BCU main page Bridge Commander Universe
...welcome to the new world.

FAQFAQ  RanksRanks  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Staff SiteStaff Site    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Trek Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bridge Commander Universe Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want a 6th Trek show?
Yes
96%
 96%  [ 31 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

Psycho_Nemesis

Resident Psycho...Didnt You Read The Name ?
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Libra

Post Posted: 03-09-2005 08:24 PM Post subject:

Trekky_35 wrote:
DJcube wrote:
Darkthunder wrote:
And Picard I would think would become an admiral sooner or later, I mean come on they made Janeway an admiral directly after she got home from the delta quadrant Razz

Picard has been offered an admiral position in TNG, but he refused it.

And i think Janeway would be extremely tired of been a captain after what she had been through.
yeh but that refusal was 14 years ago (ST Timeline) and according to the book "Homecoming" Janeway wasn't given a choice and didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

Books aren't cannon information.

Anyway Picard isnt going to take the posation of Admiral not easily of course, since it has been stated countless times, he loves the exploration space, Admrial's dont exacly go out and do that. Besides as I already stated he's basicly the highest in captains in starfleet, after all he commands the flagship of the federation.

Janeway was most likely made Admrial so she wouldnt go losing another ship for 7 years, cause picard went to another Galaxy and came back in a day.....but noooooo Janeway has to take 7 years to get back...pfft stupid Janeway

Alohaman

Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Location: Utopia Fleet Yards Overseeing construction of USS Monitor

Post Posted: 03-09-2005 11:56 PM Post subject:

Okay guys, as a writer myself I'd like to voice my opinion and so I shall:

Number one: Forget about Data, he's dead, and he isn't coming back. B-4 isn't Data and he will never be as advanced as Data, if he got some magical upgrade that made him like that, then he would be a Mary-Sue which would poison the series into a slow death like Enterprise.

Number two: Riker and the Titan as a show might be nice but would be better in a movie. Another TNG movie should be made to tie up the loose ends in Nemesis: B-4, Riker and Titan, Picard's new first officer is pretty funny as he's like the priggy dude in Spirit Walk (The third book in the Homecoming timeline).

Number three: Wouldn't we like to know what happened in the timeline between TMP and TNG, there are 80 years missing there guys! We don't even know what happened to the Enterprise-B! Or the Excelsior for that matter. (Don't come up with any Harriman crap please, else be argued into the ground)

If they can't think of anything, I can. I have ideas that Paramount could use for the next movie that might be useful.

Computer: Self-Destruct in 10...9...8...7...6...
Me: Aw crap...

http://www.geocities.com/captain_alohaman
http://c-aman.deviantart.com/

blaXXer
Currently banned

Resident Insane Symbiote
Section 31 Director
Section 31 Director

Zodiac: Pisces

Post Posted: 03-10-2005 01:33 AM Post subject:

Alohaman wrote:

Number one: Forget about Data, he's dead, and he isn't coming back. B-4 isn't Data and he will never be as advanced as Data, if he got some magical upgrade that made him like that, then he would be a Mary-Sue which would poison the series into a slow death like Enterprise.

Number two: Riker and the Titan as a show might be nice but would be better in a movie. Another TNG movie should be made to tie up the loose ends in Nemesis: B-4, Riker and Titan, Picard's new first officer is pretty funny as he's like the priggy dude in Spirit Walk (The third book in the Homecoming timeline).

agreed.

Quote:
Number three: Wouldn't we like to know what happened in the timeline between TMP and TNG, there are 80 years missing there guys! We don't even know what happened to the Enterprise-B! Or the Excelsior for that matter. (Don't come up with any Harriman crap please, else be argued into the ground)

no...never...please...crappy period...IMO Trek should move on and not backwards in time...we all know the inconsistencies ENT caused.

Quote:
If they can't think of anything, I can. I have ideas that Paramount could use for the next movie that might be useful.

such as? Confused

Shinzon

CA Mod Team Member
Admiral
Admiral

Zodiac: Leo

Post Posted: 03-10-2005 02:24 AM Post subject:

picard's first officer. I never saw that part...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

RCgothic

Assistant Site and Operations Director
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Post Posted: 03-10-2005 11:21 AM Post subject:

Trekky_35 wrote:
Imperial_Destroyer wrote:
well, it would still be WAY out of char for lore to care about anyone but himself

yes, but just before Data Deactivated him, lore said "I love you brother"

An obvious attempt at self preservation.

JimmyB76

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post Posted: 03-10-2005 01:59 PM Post subject:

Shinzon_Of_Remus wrote:

get the dvd... it has the deleted scenes...

Psycho_Nemesis

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 03-10-2005 02:33 PM Post subject:

JimmyB76 wrote:
Shinzon_Of_Remus wrote:

get the dvd... it has the deleted scenes...

more so alternite ending

blaXXer
Currently banned

Resident Insane Symbiote
Section 31 Director
Section 31 Director

Post Posted: 03-10-2005 03:21 PM Post subject:

alternate ending- please specify

Psycho_Nemesis

Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: 03-10-2005 05:10 PM Post subject:

blaXXer wrote:
alternate ending- please specify

In the ST Nemesis DVD there was an alternite ending, instead of picard talkin to B4 and he walks threw the cordors and the movie ends, you get to meet the new First Officer.

Picard goes to the bridge and Riker pulls one last prank he tells the new first officer that picard is inform and likes to go by his first name, and he does it Picard gives him a strange look and Riker kinda laughs as he leaves, Then the ship does a warp test and you see the Enterprise E go to warp.

I personally think it was a better ending more suited of Star Trek

Alohaman

Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Location: Utopia Fleet Yards Overseeing construction of USS Monitor

Post Posted: 03-10-2005 10:57 PM Post subject:

blaXXer wrote:
Alohaman wrote:

agreed.

Quote:

no...never...please...crappy period...IMO Trek should move on and not backwards in time...we all know the inconsistencies ENT caused.

Quote:

such as? Confused

Yeah, but there is a lot of stuff between TMP and TNG that needs to be covered. At least give us info on the Enterprise-B. Funny thing is, one of the ideas Berman and Braga were considering to use, besides Enterprise, was a series about the Excelsior. Just some background info Wink Though I've lost the site where this was said...

As for ideas, nothing I'll release yet, not until I've written them into a story format. I'll write it perhaps after I've finished the scripts for my upcoming manga. I don't like mentioning things in idea format as they can be stolen that way.

The deleted scene wasn't an alternate ending I believe, because the B-4 part was always in the movie. It was just a deleted part they thought wasn't important. Picard comes out of his Ready room during the deleted scene.

A good movie they could and should make is one based on the Homecoming and The Farther Shore books. The ending of Voyager sucked as we never found out what happened to the crew. Or Voyager for that matter.

If they do decide to make a new show, I wonder how they'll present it?

Computer: Self-Destruct in 10...9...8...7...6...
Me: Aw crap...

http://www.geocities.com/captain_alohaman
http://c-aman.deviantart.com/

CaptainKeyes

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post Posted: 04-03-2005 03:59 PM Post subject:

Personally, i think a series where one of the small, unimportant, boring characters would be captain would be hilarious.

Captain / Storyline

Captain Redge Barclay / The crew pulls pranks on him mercilessly.

Captain Wesley Crusher / The crew mutinies after 5 minutes into the shakedown cruise.

Captain Saffi Larsen / Do i need to say it?

Captain O'Brien / Would be one of the cooler captains. O'Brien gets along with everyone, but the crew loses discipline until they crash in the Neutral Zone, and they have to fight the Romulans to get home.

Captain Ezri Dax / Ezri bores the crew with ramblings about other Dax hosts, but they all admire her and work well together. They are exploring a remote region of the Beta Quadrent when they get sucked into a wormhole and when they come out they are in the Star Wars universe, lol.

Captain Julian Bashir / He would rig the comm system to broadcast his every word, since he talks so much. just kidding! He would be overly concered with righting every wrong, and he ventures into the Bajoran Wormhole with Jake Sisco to rescue the Captain Sisco. The ship would get flung way into the Gamma Quadrent and they need to dodge enemies to get home. Voyager-style, but with more inticrate plots.

Hows that, eh?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

bbbb

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: 07-18-2006 01:23 AM Post subject:

Lore just wanted to sucker Data into letting him go, just like in Datalore.

A new Trek series must diverge from what we know of Star Trek. It must be new, fresh, just like TNG was back in 1987.

bebostep

Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Zodiac: Scorpio

Post Posted: 12-02-2006 02:41 AM Post subject:

I heard that there's going to be a re-creation of the Original Series with a new cast and better graphics.

Dante Leonhart

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Posted: 12-02-2006 03:13 AM Post subject:

Holy crap.

Quote:
Captain Keyes Posted: 04-03-2005 03:59 PM
bbbb Posted: 07-18-2006 01:23 AM

gamesfunk

Location: Weapons Resarch Facility, Veldhoven, The Netherlands

Post Posted: 12-02-2006 06:36 PM Post subject:

bbbb wrote:
Lore just wanted to sucker Data into letting him go, just like in Datalore.

A new Trek series must diverge from what we know of Star Trek. It must be new, fresh, just like TNG was back in 1987.

Have you been diving into the 'archives' here? I don't think it's a problem, but please keep the newest topics 'alive', more then reviving the dead ones.

G.