Borg, Dominion and the Haradan in numbers....before losses in the war with the Cardassian Union and the subsequent war with the Dominion the Klingon fleet had a total of 9780 ships in service.

But again, the bulk of those numbers are in smaller vessels, battlecruisers and the like. Capital ships are rarely deployed, and if deployed are usually used in a command role.

The Q1 is even rarer....there is only one. It is the flagship of the Klingon fleet, a one of a kind ship that is a showcase of Klingon power.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Atlantis

Cold Front
Centurion
Centurion

Post Posted: 05-11-2005 06:55 PM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:
The Klingons are only second to the Borg, Dominion and the Haradan in numbers

That would make them fourth then, no? :-P only joking.

They look great, the red on the edge of the wings is a nice touch. :-)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-11-2005 07:13 PM Post subject:

Yes, the design of the Q1 is very traditional....it will get the TMP colors and dressings like the Q1 from Undiscovered Country.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Phaser

Star Trek Canon Authority
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 05-12-2005 04:18 AM Post subject:

Oh my God! That's absolutely amazing!! Jaw Drop As Atlantis said, the red on the wing tips is a very nice touch. The dark gray hull plates near the middle are also wonderfully designed. The rest is equally jaw-dropping!! I don't know what it is, but something about that mesh just clicks with me!

Okay, now to offer a couple suggestions (if you choose to ignore them I completely understand): I feel it could use a little more detail on the ventral side, just so it would have the same amount as the dorsal side. Specifically, near the front of the ship (something to match or contrast that nice pattern of red triangles on top), near where the 'neck' meets the rest of the ship, and near the blank areas just outside of the red-tipped torpedo launchers/disrupter arrays (whatever they are).

I'd bet many people missed smaller ship on top of the main one, since it's so well-integrated. Nice touch! That ship alone looks huge, so I have to ask: How large is Q1 in comparison to, say, a Galaxy class?

Again, NICE JOB!

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-12-2005 02:16 PM Post subject:

Thanks.

Here are the links to the old schematics, I have to update them, but the info is the same.

http://nightsoft.net/IMAGES/Concepts/Klingon/Conqueror%20Dreadnought.jpg

http://nightsoft.net/IMAGES/Concepts/Klingon/Qo%27nos%201%20Dreadnought.jpg

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Imperial_Destroyer

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 05-12-2005 03:12 PM Post subject:

actually there are TWO craft attached to Q1, the fore one is not painted and really blends in, its more noticable in the other pics, but both are there in these

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 05-13-2005 06:29 AM Post subject:

Oh yea! I didn't notice that second ship! Wow! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Imperial_Destroyer.

This is really an incredible ship, Raven Night.

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-13-2005 09:05 AM Post subject:

Here, I will post closeups of the sep ships....the ones docked are low poly of course.

The Heart of Kahless is docked to the rear, and can be considered a baby Neghvar. The Blade of Kahless is a fast well armed cruiser, but is not as powerful as the Heart. Both ships are the personal vessels of the Emporer, as is the ship itself of course.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

starforce2

BCU Intersite Relations Director

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 05-13-2005 11:18 AM Post subject:

how about squaring off the head of the big one a bit? U got the nice curve on the head while the rest is pointy and it sorta clashes.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-13-2005 03:56 PM Post subject:

Do you mean on the Q1?

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Nebula

Post Posted: 05-13-2005 08:29 PM Post subject:

I think he did.

btw great ships Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Nexxus21

Ensign
Ensign

Location: Planet:Earth Vectors: 29-20-22.0000N / 098-28-27.000W

Post Posted: 05-13-2005 09:45 PM Post subject:

Nice designs, but I have to agree that the head on the Q1 doesn't seem quite right from the top view. I think it's to rounded compared to the rest of the ship design, it doesn't feel quite right. Don't get me wrong but look at the head or command bridge of the conqueror, it seems to fit the ship design perfectly. It appears to have the same design style as the rest of the ship. The Q1 doesn't appear to have that same symetry and maybe it's not suppose to Cool

To Boldly Go!

Neelix

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 05-13-2005 09:55 PM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:
The Q1 is even rarer....there is only one. It is the flagship of the Klingon fleet, a one of a kind ship that is a showcase of Klingon power.

A la the Mon Calamari cruiser, Home One from Star Wars Episode VI.

Great work on them Raven, they're really shaping up nicely

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 03:20 AM Post subject:

Nexxus21 wrote:
Nice designs, but I have to agree that the head on the Q1 doesn't seem quite right from the top view. I think it's to rounded compared to the rest of the ship design, it doesn't feel quite right. Don't get me wrong but look at the head or command bridge of the conqueror, it seems to fit the ship design perfectly. It appears to have the same design style as the rest of the ship. The Q1 doesn't appear to have that same symetry and maybe it's not suppose to Cool

Yea, it is supposed to be an extreme departure from common sense. Basically taking a Klingon style and running away with it.

The ship has extra style items built in just for appearance. It is a throne for the Emporer, so it has to be extreme.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Nexxus21

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 06:02 AM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:
Nexxus21 wrote:

Yea, it is supposed to be an extreme departure from common sense. Basically taking a Klingon style and running away with it.

The ship has extra style items built in just for appearance. It is a throne for the Emporer, so it has to be extreme.

Well it's definitely distinctive, unique and it gets your attention. Even if that's the Emperor's private vessel that thing had better remain on the Klingon side of the neutral zone, because Emperor or no Emperor that's no diplomatic transport vessel Wink

To Boldly Go!

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 07:28 AM Post subject:

Heh, yea, it has quite a wallop to it.

Ill be updating the pic shortly, but that at least gives you the stats...they are murderous.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe

Nexxus21

Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 05:09 PM Post subject:

Raven Night wrote:
Heh, yea, it has quite a wallop to it.

Ill be updating the pic shortly, but that at least gives you the stats...they are murderous.

That looks great you did some slight changes to the head of the ship didn't you...looks much better.... The symetry is there but t it is still distinctive...Now that's what I'm talking about... Excellent job...The Emperor is very pleased.... Smile

To Boldly Go!

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 10:00 PM Post subject:

Though I like those two dark triangles that you added, I think that the original 'head' was better. It gave the ship a sleek, but deadly look. The way it tapered to a point allowed it to retain a distinct Klingon feel. The smoothness helped distinguish the ship from other Klingon vessels--ignoring its mammoth size, of course. But if one looks at each Klingon ship alone, that head made the Q1 immediately recognizable.

This new version looks much more jagged and low-poly. While that may be nice for the 56k'ers, it really detracts from the model. I think you should change the shape back. You could keep some of the new red shapes on the hull, but you should space them out a little bit more, so there's slightly more green visible between them. However, if you do that, try to put back those triangles near the front. They looked great. You could alter them so they're more integrated into the new design, however.

Nebula

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 10:37 PM Post subject:

lol the more rounded one is the final....

Phaser

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 05-14-2005 11:08 PM Post subject:

Embarassed ...Oops...Well, good! I like the final version more (obviously)!

Perhaps you could add those two dark triangles, anyway. I think they were a nice touch!

Raven Night

CEO - Nightsoft
Owner - Webmaster
Owner - Webmaster

Post Posted: 05-15-2005 12:54 AM Post subject:

Yes, I could add back the black armor panels on the top of the bridge.

..........Me.

Raven Night
CEO - NightSoft
Starfleet Universe
Elite Force Universe